Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To summarise hoops' BS.

- He's betting Hodgson will be lining up for us next year
- He reckons we have no money (didn't he say we have 3M+ war chest for next year?) lol
- Oates and Lodge told to find another club so we can sign Hynes and Hodgson.
- Knights intend to sign Lodge for next year
- Supposedly Staggs was going to sign with Newcastle before changing his mind last second

Tbf Oates and Lodge for Hynes and Hodgson is a pretty sick deal.

Hoopers a grade A fuckwit!
frinkiac GIF

Folau cleared to play state level again. Its being spoken about that hes cleared by Broncos HQ. Didnt know that BHQ had control over the Tigers on GC? Or was there a contract of understanding in place previously RE a return to League?

Folau isn't going to play first grade, V'landys said he isn't going to look at it until an NRL Team expresses a formal interest, but it's sponsor suicide(we all saw what happened when the dragons where looking at him), never going to happen.

I imagine he's being bankrolled by Palmer beyond any match payments from the Southport Tigers at whatever level they play. Just another weird stunt by Clive Palmer, he's a fucking loon.

If Folau wasn't toxic before, his association with Palmer has turned him into nuclear waste.

To summarise hoops' BS.

- He's betting Hodgson will be lining up for us next year
- He reckons we have no money (didn't he say we have 3M+ war chest for next year?) lol
- Oates and Lodge told to find another club so we can sign Hynes and Hodgson.
- Knights intend to sign Lodge for next year
- Supposedly Staggs was going to sign with Newcastle before changing his mind last second

So we had $3 million available apparently and after signing on Reynolds on a reportedly good deal and Lee on a likely fairly low deal and extending Staggs, Piakura, Riki and Farnworth who would have likely already have money set aside and missing out on Coates plus offloading Milford, Bird's wage, Joffa's wage, losing Dearden, Walsh (neither would have been on much but were still signed) and possible offloading Oates plus a lot of other dead wood, we still need to free up cash to sign Hynes and a possibly subsidised Hodgson? Rightio then.

So we had $3 million available apparently and after signing on Reynolds on a reportedly good deal and Lee on a likely fairly low deal and extending Staggs, Piakura, Riki and Farnworth who would have likely already have money set aside and missing out on Coates plus offloading Milford, Bird's wage, Joffa's wage, losing Dearden, Walsh (neither would have been on much but were still signed) and possible offloading Oates plus a lot of other dead wood, we still need to free up cash to sign Hynes and a possibly subsidised Hodgson? Rightio then.
I think its much tighter than we imagine. Ill do a list/conract values soon. I think we will only have around 500-700 in the bank.

I think its much tighter than we imagine. Ill do a list/conract values soon. I think we will only have around 500-700 in the bank.
Then how the everloving **** do Titans have so much $$$ lying around, they have spent far more than us, and got rid of a lot less.
Doesn't make sense at all to me.
In fairness im pretty ordinary at math.

Well you know how much I love a list! So if we offload Oates then (easier said than done I know), you'd imagine there would still be enough for Hynes and Hodgson. I do look forward to the list though because I just cannot see how we have so little left. Who is still on a ridiculous wage that we don't know about?

I agree with everything you’ve said but one point that works in Huge’s favour is that he is a Seibold signing. Hard to say how much money that idiot would throw at a player like Kennedy.
You have to remember at the time of Kennedy's signing Seibs would tell anyone who would listen that Brisbane couldn't announce any signings until they got under the cap. So when they announced Jaydn Su'A had been released to Souths in exchange for Rhys Kennedy it was done to offset Jaydn's value.

I don't think Seibs rated Kennedy at that point in time as anything more than a fringe forward. This was manifested in his selections and interchange usages where Rhys was never guaranteed a spot in the starting 17 and even when he was selected he barely got any time on the field.

That was true of a lot of signings Seibs made in players like Kennar, Arthars, Hopoate, Petterson-Robati etc. Cheap signings who could fill out the roster who understood his methods and could help flesh his system out.

With uncertainty over COVID and an overall lack of interest I could easily see Kennedy accepting another cheap extension just to continue working his dream job. It's certainly better than the alternative for him where he was working two jobs on top of studying for an undergraduates degree. I would also be keen to know how secure that second year is considering there were reports that he along with several players were put on notice.

