Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moses is a good player but he's got an option with Parramatta in his favor and he has until round 10 to notify them of that option, I think he'd be foolish to do it given the number of clubs in need for a decent halfback

Parramatta desperately will want to keep him though, you take Moses out of that Parramatta side and there's a huge dent in it

The club isn't convinced/ready to bank on a 20 year old halfback to pull us off the bottom of the table otherwise we would have re-signed Deardon already.

I think Staggs is a lock in for 6, Kevie was hoping he could get Milf to come good and we would resign him to play 7 but that's evaporated and now it looks like the club are going to the market for a 7.

Deardon is the future if he stays, but the club wants a few more years experience under his belt.

The halfback spot at the Brisbane Broncos comes with a massive amount of expectation and pressure, it really shouldn't be handed to a 20 year old with a bit of potential.

Moses is a good player but he's got an option with Parramatta in his favor and he has until round 10 to notify them of that option, I think he'd be foolish to do it given the number of clubs in need for a decent halfback

Parramatta desperately will want to keep him though, you take Moses out of that Parramatta side and there's a huge dent in it
Absolutely. His kicking game is elite, and he's also their goal kicker.

He's not a million dollar halfback by any stretch but he's a very good player. Moses at 600-700k is good business. I'd rate Reynolds ahead of him but Moses is 26 and arguably has his best years still ahead of him.

Put it this way

Croft for 400k
Moses for 700k
I'd take Moses all day in that trade.
My top priority would be Reynolds though, great kicker, premiership winner, experienced at the top and a leader, I'd happily offer him 3 years.

Absolutely. His kicking game is elite, and he's also their goal kicker.

He's not a million dollar halfback by any stretch but he's a very good player. Moses at 600-700k is good business. I'd rate Reynolds ahead of him but Moses is 26 and arguably has his best years still ahead of him.

Put it this way

Croft for 400k
Moses for 700k
I'd take Moses all day in that trade.
My top priority would be Reynolds though, great kicker, premiership winner, experienced at the top and a leader, I'd happily offer him 3 years.

I don't think any club will be taking Moses from Parramatta for anything less than 800k, if Ben Hunt is on a million, Moses who I'd rate a much better player would surely be demanding something like that too

If we want Reynolds or Moses, it won't be a bargain buy

The club isn't convinced/ready to bank on a 20 year old halfback to pull us off the bottom of the table otherwise we would have re-signed Deardon already.

I think Staggs is a lock in for 6, Kevie was hoping he could get Milf to come good and we would resign him to play 7 but that's evaporated and now it looks like the club are going to the market for a 7.

Deardon is the future if he stays, but the club wants a few more years experience under his belt.

The halfback spot at the Brisbane Broncos comes with a massive amount of expectation and pressure, it really shouldn't be handed to a 20 year old with a bit of potential.

How has the hope of Milford coming good evaporated? it's been a week

I would take all rumours of the club being linked to any player, and any of our uncontracted players being to linked to any other club as meaningless speculation.

Our club will be considering EVERY player who's coming off contract, and likewise EVERY club will be considering all our off-contract players. It's the player manager's job to get their client in front of every club, and talk up the competition. And the job of our recruitment committee to consider all options before investing in retention. The mind games being played are to create the illusion of demand for players to drive up their value, and the illusion of fierce competition and uncertainty to drive down their value.

Talk of Karmichael Hunt wanting to donate his time out of charity to sort out the number 6, and Staggs being offered it as a contract lever have utterly undercut Milford. And now he's back in the QCup his value is next to nothing. Dearden barely holding his place and being threatened by the club talking to much more senior halves will have put him in his place when it comes to asking for more money as "the future of the club." But of course, the bluff being played out could land him in Townsville.

If Dearden wins the game for us this Friday, I will bet he's signed by next week.
The way I'm starting to see it with news reports is basically:
- Reports about not wanting to leave their current club = player manager trying to up offers from rivals ... if you dont pay more he's not coming
- Reports about other clubs offering x for player = player wants to stay but wants club to up the cash

Basically whatever the report is saying is likely the opposite of what is actually happening.

