Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he also wasnt liked due to being a massive punish to be around and also he was the rat that got caught leaking in-house news to the media.

I’d definitely take his onfield input back but I’ll have to leave it up to people who know the guy personally wether he’s damaging to team culture or not.

For the right price it would be good to have him replace Glenn in the squad and move TPJ onto Glenn’s edge.
I'm fairly sure " the rat " incident was a lot less serious than the press made it out to be. It was just a bit of a joke from my limited understanding and the press got carried away with it.

I actually think it's a bit of a myth he was unliked by the players. Imo, he is exactly the sort of player that we could do with until the end of 2022.
What a pack for 22! (assuming Glenn Retires)
Haas
Lodge
TPJ
Carrigan
Moose
Rikki
Asiata
Flegler
Teo

Te'o won't be there but I'd be happy to have Kennedy take that spot.

Probably right on that one! Kennedy And Bully in instead? Would be awesome if we could move Flegler on from 600k. Chewing up so much space for so little return.

Last edited:
Lodge’s contract is no good but I don’t think the game has passed him as much as people say. Last year we all know he had that broken leg impact his game, and he’s only had 1 game this year which was for 15 minutes before his hammy went.

Our go forward was great when he was on. He made 60m in 15 minutes. Different positions but BHQ darling Riki made 61m in 80 minutes. If Lodge stays fit I still think he could provide good service for the club.

Injuries are the real concern and yeah, his contract is too long and one overly favourable.

Last edited:
I agree with Lodge’s contract being no good but I don’t think the game has passed him as much as people say. Last year we all know he had that broken leg impact his game, and he’s only had 1 game this year which was for 15 minutes before his hammy went.

Our go forward was great when he was on. He made 60m in 15 minutes. Different positions but BHQ darling Riki made 61m in 80 minutes. If Lodge stays fit I still think he could provide good service for the club.

Injuries are the real concern and yeah, his contract is too long and one overly favourable.

Im happy wwith lodge and agree with you! I said move Flegler on

Im happy wwith lodge and agree with you! I said move Flegler on

Lol yeah my bad. I noticed after I posted and tried to sneak edit 😂

Yeah Flegler is overpaid, no doubt there

Probably right on that one! Kennedy And Bully in instead? Would be awesome if we could move Flegler on from 600k. Chewing up so much space for so little return.
Brendan Piakura maybe.

Lodge out, Moose in would be something close to a miracle considering the nature of his departure.

If the people are in the know that McGuire wouldn't be bad for culture I would have him back in a heartbeat.

He does probably get on peoples nerves a bit, he can be a bit full on but I don't believe at all he was unpopular.

Last edited:
Second team announcement: Brisbane Bin Chickens

I love how the media talks about our off contract players like it's a foregone conclusion they will be leaving the club

Apparently Coates is waiting to see what Bellamy does before committing to the Storm, it's reported as if we don't even want him at the club, it does me in

As mentioned above, swapping Lodge for McGuire would be amazing, a better balance to the forward pack and he is the mature forward the current rotation needs.

If we could get him and re-sign Coates, Staggs and Dearden, things look pretty good. It is vital we get that half to guide Dearden around right though.

I love how the media talks about our off contract players like it's a foregone conclusion they will be leaving the club

Apparently Coates is waiting to see what Bellamy does before committing to the Storm, it's reported as if we don't even want him at the club, it does me in
It's incredibly frustrating being a Broncos fan the last few years. Yes the results have been bad but it's more to do with the media. Only our players are under pressure, only we can't make excuses, only our players want to leave, in fact it seems only our players are even off contract . Everyone wants our wooden spoon winning players.

I get it, the Broncos sell the story for news in Australia but ffs it is a short sighted strategy by news. Broncos are losing fans, they aren't going to other clubs, they are going to other sports. "A new Brisbane team will fix this". The constant hammering in the media is ensuring fans of the NRL in Brisbane are leaving the game at such a fast rate that there won't be enough for a 2nd club by the time they realise. And what's news' plan here? They own the Broncos, yes they'll make a quick buck from clicks now but the amount they are devaluing their own product is insane, is no one looking ahead 2 or 3 years?

What a pack for 22! (assuming Glenn Retires)
Haas
Lodge
TPJ
Carrigan
Moose
Rikki
Asiata
Flegler
Teo
Looks great but other than Riki they are all middle forwards so hopefully Piakura is ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• westy316
  • broncs30
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Xzei
  • The Don
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • ezpz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.