Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbye is apparently looking to get out of Tigers and they’ll play half. Not overly a fan but can see some merit in the idea

Dirt cheap only. He's a better option than Croft but that isn't really saying much at all.

I'd be very happy to Mbye at the Broncos if he could get him for 6-700k for two seasons. He's got ability and can cover multiple positions. He'd be fantastic of the bench or as a starter especially if we paid so little for him. We are going places, in the ascendancy and EVERYONE will be looking at us after we bash Melbourne. Croft, MotM.

I could only see Mbye as a utility option off the bench. Surely you don't bring him in to replace Croft. Dearden is the man.

I'd be very happy to Mbye at the Broncos if he could get him for 6-700k for two seasons. He's got ability and can cover multiple positions. He'd be fantastic of the bench or as a starter especially if we paid so little for him. We are going places, in the ascendancy and EVERYONE will be looking at us after we bash Melbourne. Croft, MotM.

There’s no way you pay that much for a guy who is a bench player at best.

I'd be very happy to Mbye at the Broncos if he could get him for 6-700k for two seasons.
That kinda deal has Paul White written all over it. Let's chuck in a PO for good measure!

Last edited:
Mbye currently at the Tigers wouldn't make many first grade sides but we all know he's a better player than that, you don't make origin sides if you can't play
Origin sides that our very own coach picked...his selection was quite baffling at the time.
At centre, he did miss the tackle on Fergo for Teddy to get the match winner in that series.

There’s no way you pay that much for a guy who is a bench player at best.
What 300k a season for a benchie? That's an issue? You mean you wouldn't pay that for Te'o, Dearden, Kennedy and several others like Riki, Coates, Mead? All of these are on similar money. You'd baulk at a 800k pa soo player for the bargain basement price of 300pa? ****, why?

What 300k a season for a benchie? That's an issue? You mean you wouldn't pay that for Te'o, Dearden, Kennedy and several others like Riki, Coates, Mead? All of these are on similar money. You'd baulk at a 800k pa soo player for the bargain basement price of 300pa? ****, why?

Ah I see, I misread your post. I thought you meant per annum. Sorry. 300k a year, then yeah I’d consider it.

Ah I see, I misread your post. I thought you meant per annum. Sorry. 300k a year, then yeah I’d consider it.
Oh, shit. I didn't think of that, sorry sproj for being cranky.

After reading what Josh McGuire said about the cowboys performances I would definetly take him back at the Broncos for the right price, unless he is so unliked that it effects other players.

I get the feeling he is "not liked" though bcos he tells it how it is. Some of these young players need to bloody hear it and they have had 2 1/2 years to show their "potential" without McGuire around. Individually we do not need middle forwards, but just like the cowboys, we are soft and inconsistent in the middle...

Last edited:
After reading what Josh McGuire said about the cowboys performances I would definetly take him back at the Broncos for the right price, unless he is so unliked that it effects other players.

I get the feeling he is "not liked" though bcos he tells it how it is. Some of these young players need to bloody hear it and they have had 2 1/2 years to show their "potential" without McGuire around. Individually we do not need middle forwards, but just like the cowboys, we are soft and inconsistent in the middle...

Well he also wasnt liked due to being a massive punish to be around and also he was the rat that got caught leaking in-house news to the media.

I’d definitely take his onfield input back but I’ll have to leave it up to people who know the guy personally wether he’s damaging to team culture or not.

For the right price it would be good to have him replace Glenn in the squad and move TPJ onto Glenn’s edge.

Last edited:
That kinda deal has Paul White written all over it. Let's chuck in a PO for good measure!
That was the total for two seasons or the amount we needed to put in. 6 to 7 hundred thousand or 300/350 a season with Tigers paying the rest. I should have been clearer.

I actually think it's a bit of a myth he was unliked by the players. Imo, he is exactly the sort of player that we could do with until the end of 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Clintos
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • armchair
  • broncoscope
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
  • Jedhead
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.