Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos are owned by news limited. Wonder if they pounded Dragons for it because they wanted Folau at their own club. Never know what Murdoch's up to. Will be interesting if there is a lot less bad press about it for the Broncos.
I just cant see the NSWRL media going easy on us when it's sitting right their ripe for the picking.

They'll probably just grab a previous article they've done, slap a new headline on it and update the quotes for instant clicks across all their platforms.

It's too easy a target for the level of clicks it generates

Seibold didn't sign him for three years. A player 'like Kennedy', what's that's supposed to mean? He signed in 2019 during the season for up till the end of 2020. KW and the Broncos chose to re-sign him for 21 and beyond. He's on whatever those idiots decided he was worth. Seibold has nothing to do with it. Hard to believe you believe he's only worth 100k.

I have no idea what he’s on. I have previously said that he’s been good this year and if he is on a fringe player contract than he’s good value for money. I just meant Seibold gave Croft (who some could say is a halves version of a Kennedy type) ~$400k contract, so I’m not confident that he signed on with a good value contract.

KW and the broncos also gave Flegler a disgusting amount of money so I don’t trust them either.

I agree he was fringe when signed by Seeplod. He signed for a season and a half. That meant to the end of 20. He finished season 20 as starting prop , rounds 14-18 until suspended, injured? for the final two matches.

After that, season 21 he became KW's and the Broncos call. He may have started fringe but whatever wage he receives now has nothing to do with Seeplod. So, KW and the Broncos offered Kennedy a two year deal. It must be better than bottom dollar otherwise he'd have been offered just the one year. Two years indicates the player is seen as 'part of the plan going forward' yes? Or do you want to argue that too? That to me says, not bottom dollar. Two years says, we want you here, we value you. We didn't have so much money we could pay for players we didn't need for the next two years, just in case.
Kennedy was suspended for a week and couldn't reclaim his spot in the team for the final round. The only reason he started was due to the amount of unavailabilities in the front row.

Also I'm not sure if Walters re-signed Kennedy or whether the deal was sorted earlier in the season. It was only announced publicly on NRL.com in the official 24 man squad.

Dont see why we are being seriously linked with these guys personally...

Well past it former NRL wingers who will demand serious wedge...

And theres Nicho Hynes who was off contract end of 2020 season.......someone is asleep at the wheel clearly...

Kevvie's not worried about going to Hell. He's already passing through it.
There are worse things then hell, like aligning yourself with Clive Palmer

Download

Walters on whether he'd like to see Folau back in the NRL:

“I certainly would, I have no problem with him playing in the NRL. Most people have their own opinions on it and that’s mine. I’m fine with his comeback with Southport. Israel deserves his right to play rugby league. I’m sure the team he is playing at will get the benefits of Israel and what he brings to a footy club.”

“Not at this stage (signing with the Broncos), he is probably a bit underdone.

V’landys:

“Israel will be given due process as any other player would. Until an application is before us I can’t make a pre-judgment either way. At the moment, it’s all hypothetical because there is no application before us. A club has to lodge a contract and a player registration and no club has done that to date. That’s the way we do it for every other player and Israel will be treated exactly the same way.”

McHunt

Kennedy was suspended for a week and couldn't reclaim his spot in the team for the final round. The only reason he started was due to the amount of unavailabilities in the front row.

Also I'm not sure if Walters re-signed Kennedy or whether the deal was sorted earlier in the season. It was only announced publicly on NRL.com in the official 24 man squad.
You think Kennedy was possibly signed for longer in Seeplods final season when he was a dead man walking? As you know we had a caretaker coach towards the end and prior to that for several weeks Seeplod was effectively a lame duck. Do you really think he was signing Kennedy for not just the next season 21 but the season after in 22? He wasn't even sure he was getting through 2020!!

That just doesn't make sense, does it? No, what makes sense is KW came in, said EVERYONE is on notice, a few journalists went through our list and came up with a bunch of names they thought most vulnerable and accordingly fringe players are first on any such lists and so Kennedy appeared there, next KW spoke with them all, reviewed footage, spoke with a few trusted voices and got down to business. What followed seems typical, training and instruction followed by observation and conclusions reached concerning each player.

All that makes sense, yes? I'd say KW liked what he saw and informed the club, these are my picks. I'd say Kennedy was then signed on a modest contract for two years. To me that's a show of faith. I could be wrong but that's my reasoning for thinking he is probably on 400-450 in total for the two years.

I come to this thread for the occasional Broncos signing news, but I stay for the endless discussion of Rhys Kennedy's contract value....
This is the football season, it's football related, you're not obliged to read every post in every thread, the discussion is not endless but opinions do vary. If you want to see an endless discussion type in Milford. Did you not read the heading of the thread? It's about Roster, Signings(News) and Discussion. Note the word 'discussion'.

Why is that a problem to you? Whingeing for the sake of whingeing.

Well you know how much I love a list! So if we offload Oates then (easier said than done I know), you'd imagine there would still be enough for Hynes and Hodgson. I do look forward to the list though because I just cannot see how we have so little left. Who is still on a ridiculous wage that we don't know about?
Assuming Milford Gone and Glenn retired. Also assuming some rough values and that we keep the same depth players in the T30. Theres probably a few depth guys that are on less, but its still tight. I realise guys like Kelly and Mead etc might not be here, but just assuming on current dollars.

Kelly
150​
Croft
350​
Oates
500​
Paix
120​
Copely
200​
Mead
250​
Herbie
400​
Isaako
400​
Arthars
200​
Staggs
600​
Kennar
150​
Niu
200​
Reynolds
700​
Gamble
250​
Teo
120​
Piakura
400​
Levi
150​
Bullemor
250​
Turpin
300​
Asiata
250​
Riki
400​
Palasia
150​
Hetherington
300​
Lodge
650​
Carrigan
450​
Haas
500​
Kennedy
150​
Robati
120​
TPJ
600​
Flegler
600​
9.860Mil​

Assuming Milford Gone and Glenn retired. Also assuming some rough values and that we keep the same depth players in the T30. Theres probably a few depth guys that are on less, but its still tight.

Kelly
150​
Croft
350​
Oates
500​
Paix
120​
Copely
200​
Mead
250​
Herbie
400​
Isaako
400​
Arthars
200​
Staggs
600​
Kennar
150​
Niu
200​
Reynolds
700​
Gamble
250​
Teo
120​
Piakura
400​
Levi
150​
Bullemor
250​
Turpin
300​
Asiata
250​
Riki
400​
Palasia
150​
Hetherington
300​
Lodge
650​
Carrigan
450​
Haas
500​
Kennedy
150​
Robati
120​
TPJ
600​
Flegler
600​
9.860Mil​
Shit that flegler contract is ridiculous.

Payton has improved the cows far more than Kev has improved the broncos.
Yeah but our spine is a shit show... there’s is semi respectable plus they got a barnstorming lock... still believe the roots of our team are better... you swap our spines and we’d be winning a lot more games than they would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Gaz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Donald Garner
  • HVbronco
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • NSW stables
  • leish107
  • Totally Unr3al
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.