Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ Brimson just signed a 5 year deal with the Titans and it wasn't even blown up in the media until his signature was on the dotted line. Bloody hell, why can't the Broncos keep things discreet like that. Seems like there are so many leaks coming out of the Broncos, it just makes it tougher signing players for cheap. I know player managers leak it to the media to bump up their pockets, media makes shit up to drive traffic/ad revenue and then we take the bait and spread the rumour.

I miss the good ol days when Bennett would just sign players below market value without all the fanfare. Parker would always sell himself short, vultures would/could never poach our players.

AJ Brimson just signed a 5 year deal with the Titans and it wasn't even blown up in the media until his signature was on the dotted line. Bloody hell, why can't the Broncos keep things discreet like that. Seems like there are so many leaks coming out of the Broncos, it just makes it tougher signing players for cheap. I know player managers leak it to the media to bump up their pockets, media makes shit up to drive traffic/ad revenue and then we take the bait and spread the rumour.

I miss the good ol days when Bennett would just sign players below market value without all the fanfare. Parker would always sell himself short, vultures would/could never poach our players.

Bit hard to keep things quiet when the media just go through our team lists hyping up all our players

I know it sucks but i actually believe our team is in a better position for the departure of some of these players... only one i really regret is Walsh and maybe Fifita but on our offer I'm not to worried about Coates and Dearden and I think Walker would be doing shithouse for us right now

Kennedy (26 y/o) - 49 running metres per game, 15.5 tackles per game at 79% efficiency
Bullemor (21 y/o) - 52 running metres per game, 13.5 tackles per game at 81% efficiency
Flegler (21 y/o) - 74 running metres per game, 21.5 tackles per game at 90% efficiency
Riki (21 y/o) - 72 running metres per game, 31.6 tackles per game at 89% efficiency

It's difficult to split them, because they've all been so average, but based on the numbers you'd say Kennedy has been the most average of the bunch. The eye test backs that up for mine. Tries hard, but certainly not the most talented individual in the world.
Mmmm, on the face of it or just on those statistics I'd agree however I'd think apples and apples, oranges and oranges. First we should have the contrast between Flegler and Kennedy and obviously the oranges after. Then games played and minutes adjusted. Also handling, penalties and 6 agains considered.

This is a case of the stats not being particularly informative.

I hope for the Broncos sake it's closer $100,000 because he wouldn't have commanded that much money on the open market.

It would be unwise to pay him the same amount as Thomas Flegler - two wrongs don't make a right.
I'm sure you could find plenty of front rowers out there, producing a tradesman like 40 minutes first grade each week for 100k. They must be a dime a dozen as it seems as though it's a pretty easy job and cheap. Easy jobs don't attract good wages. Therefore what he does is easy. Flegler getting 7 times as much seems a tad unfair.

On production alone, what do you think Flegler should be receiving. 6, 5, 4, 3 times or twice as much or should he be getting about 150k? I mean, Fleglers job is obviously the same and just as easy.

What Brent Read reckons:

" I think the next month is going to be a frenzy of player movement and the Broncos will be at the heart of it. Tom Dearden has not been sighted for a month or so. I think this is going to be a domino effect. I think next week the Cowboys will ask the question again about Tom Dearden, I suspect they will get him early.

“That will mean Jake Clifford can move to Newcastle and he will almost certainly move straight away. That’ll free up a spot at the Broncos and there’s a young kid named Billy Walters and I think they’ll be asking the question of the Tigers."

“Provided the Broncos are willing to release Tom Dearden and I don’t see why they wouldn’t, the kid isn’t getting a game at the moment. That will set off the chain of events that may lead to Billy Walters join his dad at Broncos this season.”

McHunt

What Brent Read reckons:

" I think the next month is going to be a frenzy of player movement and the Broncos will be at the heart of it. Tom Dearden has not been sighted for a month or so. I think this is going to be a domino effect. I think next week the Cowboys will ask the question again about Tom Dearden, I suspect they will get him early.

“That will mean Jake Clifford can move to Newcastle and he will almost certainly move straight away. That’ll free up a spot at the Broncos and there’s a young kid named Billy Walters and I think they’ll be asking the question of the Tigers."

“Provided the Broncos are willing to release Tom Dearden and I don’t see why they wouldn’t, the kid isn’t getting a game at the moment. That will set off the chain of events that may lead to Billy Walters join his dad at Broncos this season.”

McHunt
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

What Brent Read reckons:

McHunt

Yeah! Look at us go, landing the absolute pinnacle of that lot.

