Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't CM post a story about Jayden Campbell 'tearing the Intrust Super Cup to shreds'. I guess with the news of the long term signing of AJ Brimson the Titans will be in danger of loosing Jayden as well right....

He is locked up for 21, 22 and 23 so no need to speculate.

Badel is the mule he’s not the drug lord. Orr would have rung Pete and said we want an NRL deal can you say the Dragons are keen. Edwards just asked about Cobbo’s deal at Brisbane.
Well if Badel is so concerned about being seen as the spineless shit **** he is he could try having some you know, integrity.

p.s. if Hynes is only asking for $1 million over 3 years ... then make the deal today. there is literally no risk to this contract
The risk is our numpties in the R and R department stuff this up and we miss him.

Badel is the mule he’s not the drug lord. Orr would have rung Pete and said we want an NRL deal can you say the Dragons are keen. Edwards just asked about Cobbo’s deal at Brisbane.

Cobs is contracted to the end of 22, no one should be asking about deals yet, otherwise why not ask about Campbell?

Cobs is contracted to the end of 22, no one should be asking about deals yet, otherwise why not ask about Campbell?

You can ask about contracts whenever you want. You can’t do a deal with him until end of this year.

Maybe Edwards think it’s too hard to get a club champion’s son away from the club. Maybe he thinks Cobbo is better or maybe he knows Cobbo is off 12 months earlier and he could get him end of this year for ‘23.

Maybe his ties to Brisbane mean’s he has greater knowledge of Broncos.

I really don’t know.

You can ask about contracts whenever you want. You can’t do a deal with him until end of this year.

Maybe Edwards think it’s too hard to get a club champion’s son away from the club. Maybe he thinks Cobbo is better or maybe he knows Cobbo is off 12 months earlier and he could get him end of this year for ‘23.

Maybe his ties to Brisbane mean’s he has greater knowledge of Broncos.

I really don’t know.
We could start a collections of cement kimono's off point lookout, put everyone off looking at our young prospects till we workout if they fit or not.

Just saying............................

I don't understand. The Storm's stats show Hynes works hard (harder than Slater, perhaps, although not taking into account the changes to the game since he played), but that somehow implies that he only works hard because he plays for the Storm, and if he were to play for another team he would not work as hard as he does currently?
not what im saying at all.....im not defining effort plays with my post.

But if you see Slaters numbers at fullback, then Paps and then Hynes, all who play the same position, kinda obvious whats occuring.

Melbourne ask a lot of their fullbacks in offense. They dont need the same effort from them in defence thanx to their controlling field position and number of set-restarts in the oppositions area.

We dont use Isaako in anything even remotely close to the way Melbourne use theirs...We need a good solid defensive fullback due to the fact we are constantly under pressure.

Ive not seen enough Melbourne games where they are under a lot of pressure to determine what Hynes is like defensively...

People on here have called out Matt Duftys name.....reckon last year that was a losing proposition, but this year hes really improved.

Note hes now this year in the 70th percentile for try and line break causes. He was 54th last year...

He could well be our man you know...

So about Nicho Hynes...

Some interesting stuff here from Roy Masters.

Quote;

"For example, the Storm calculate what they term “work rate markers”, counting a player’s total runs, tackles, support and kick pressure, divided by the number of minutes the player is on the field.

Whenever former champion fullback Billy Slater recorded a score of 0.22, he walked off the field totally spent, while this year’s custodians, Ryan Papenhuyzen and Nicho Hynes, have averaged figures 30 percent higher than Slater."

This "is" the Melbourne system.

So, if you think for any moment that inserting Hynes into the Broncos backline would instantly see Hynes replicate his Storm form here.....the Stats suggest youd be sadly disappointed.

Double down if you then pay him a wage that purpots to be fair for the Melbourne version of Hynes...

By the above metric, Hynes is already above Slaters best ever season....are we trying to buy the next Slater then?

Dont think so...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...b-football-is-king-again-20210514-p57ry0.html
I’m so confused by what point you are making.

You’re saying Hynes works harder than Slater did but that’s somehow a negative thing for us because...?

I’m really confused but what you’re saying. He has a great work rate based on variables that aren’t directly impacted by his team mates. Isn’t that exactly what you would want to see in a player if you were concerned about how they’d perform outside of their successful team?

Edit: I posted this before reading your most recent post explaining it. Though tbf I’m still confused.

It's a continuation from the 'Price is Right: Broncos 2022 edition' post which was openly based on assumptions to try and get an idea of the Broncos cap situation. I priced Kennedy at $100,000 since I was rounding down to the nearest six figure.

If somebody believes he's on high 100,000-low 200,000 I could see that.

Personally I hope it's towards the lower end because otherwise I fail to see the value in him as an NRL player.
You hope Kennedy is paid closer to 125k because you don't 'see the value in him as an nrl player'.
So, let's compare what Bullemor, Riki or Flegler are producing. How much do you value their present contribution?

Do not mention any words concerning potential or future or upside. Purely current effort.

You hope Kennedy is paid closer to 125k because you don't 'see the value in him as an nrl player'.
So, let's compare what Bullemor, Riki or Flegler are producing. How much do you value their present contribution?

Do not mention any words concerning potential or future or upside. Purely current effort.

Kennedy (26 y/o) - 49 running metres per game, 15.5 tackles per game at 79% efficiency
Bullemor (21 y/o) - 52 running metres per game, 13.5 tackles per game at 81% efficiency
Flegler (21 y/o) - 74 running metres per game, 21.5 tackles per game at 90% efficiency
Riki (21 y/o) - 72 running metres per game, 31.6 tackles per game at 89% efficiency

It's difficult to split them, because they've all been so average, but based on the numbers you'd say Kennedy has been the most average of the bunch. The eye test backs that up for mine. Tries hard, but certainly not the most talented individual in the world.

I hope for the Broncos sake it's closer $100,000 because he wouldn't have commanded that much money on the open market.

It would be unwise to pay him the same amount as Thomas Flegler - two wrongs don't make a right.

Uhhh is someone able to DM these code names? 😅 When I saw posts about people gassing up Milford and wanting him on the wing next season, I thought they had lost the plot lol. Makes a lot more sense now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Ozired
  • The True King
  • TimWhatley
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Scorchie
  • MrMoore
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.