Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they though?
Definitely a better squad, they crushed us at the end of last year before the new coaches came in. If anything our roster has gotten worse since then and theirs is mostly the same.

I wasn’t even considering the score or ladder position. They look far better drilled. They can only play the opponents in front of them.
They look better drilled because they've been able to play a whole bunch of shit teams to get themselves sorted and build their confidence... we haven't been afforded that same luxury

Look at there spine. Are you telling me that you would have our spine over theirs?
Our spine is bad no doubt but other than. Holmes who is an out and out gun, they’ve got 3 inexperienced spine players and Jake “32 year old Levi” Granville:

A good coach could get more out of our spine options.

Reactions: Gaz
Really, 25 mins? So, avoiding the question I asked. He is playing 30 mins a game and we weren't discussing the ISC. I asked how many props playing in the NRL. Are they a dime a dozen? How many bench props being picked weekly are on 100k? Like you should be able to rattle off , oh say 12?
I am discussing ISC and every year players like Toby Rudolf, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Darryn Schonig, Jaimin Jolliffe etc. emerge a play their role. None of them were signed on lucrative contracts which is why they're valuable.

Nah **** that noise... they've had a dream draw

Panthers away lost 24-nil (basically their hardest game to date and they got smoked)
Dragons at home lost 25-18
Titans at home lost 44-8
Sharks away lost 48-10
Wests away won 34-30
Dogs at home won 30-18
Raiders at home (when they turned to shit) won 26-24
Warriors away lost 24-20
Broncos at home won 19-18
Roosters at suncorp (with half their team out) lost 30-16

They're playing knights right now and struggling to put them away and then they've got warriors at home again next week

So they will have played 1 top 4 team in 12 rounds... Roosters are no longer top 4 given the injuries.

Even after that they have manly, sharks, knights and then finally rabbits in round 17... the second top 4 team they will play is in round 17!!

Not to mention that by round 12 they will have played 7 home games with two others in qld... so they've only had to leave the state 3 times.

The draw is making them look better than what they actually are

Easier draw, but more guts than our team could dream of currently. They will sneak into the 8.

Nah **** that noise... they've had a dream draw

Panthers away lost 24-nil (basically their hardest game to date and they got smoked)
Dragons at home lost 25-18
Titans at home lost 44-8
Sharks away lost 48-10
Wests away won 34-30
Dogs at home won 30-18
Raiders at home (when they turned to shit) won 26-24
Warriors away lost 24-20
Broncos at home won 19-18
Roosters at suncorp (with half their team out) lost 30-16

They're playing knights right now and struggling to put them away and then they've got warriors at home again next week

So they will have played 1 top 4 team in 12 rounds... Roosters are no longer top 4 given the injuries.

Even after that they have manly, sharks, knights and then finally rabbits in round 17... the second top 4 team they will play is in round 17!!

Not to mention that by round 12 they will have played 7 home games with two others in qld... so they've only had to leave the state 3 times.

The draw is making them look better than what they actually are
That’s a cop out. We barely even looked competitive most games and the lesser teams we did play we still got flogged.

One win we had to fight back from a 22 - 0 deficit and the dogs game was literally the worst game of football I’ve ever seen.

Easier draw, but more guts than our team could dream of currently. They will sneak into the 8.
They didn't early on.

Their fortune only changed when they beat a shithouse tigers, which they then got to back up with dogs at home. Beating a shit performing raiders team at home then solidified their confidence.

They only beat us because Hampton done his pec and Payten wussed out and played Lolo for 70mins... if that game was in suncorp we smash them with the way we were playing.

They didn't early on.

Their fortune only changed when they beat a shithouse tigers, which they then got to back up with dogs at home. Beating a shit performing raiders team at home then solidified their confidence.

They only beat us because Hampton done his pec and Payten wussed out and played Lolo for 70mins... if that game was in suncorp we smash them with the way we were playing.

They keep coming back from behind mate. Credit where it's due.

They are better than us currently, and are coached better.

They keep coming back from behind mate. Credit where it's due.

They are better than us currently, and are coached better.
It's not hard being better than us for **** sake.... but I would fucking love to get the draw that they got.

Just realised the cows game against rabbits in round 17 is also an origin affected game... so the second top 4 team they will have played all year will be missing their best players.

They will be missing Val, but bunnies will be missing Cook, Arrow, Gagai, Sua and maybe Latrell and Cody.

It's not hard being better than us for **** sake.... but I would fucking love to get the draw that they got.

Just realised the cows game against rabbits in round 17 is also an origin affected game... so the second top 4 team they will have played all year will be missing their best players.

They will be missing Val, but bunnies will be missing Cook, Arrow, Gagai, Sua and maybe Latrell and Cody.

It's more about them not collapsing to 40+ defeats constantly. But they absolutely get more favourable treatment. This is undeniably true.

As it stands, they are a chance of playing finals football because they play as a team more than we do. It's that more than anything else imo.

What Brent Read reckons:

" I think the next month is going to be a frenzy of player movement and the Broncos will be at the heart of it. Tom Dearden has not been sighted for a month or so. I think this is going to be a domino effect. I think next week the Cowboys will ask the question again about Tom Dearden, I suspect they will get him early.

“That will mean Jake Clifford can move to Newcastle and he will almost certainly move straight away. That’ll free up a spot at the Broncos and there’s a young kid named Billy Walters and I think they’ll be asking the question of the Tigers."

“Provided the Broncos are willing to release Tom Dearden and I don’t see why they wouldn’t, the kid isn’t getting a game at the moment. That will set off the chain of events that may lead to Billy Walters join his dad at Broncos this season.”

McHunt
Barry Toohey is Newcastle’s Chris Garry

Attachments

• 72445EEA-5AA5-438B-9473-1B9761BAC02C.png
    72445EEA-5AA5-438B-9473-1B9761BAC02C.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 118
who knows how low the confidence of the Cowboys would be if they had our draw, in the first 12 rounds we will have played:

Storm x 2
Eels x 2
Roosters
Panthers
Rabbitohs
Not to mention the titans twice (who have already put 44 points on them) and Manly with Turbo

No way. We should never do North Queensland any favours whatsoever.

Reactions: gUt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.