Regardless I thought I would just clear it up since it had spilled over from General Discussion. The discussion in general was just based on assumptions and a light hearted attempt at figuring out the Broncos cap situation.

Folau cleared to play state level again. Its being spoken about that hes cleared by Broncos HQ. Didnt know that BHQ had control over the Tigers on GC? Or was there a contract of understanding in place previously RE a return to League?
There is nothing this site doesn’t know or have control over.

You of all people should know that, Mr. Bond.

I agree with everything you’ve said but one point that works in Huge’s favour is that he is a Seibold signing. Hard to say how much money that idiot would throw at a player like Kennedy.
Seibold didn't sign him for three years. A player 'like Kennedy', what's that's supposed to mean? He signed in 2019 during the season for up till the end of 2020. KW and the Broncos chose to re-sign him for 21 and beyond. He's on whatever those idiots decided he was worth. Seibold has nothing to do with it. Hard to believe you believe he's only worth 100k.

Not yet.

Queensland Rugby League has received an application for registration for Israel Folau to join the Southport Tigers.

QRL is currently considering the Tigers' application, in line with its rules and processes that govern the registration of players.

An update will be provided when the process is complete.

Not yet.

Queensland Rugby League has received an application for registration for Israel Folau to join the Southport Tigers.

QRL is currently considering the Tigers' application, in line with its rules and processes that govern the registration of players.

An update will be provided when the process is complete.
You would assume he's somewhat of a replacement for Coates. Maybe Broncos have become more desperate after that loss.

If we got both Folau AND Vunivalu aswell as Hynes.. That would be some serious fire power in the backline..

1. Nicho Hynes
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Israel Folau
5. Suliasi Vunivalu
6. Kotoni Staggs
7. Adam Reynolds

Sigh.... que oversensationalised commentary from the NSWRL that the world is ending because 'Broncos are open to Folau returning'.

Kevvie just no comment the question and move on otherwise it'll end up being the same as the dragons copped when they tried to sign him... hell they tried to do it behind closed doors and still got slammed in the media

You have to remember at the time of Kennedy's signing Seibs would tell anyone who would listen that Brisbane couldn't announce any signings until they got under the cap. So when they announced Jaydn Su'A had been released to Souths in exchange for Rhys Kennedy it was done to offset Jaydn's value.

I don't think Seibs rated Kennedy at that point in time as anything more than a fringe forward. This was manifested in his selections and interchange usages where Rhys was never guaranteed a spot in the starting 17 and even when he was selected he barely got any time on the field.

That was true of a lot of signings Seibs made in players like Kennar, Arthars, Hopoate, Petterson-Robati etc. Cheap signings who could fill out the roster who understood his methods and could help flesh his system out.

With uncertainty over COVID and an overall lack of interest I could easily see Kennedy accepting another cheap extension just to continue working his dream job. It's certainly better than the alternative for him where he was working two jobs on top of studying for an undergraduates degree. I would also be keen to know how secure that second year is considering there were reports that he along with several players were put on notice.

Regardless I thought I would just clear it up since it had spilled over from General Discussion. The discussion in general was just based on assumptions and a light hearted attempt at figuring out the Broncos cap situation.
I agree he was fringe when signed by Seeplod. He signed for a season and a half. That meant to the end of 20. He finished season 20 as starting prop , rounds 14-18 until suspended, injured? for the final two matches.

After that, season 21 he became KW's and the Broncos call. He may have started fringe but whatever wage he receives now has nothing to do with Seeplod. So, KW and the Broncos offered Kennedy a two year deal. It must be better than bottom dollar otherwise he'd have been offered just the one year. Two years indicates the player is seen as 'part of the plan going forward' yes? Or do you want to argue that too? That to me says, not bottom dollar. Two years says, we want you here, we value you. We didn't have so much money we could pay for players we didn't need for the next two years, just in case.

Sigh.... que oversensationalised commentary from the NSWRL that the world is ending because 'Broncos are open to Folau returning'.

Kevvie just no comment the question and move on otherwise it'll end up being the same as the dragons copped when they tried to sign him... hell they tried to do it behind closed doors and still got slammed in the media
Broncos are owned by news limited. Wonder if they pounded Dragons for it because they wanted Folau at their own club. Never know what Murdoch's up to. Will be interesting if there is a lot less bad press about it for the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • Spooky1013
  • RolledOates
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • Old Mate
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.