Us being pulled into the Moses contract now is all about Moses wanting more money from parra. He doesnt want to leave parra he simply wants them to up the offer.

Fifita was all about staying with us until Titans negotiated against themselves to $1.25m

Staggs doesnt want to leave to see if Titans will negotiate against themselves again

Dearden and the cows could very well be about him trying to up the offer from us because he wants to stay

Dogs being linked to anyone is all about upping offers ... Carrigan, Flegler, Piakura, etc. stayed despite offers

Lodge with warriors

I think you can believe it somewhat if the player is directly quoted or consistently comes out to deny reports via Twitter and whatnot.... TPJ was linked to everyone, but he constantly denied things and eventually stayed

How has the hope of Milford coming good evaporated? it's been a week

It hasn't been a week mate, have you been watching the last few years?

We've all be been waiting for him to come good, the club has tried numerous halves partners waiting for Milf to come good, his time is up.

It hasn't been a week mate, have you been watching the last few years?

We've all be been waiting for him to come good, the club has tried numerous halves partners waiting for Milf to come good, his time is up.

I understand that but no coach has put him on notice like this before

The pot of gold would have to be epic for Moses to leave Parra. AFAIK hes staying put. They have a very tight group there. Speaking to him at the start of the season he is very happy and there was no indication he wanted to leave. The only way he would leave would be to Roosters or Melbourne with big cash.

I understand that but no coach has put him on notice like this before
Milford hasn't been "put on notice." He's been dropped, and he showed on the weekend he's barely QCup standard. The only time he stood out was in letting tries through.

you know, its no wonder we cant win a game with all this shit going on in the background...

Are you seeing similar things with Melbourne, or the Panthers...?

Next year can we please have none of this and just play footy, thanx in advance...

The way I'm starting to see it with news reports is basically:
- Reports about a not wanting to leave their current club = player manager trying to up offers from rivals ... if you dont pay more he's not coming
- Reports about other clubs offering x for player = player wants to stay but wants club to up the cash

Basically whatever the report is saying is likely the opposite of what is actually happening.

Us being pulled into the Moses contract now is all about Moses wanting more money from parra. He doesnt want to leave parra he simply wants them to up the offer.

Fifita was all about staying with us until Titans negotiated against themselves to $1.25m

Staggs doesnt want to leave to see if Titans will negotiate against themselves again

Dearden and the cows could very well be about him trying to up the offer from us because he wants to stay

Dogs being linked to anyone is all about upping offers ... Carrigan, Flegler, Piakura, etc. stayed despite offers

Lodge with warriors

I think you can believe it somewhat if the player is directly quoted or consistently comes out to deny reports via Twitter and whatnot.... TPJ was linked to everyone, but he constantly denied things and eventually stayed
Yep, contract negotiation on anything is one big poker game.

you know, its no wonder we cant win a game with all this shit going on in the background...

Next year can we please have none of this and just play footy, thanx in advance...
We're seeing it with all the clubs, including Melbourne who still don't have an answer from Bellamy. It's just that you're not very interested in any other club's roster.

Dobbo reporting this morning that cowboys have offered Dearden $1mill a year for 3yrs.
That cannot be right, it just can’t be. Haha.
100% Dobbo is dribbling shit.

All clubs wouldn't stop with contract negotiations throughout the entire year. It's a fluid thing that is always changing by the day. Melbourne and Panthers would be just as busy with contract talks as us. The difference being is that ours tend to get played out in the media because we get hits. Not much you can do about it. There'd be a lot of stuff going on in the background that not many would know about.

Dobbo reporting this morning that cowboys have offered Dearden $1mill a year for 3yrs.
That cannot be right, it just can’t be. Haha.
100% Dobbo is dribbling shit.
i remember when Dobbo said with absolute certainty that Radradra would be playing for us in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Socnorb
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.