Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we dont get reynolds, then i would definitely make a play for widdop. If we are to have any sort of turn around soon we drastically need a senior half, whether they we keep dearden or not.

As others have said, if we dont have a turn around in form soon, we will likely lose other players who are offered more money from successful teams.

I think we have to go for Reynolds no matter what happens with the others. We need to make that move before we worry about re-signing Staggs or Dearden.

If Dearden stays, we go 3. Staggs 6. Dearden 7. Reynolds. If Dearden goes, maybe we give Staggs a go at 6. Having a genuine Halfback will give the Staggs experiment the best chance of working.

Just think, this could have been our future spine if management had a clue:

1. Walsh
6. Dearden/T.Boyd
7. Walker
9. Simpkin

Now it’s looking possible we won’t have any of them or even keeping Dearden, doing a Tigers and keeping the worst one of your future spine on an inflated contract.

Just think, this could have been our future spine if management had a clue:

1. Walsh
6. Dearden/T.Boyd
7. Walker
9. Simpkin

Now it’s looking possible we won’t have any of them or even keeping Dearden, doing a Tigers and keeping the worst one of your future spine on an inflated contract.
The walker one I don’t think we win that vs roosters at the time, but should definitely have a crack at getting him next year. If we improve and our forward pack keeps it up off the back of last week who knows...

The Simpkin one is just fucking perplexing, this kid has been in our system for years, was highly rated and coming to an age where you start looking at first grade. We have turps who SURELY wasn’t set as being long term and Paix, who they’re doing a weird experiment with who’s not naturally a dummy half.

Out of all of them Walsh and Simpkin do my head in the most. In saying that I also don’t know the full contract value of Walsh, it could be outrageous? From the articles I’ve skimmed over, Simpkin wasn’t much....which bothers me greatly.

My head hurts.

I would take all rumours of the club being linked to any player, and any of our uncontracted players being to linked to any other club as meaningless speculation.

Our club will be considering EVERY player who's coming off contract, and likewise EVERY club will be considering all our off-contract players. It's the player manager's job to get their client in front of every club, and talk up the competition. And the job of our recruitment committee to consider all options before investing in retention. The mind games being played are to create the illusion of demand for players to drive up their value, and the illusion of fierce competition and uncertainty to drive down their value.

Talk of Karmichael Hunt wanting to donate his time out of charity to sort out the number 6, and Staggs being offered it as a contract lever have utterly undercut Milford. And now he's back in the QCup his value is next to nothing. Dearden barely holding his place and being threatened by the club talking to much more senior halves will have put him in his place when it comes to asking for more money as "the future of the club." But of course, the bluff being played out could land him in Townsville.

If Dearden wins the game for us this Friday, I will bet he's signed by next week.

Hope Dearden goes to the cowboys TBH. Haven’t seen anything from this guy who screams superstar or even solid first grade football player. Be a huge blessing in disguise if you ask me.

Spend the money on Reynolds. 3 year deal. 800k 1st year, 650k 2nd year, 500k 3rd year. See if he likes that offer and go from there. We also need to be looking at extending Haas deal before his contract is even close to expiring. He will demand huge huge money on the open market so maybe an upgrade now with a contract extension might save us some heart ache later on.

According to Brent Read, we're chasing Mitch Moses, hard.

The walker one I don’t think we win that vs roosters at the time, but should definitely have a crack at getting him next year. If we improve and our forward pack keeps it up off the back of last week who knows...

The Simpkin one is just fucking perplexing, this kid has been in our system for years, was highly rated and coming to an age where you start looking at first grade. We have turps who SURELY wasn’t set as being long term and Paix, who they’re doing a weird experiment with who’s not naturally a dummy half.

Out of all of them Walsh and Simpkin do my head in the most. In saying that I also don’t know the full contract value of Walsh, it could be outrageous? From the articles I’ve skimmed over, Simpkin wasn’t much....which bothers me greatly.

My head hurts.

The Tigers could get him into the top 30 earlier and Madge sold it to him. Broncos couldn't offer the same quick transition from development to top 30.

I don't think it's fair to compare Dearden to Sam Walker, I think it's fair to compare him to Ben Hunt and as we all seen with Ben Hunt it takes time to develop these young kids into consistent first grade standard halfbacks

Not a superstar by any stretch but if you get him in the right team with the right players around him, he can be a really good halfback

So an open ended question with zero quotes or indications from the club. FMD these hacks seriously think their opinions can influence decisionmakers within the sport.
Yep, I think this is from Monday night, not sure. Definitely saw it before Read dropped it as a story. But of course the Broncos will be looking at Moses. They should be looking at all their options.

And by "looking at all their options" I mean asking the price, and whether they might be interested is the first port of call. They'll be talking to all the player managers all the time and running through their menus.

Yep, I think this is from Monday night, not sure. Definitely saw it before Read dropped it as a story. But of course the Broncos will be looking at Moses. They should be looking at all their options.

Would have to be last night. I don't think Read appears on 360 on Mondays

The Tigers could get him into the top 30 earlier and Madge sold it to him. Broncos couldn't offer the same quick transition from development to top 30.

That is what is wrong with the market right now, Melbourne can hold on to them and let them develop with the confidence it will be worth their while.

A struggling club trying to do the same thing verse another struggling club offering a quick path to the top is a huge factor working against keeping these kids and if we give in and play them too early it’s detrimental to their development.

A major disadvantage of being a club developing a lot of young players and trying to do it properly but is struggling at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • broncotville
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • dasherhalo
  • Swordfish
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Bronco bob
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.