Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Staggs is playing us. I'd like us to keep him, but I don't see how he is worth the kind of money we are looking to pay him, and especially if we move him to six where he has no proven track record of playing in. I'd be sticking to 2 year deal at 500k and him playing center.
The problem with players assessing their own value is we have this lazy overpaid albatross currently at 6 sucking down a million a year. You only have to get through a game without yawning to be worth more than him.

What round is Staggs expected back? Must be getting close.

The problem with players assessing their own value is we have this lazy overpaid albatross currently at 6 sucking down a million a year. You only have to get through a game without yawning to be worth more than him.

I'm not really bothered about Milf these days because he is off the books after this year, but i dont see Staggs value anywhere near $700-$800k a year. This team needs direction, not a center who may or may not come off playing at 6. I'd rather see his money spent on god spine players. There are teams up the top end of the table who just have solid players who do their jobs in the centers while having really good spines.

What round is Staggs expected back? Must be getting close.

I think they said round 10 or 11. If Kevvie drops him in at 6, i think he will do well for a while then we will start to see his limitations. I dont mind if we give him a run there, he may excel, i just dont want us to pay him elite half money until he has killed it in that position for over a year.

I think they said round 10 or 11. If Kevvie drops him in at 6, i think he will do well for a while then we will start to see his limitations. I dont mind if we give him a run there, he may excel, i just dont want us to pay him elite half money until he has killed it in that position for over a year.
That 6 position is Milf’s to lose again this season I think. Though there’s every chance that will happen prior to Staggs return. We are in pretty dire need of a good right centre at the moment and if Milf plays at least at a passable level I think we are best served by Staggs at centre this season.

If we are paying him 5/8 money then I guess we might as well test it this season though.

That 6 position is Milf’s to lose again this season I think. Though there’s every chance that will happen prior to Staggs return. We are in pretty dire need of a good right centre at the moment and if Milf plays at least at a passable level I think we are best served by Staggs at centre this season.

If we are paying him 5/8 money then I guess we might as well test it this season though.

We really need to be better with how we recruit. I despise them as a football team, but there is an excellent article on NRL.com of what the Eels have done to balance their roster. We need to take note. Shows you dont need to make every signing a superstar, you can do very well just signing team players who do their jobs.

But let me guess: you want to poach other teams' players who think they're bigger than their current club?
No? What an odd comment.

No? What an odd comment.
Uh okay, you don't want to sign DCE, Reynolds, Moses, Harry Grant etc?

Not aiming at you specifically - at all - just pointing out the hypocrisy of taking umbrage about player loyalty, while desiring players from other clubs who would only jump ship if they also had no loyalty.

We really need to be better with how we recruit. I despise them as a football team, but there is an excellent article on NRL.com of what the Eels have done to balance their roster. We need to take note. Shows you dont need to make every signing a superstar, you can do very well just signing team players who do their jobs.

Here's something we could learn from Parramatta, that they had to learn the hard way: how not to get caught cheating the cap.

That 6 position is Milf’s to lose again this season I think.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'd thought he'd already lost it, despite threats from Walters he might bring him back. He was just the same as ever last night. Just doing enough to stay invisible.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'd thought he'd already lost it, despite threats from Walters he might bring him back. He was just the same as ever last night. Just doing enough to stay invisible.
I actually disagree, and I had completely written him off. I thought he had a really solid game and showed that he is most effective when his halves partner is doing the controlling.

His kicking game was great, and this was largely helped by Gamble doing his fair share of the kicking. Milf was popping up on both sides of the attack and playing that second receiver role nicely. Had a few nice touches that provided his backs with good ball.

Now of course, you don’t pay a player a million dollars a year to do that but if milf played every game like he played last night you’d happily keep him on 400-500k and spend big on a game manager/general type like Reynolds. My big concern is that I don’t trust Milf to not drop off and become a liability again, probably even as soon as next week. If he plays like he did last night for most of the season, you’d almost re-sign him. 1 year 400k.

If he keeps playing like he did last night the opportunities will present themselves on occasion and you’ll get the big plays that you’re after - he almost pulled off that trick play early kick with Gamble.

Kalyn Ponga on being pursued by the Broncos:

“I think that is plucked out of thin air. It is pretty funny. I’m here, I love it here like I said many times – I want to win a comp here, that is pretty much my only goal.”

Kalyn Ponga on being pursued by the Broncos:

“I think that is plucked out of thin air. It is pretty funny. I’m here, I love it here like I said many times – I want to win a comp here, that is pretty much my only goal.”
Lol newwie are further away from a comp than we are. We’re obviously in deep trouble atm, but they’re the finished product and light years away from being a top 4 side.

Or is the media deliberately trying to create a fake rift between Staggs, the club, and the fans because of Agenda?
For sure:

Who stole David Fifita? Gorden Tallis (media)
Who stole Reece Walsh? Phil Gould (media)
Who stole Tom Dearden? Jonathan Thurston (media)

And here's the one that will totally blow your mind:

Who stole Anthony Seibold's job? Kevin Walters (media)

Agenda or what?

Lol newwie are further away from a comp than we are. We’re obviously in deep trouble atm, but they’re the finished product and light years away from being a top 4 side.
Seriously, stop reading ANYTHING into quotes from 99% of professional sportsmen & especially NRL players at pressers.. they are trained to spew cliches and dead bat everything

Uh okay, you don't want to sign DCE, Reynolds, Moses, Harry Grant etc?

Not aiming at you specifically - at all - just pointing out the hypocrisy of taking umbrage about player loyalty, while desiring players from other clubs who would only jump ship if they also had no loyalty.
None of those are acting the way Staggs is and I have not made any comment about loyalty. If Staggs wants to go then go, I’m sick of the shit about waiting to see this, not happy with that. You don’t see any of those blokes you mentioned saying I am waiting to see who is in the forwards or the backline before I make a decision and they are players that have earnt that right is they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bongo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  • Maddy
  • thenry
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.