Status
Not open for further replies.
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
think that's $1 million over three years
Well, that’s not what he said.
Margo even asked back why are they offering him a million a year, and he went on with the dribble that he is their future, blah blah.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Well, that’s not what he said.
Margo even asked back why are they offering him a million a year, and he went on with the dribble that he is their future, blah blah.
If that's true and your Dearden you take that offer every day of the week. How many halves have come onto the scene, had amazing first seasons and then been banished to oblivion (otherwise known as Super League)? Dearden hasn't even had an amazing season. He'd be silly not to take that money if that is what is being offered. Equally, the Broncos would be very silly to offer that kind of money.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Can't imagine a mill a season is even close to true. They're just asking for an Ash Taylor situation if so.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The pot of gold would have to be epic for Moses to leave Parra. AFAIK hes staying put. They have a very tight group there. Speaking to him at the start of the season he is very happy and there was no indication he wanted to leave. The only way he would leave would be to Roosters or Melbourne with big cash.
Reports were that he's on $800k as it is... so that's pretty good for halfback. The tactic could be more so about an extension rather than a massive pay rise.

His PO is for next year, but if he can use that and the current market to get a 3yr extension at $850-$900k then he's got that security and he's golden for awhile.

To poach him away I think the deal would have to be in the order of $1m/yr for 3-4yrs

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Apparently Chad Townsend to the Cows has been confirmed starting for 2022.

1 domino down...

Yep confirmed but might be better in the nrl players thread, not really connected to us.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
****, you'd have to be the most miserable bastard to ever draw breath. You know, pessimism isn't one of the virtues.

It is not, yet here we are.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I saw that after making the post. At least they're using him and it wasn't for the sake of making a signing but I don't understand the rush. They have Cory Paix right there on good money, why not give him first dibs?

I still think they could have played this smarter. A lot of teams have been handed permission to play train and trial players like Ben Marschke at Sydney and Bradley Deitz at Canterbury - give Paix a crack cry poor and say he's actually a half and we have no other hookers allowing us to promote Levi as a bench option.

Again how Sydney were able to get away with Ben Marschke surprises me considering they had Victor Radley and Adam Keighran right there.
Mate, your sentiments in principle are pretty spot on, but surely you've been around long enough to not need to ask why the Roosters were able to manipulate things one way and that of course no other club, certainly not our club most of all, absolutely could not get away with doing the same.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Next year can we please have none of this and just play footy, thanx in advance...

player managers would never allow that ... getting their clients linked to us is the easiest way to not only raise their clients profile, but also their value on the market.

That's always been the case ... but given our current lowly ladder position, seems to work better now, since the fans are desperate for rapid improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.