Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually @Sproj liked this post but I'm a bit surprised he didn't satisfy your curiosity. He's got all the financial details for the Broncos players. He told me exactly what Kennedy is getting next year (120k!) I must admit I was shocked to learn that. It's pretty impressive money management, a NRL standard bench front rower playing 40 minutes every week for 120k !!! You could have eight Kennedy's and get change out of a million.

Yeah not really sure what point you are trying to make again, it is kind of like you are trying to make an issue out of an answer to a question. I mean if a guy signs on bargain basement price most likely given he is a fringe first grader AT THE TIME and is still on said contract, one would assume that he is still on said bargain basement contract. Should he be paid more? Sure, but he hasn't signed a new contract, so again he is still on said contract. Not really sure what you are trying to get out of this?

To put it another way, Haas is on reportedly 500k a year because he signed a contract and is on existing contract. Should he be paid more? Absolutely but he isn't because he is on said signed contract.

Or further to the point, you might be surprised to learn Milford is reportedly on a million dollars a year. Is he playing like he should be on a million dollars a year? No way at all but regardless, he is still on said, signed contract.

I don't know how much clearer to make it to you my man.

ill donate my salon quality barnet to locky if he'll go on a nice long holiday and leave the broncs alone for a while or even just promises not to make any more media statements

this is a legitimate offer daz, dm me
If you’ve got enough to throw around flippantly, as a somewhat follicly challenged individual, firstly I hate you. Secondly, help a brother out.

Actually @Sproj liked this post but I'm a bit surprised he didn't satisfy your curiosity. He's got all the financial details for the Broncos players. He told me exactly what Kennedy is getting next year (120k!) I must admit I was shocked to learn that. It's pretty impressive money management, a NRL standard bench front rower playing 40 minutes every week for 120k !!! You could have eight Kennedy's and get change out of a million.
You can thank Seibs for that one :whatevs: Brought him over from Souths

there is a scare monger article in the CM saying that we're in danger of losing next Latrell Mitchell (Cobbo) because of our pursuit of Hynes

• from Badel
  • 5 clubs are ramping up their interest
  • Dragons set to blow us out of the water with a lucrative offer
  • Cobbo is contracted until the end of 2022 and will be promoted to the NRL squad next season.
  • we are looking to extend Cobbo beyond next year, but Cobbo's management is waiting until our pursuit of Hynes is concluded.
  • Dragons scout Brian Edwards thinks Cobbo is the best backline talent he has seen in a decade
  • Hynes who is seeking a 3 year deal from us worth $1 million, will be a roadblock for Cobbo who want to be our long term fullback
  • says Cobbo may look elsewhere to advance his career if we sign Hynes
  • then the usual list of rookies we have lost over the last few years

there is a scare monger article in the CM (can't read, subscription not working) saying that we're in danger of losing next Latrell Mitchell (Cobbo) because of our pursuit of Hynes
Surely we could play him at centre or wing for a few years if we had to.

We told you guys, if we started using his real name, there'd be an article about it and some of you didn't want to listen. Here we are.

I have no idea if anyone did or didn't want to listen but I was sure it would result in an article if we went away from it and it has.

We told you guys, if we started using his real name, there'd be an article about it and some of you didn't want to listen. Here we are.

I have no idea if anyone did or didn't want to listen but I was sure it would result in an article if we went away from it and it has.
If anything this is Badel thinking he’s getting revenge on us and he wants you to know he’s clever enough to figure it out once someone on the forum has spilled the beans. I think he was very upset with the cruel trick that was played on him.

Yeah not really sure what point you are trying to make again, it is kind of like you are trying to make an issue out of an answer to a question. I mean if a guy signs on bargain basement price most likely given he is a fringe first grader AT THE TIME and is still on said contract, one would assume that he is still on said bargain basement contract. Should he be paid more? Sure, but he hasn't signed a new contract, so again he is still on said contract. Not really sure what you are trying to get out of this?

To put it another way, Haas is on reportedly 500k a year because he signed a contract and is on existing contract. Should he be paid more? Absolutely but he isn't because he is on said signed contract.

Or further to the point, you might be surprised to learn Milford is reportedly on a million dollars a year. Is he playing like he should be on a million dollars a year? No way at all but regardless, he is still on said, signed contract.

I don't know how much clearer to make it to you my man.
I don't know how you know what anyone signs for at any time. You claim said player signs on 'bargain basement' price, right? You don't know exactly what that price was but you assume a figure, it could have been 160k, right?. That was last year. This year he is again contracted, again you don't know the price, it could be 180k with incentives like say, play wel, get picked for 15 games, next years is 220k, right? He's contracted for next year, again you don't know if it involves a pay bump, a pay cut or a promise to ride the ceo's sister. It seems as though there's a load of assumptions. If you believe you can get a current regular prop playing the same minutes as a starter, 40 mins and has and had good stats at the time of signing for 120k I think you're naive.