If Cobbo doesn't want to learn his trade and be patient **** him off. Same goes with all these young blokes. Hopefully it's a beat up, but no way would I be doing something stupid like just accommodating in the side in any position just to keep him.

Because even when the Titans are going well and we are going shit, there is still barely anyone who actually gives a **** about them.

I’m not even being funny. They’re a shit team who’s had no real success. Until they actually win something, they’ll always just be the in other league news team.

It's going to happen - but I really don't want Billy here.

What Brent Read reckons:

McHunt
We may have won about 4 of our last 100 games, but **** me sideways we’re super nice guys.

Turns out they really do finish last.

I don't know how you know what anyone signs for at any time. You claim said player signs on 'bargain basement' price, right? You don't know exactly what that price was but you assume a figure, it could have been 160k, right?. That was last year. This year he is again contracted, again you don't know the price, it could be 180k with incentives like say, play wel, get picked for 15 games, next years is 220k, right? He's contracted for next year, again you don't know if it involves a pay bump, a pay cut or a promise to ride the ceo's sister. It seems as though there's a load of assumptions. If you believe you can get a current regular prop playing the same minutes as a starter, 40 mins and has and had good stats at the time of signing for 120k I think you're naive.

I've seen the reported figures and yes, they are around 120 k which is Danny Levi money but I cannot believe the Broncos would be so monumentally stupid as to have a good strong reliable regular prop available for another club, say the Titans to pinch for a paltry 250k. No one in their right mind would think Kennedy and Levi offer the same value. I'd be very very surprised if the Broncos haven't already sat down with Kennedy and beefed up his pay pcket. I know it sounds stupid but I could afford him out of my wages !! He wouldn't have to get smashed either 😂
I could not resist, I had to respond to this:

1. Firstly, I feel like I am watching the tennis again, anyway, 6-6, Huge to serve first in the tiebreak.
2. Do you have photos of the CEO's sister, asking for a friend.
3. `But I cannot believe the Broncos would be so monumentally stupid', let's review some recent history:
A. Broncos management create scenario where there is a falling out with arguably one of the most successful coaches in the game.
B. Broncos stuff up signing the other most successful coach in recent history.
C. Broncos instead sign up a rookie coach who thinks he knows it all.
D. Broncos sign said rookie coach for 5 years.
E. Broncos R&R team along with said rookie coach proceed to get rid of experienced players in favour of a bunch of kids.
F. Broncos R&R team and the old rookie coach manage to make a total clusterfuck out of signing what appears to be a generational talented half back (a position we desperately need such a talent for).
G. Broncos sack first rookie coach 18 months into the 5 years contract with a million plus payout. Happy days for Seibold, the Broncos not so much.
H. Broncos win first ever wooden spoon on the back of stellar management and coaching decision making.
I. The Broncos R&R team and the new rookie coach allow a highly talented fullback (another position we desperately need) to sign with a rival club.
J. The Broncos and the new rookie coach allow the highly talented fullback to leave mid-season and royally stuff up a swap deal such that we get nothing in return.

Do you want to revisit your comment?

4. Last bolded - that is sounding rather creepy, in a Cathy Bates, Misery sort of way. You really are Kennedy's `greatest fan'. I will await the headline `Broncos player found bound in greatest fan's latex room' - Badel exclusive - with photos of said latex room and handcuffs.

For those playing at home:
Kennedy = The new and improved Danny Nutley Vers. 1
Isaako = The new and improved Danny Nutley Vers. 2

I'm sure you could find plenty of front rowers out there, producing a tradesman like 40 minutes first grade each week for 100k. They must be a dime a dozen as it seems as though it's a pretty easy job and cheap. Easy jobs don't attract good wages. Therefore what he does is easy. Flegler getting 7 times as much seems a tad unfair.

On production alone, what do you think Flegler should be receiving. 6, 5, 4, 3 times or twice as much or should he be getting about 150k? I mean, Fleglers job is obviously the same and just as easy.
I'm not entirely sure it would cheap to find a 40 minute prop but a 25 minute prop like Rhys Kennedy whom you are describing are a dime a dozen in the QCup.

What Brent Read reckons:

McHunt
“Young kid” “kid”

Billy’s about 4 years off retirement. Is he the next young Matt Moylon?

I didn’t even know Brimson was off contract nor was it reported anywhere. Did other clubs fly in and try to offer him boats and hoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Scorchie
  • MrMoore
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.