I've seen the reported figures and yes, they are around 120 k which is Danny Levi money but I cannot believe the Broncos would be so monumentally stupid as to have a good strong reliable regular prop available for another club, say the Titans to pinch for a paltry 250k. No one in their right mind would think Kennedy and Levi offer the same value. I'd be very very surprised if the Broncos haven't already sat down with Kennedy and beefed up his pay pcket. I know it sounds stupid but I could afford him out of my wages !! He wouldn't have to get smashed either 😂

You can thank Seibs for that one :whatevs: Brought him over from Souths
Yes, I just don't believe he was on 100k at Souths and thought, ****, 110k at the Broncos sounds too good to refuse! He actually was playing first grade(against Penrith) the week before he came to the Broncos. It's hard to believe he was a current player for Souths and only on 100k. I just think he must have been on better than that and nobody knows what he really was getting. 100k is absolute junk money.

Are you sure you wouldn’t go there huge? 😉
Well, I'd probably get him smashed but he wouldn't have to take his pants or shirt off to do it! He could be my bodyguard. I think if I was his manager and the Brisbane Broncos were thinking they'd pay him 115k next year I'd mention that rate to the other 15 clubs. Pretty sure the Titans would add him and pay him a fuckton more than that.

Well, I'd probably get him smashed but he wouldn't have to take his pants or shirt off to do it! He could be my bodyguard. I think if I was his manager and the Brisbane Broncos were thinking they'd pay him 115k next year I'd mention that rate to the other 15 clubs. Pretty sure the Titans would add him and pay him a fuckton more than that.
As long as he wears loose shorts, right?

I don't know how you know what anyone signs for at any time. You claim said player signs on 'bargain basement' price, right? You don't know exactly what that price was but you assume a figure, it could have been 160k, right?. That was last year. This year he is again contracted, again you don't know the price, it could be 180k with incentives like say, play wel, get picked for 15 games, next years is 220k, right? He's contracted for next year, again you don't know if it involves a pay bump, a pay cut or a promise to ride the ceo's sister. It seems as though there's a load of assumptions. If you believe you can get a current regular prop playing the same minutes as a starter, 40 mins and has and had good stats at the time of signing for 120k I think you're naive.

I've seen the reported figures and yes, they are around 120 k which is Danny Levi money but I cannot believe the Broncos would be so monumentally stupid as to have a good strong reliable regular prop available for another club, say the Titans to pinch for a paltry 250k. No one in their right mind would think Kennedy and Levi offer the same value. I'd be very very surprised if the Broncos haven't already sat down with Kennedy and beefed up his pay pcket. I know it sounds stupid but I could afford him out of my wages !! He wouldn't have to get smashed either 😂

You could be right and to be honest, I am not arguing with you AT ALL that he is worth more currently but the fact of the matter remains that I am going by reports and yes, I am making assumptions but so are you and given the reports are what I am going off, you are making MORE assumptions than me. The fact of the matter remains, whether he is worth more or not, he reportedly is currently on a bargain basement deal, so you seem to be arguing a point based on assumptions.

This whole discussion is just weird. You seem to be trying to make some sort of point against my statements by using more assumptions than me.

there is a scare monger article in the CM saying that we're in danger of losing next Latrell Mitchell (Cobbo) because of our pursuit of Hynes

• from Badel
  • 5 clubs are ramping up their interest
  • Dragons set to blow us out of the water with a lucrative offer
  • Cobbo is contracted until the end of 2022 and will be promoted to the NRL squad next season.
  • we are looking to extend Cobbo beyond next year, but Cobbo's management is waiting until our pursuit of Hynes is concluded.
  • Dragons scout Brian Edwards thinks Cobbo is the best backline talent he has seen in a decade
  • Hynes who is seeking a 3 year deal from us worth $1 million, will be a roadblock for Cobbo who want to be our long term fullback
  • says Cobbo may look elsewhere to advance his career if we sign Hynes
  • then the usual list of rookies we have lost over the last few years

Edwards used to be the Broncos; Griffin got him across to be the Dragons, Queensland eyes. This is absolutely possible. Edwards is involved in schools like Marsden and was also the Raiders Queensland scout before the Broncos.

That's how Beale got his deal this week, the Dragons want to increase their presence in Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • phoenix
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • bb_gun
  • Browny
  • Tmac
  • DrGee
  • Bronx48
  • Foordy
  • Redfern_1980
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Dash
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.