Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Young kid” “kid”

Billy’s about 4 years off retirement. Is he the next young Matt Moylon?

Moylan played Origin and finals football at least. Point taken though.

I could not resist, I had to respond to this:

1. Firstly, I feel like I am watching the tennis again, anyway, 6-6, Huge to serve first in the tiebreak.
2. Do you have photos of the CEO's sister, asking for a friend.
3. `But I cannot believe the Broncos would be so monumentally stupid', let's review some recent history:
A. Broncos management create scenario where there is a falling out with arguably one of the most successful coaches in the game.
B. Broncos stuff up signing the other most successful coach in recent history.
C. Broncos instead sign up a rookie coach who thinks he knows it all.
D. Broncos sign said rookie coach for 5 years.
E. Broncos R&R team along with said rookie coach proceed to get rid of experienced players in favour of a bunch of kids.
F. Broncos R&R team and the old rookie coach manage to make a total clusterfuck out of signing what appears to be a generational talented half back (a position we desperately need such a talent for).
G. Broncos sack first rookie coach 18 months into the 5 years contract with a million plus payout. Happy days for Seibold, the Broncos not so much.
H. Broncos win first ever wooden spoon on the back of stellar management and coaching decision making.
I. The Broncos R&R team and the new rookie coach allow a highly talented fullback (another position we desperately need) to sign with a rival club.
J. The Broncos and the new rookie coach allow the highly talented fullback to leave mid-season and royally stuff up a swap deal such that we get nothing in return.

Do you want to revisit your comment?

4. Last bolded - that is sounding rather creepy, in a Cathy Bates, Misery sort of way. You really are Kennedy's `greatest fan'. I will await the headline `Broncos player found bound in greatest fan's latex room' - Badel exclusive - with photos of said latex room and handcuffs.

For those playing at home:
Kennedy = The new and improved Danny Nutley Vers. 1
Isaako = The new and improved Danny Nutley Vers. 2
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Great post. I should have qualified my statement. In reality I would have been better saying 'even the Broncos wouldn't be so stupid as to pay Kennedy so little whilstever they are relying on him to spell Lodge each game' .

I didn’t even know Brimson was off contract nor was it reported anywhere. Did other clubs fly in and try to offer him boats and hoes?

Was set to hit the free market in November but obviously the Titans got in early.

You could be right and to be honest, I am not arguing with you AT ALL that he is worth more currently but the fact of the matter remains that I am going by reports and yes, I am making assumptions but so are you and given the reports are what I am going off, you are making MORE assumptions than me. The fact of the matter remains, whether he is worth more or not, he reportedly is currently on a bargain basement deal, so you seem to be arguing a point based on assumptions.

This whole discussion is just weird. You seem to be trying to make some sort of point against my statements by using more assumptions than me.

To paraphrase Animal Farm, everyone's assumptions are equal, but some people's assumptions are more equal than others.

I'm not entirely sure it would cheap to find a 40 minute prop but a 25 minute prop like Rhys Kennedy whom you are describing are a dime a dozen in the QCup.
Really, 25 mins? So, avoiding the question I asked. He is playing 30 mins a game and we weren't discussing the ISC. I asked how many props playing in the NRL. Are they a dime a dozen? How many bench props being picked weekly are on 100k? Like you should be able to rattle off , oh say 12?

I could not resist, I had to respond to this:

1. Firstly, I feel like I am watching the tennis again, anyway, 6-6, Huge to serve first in the tiebreak.
2. Do you have photos of the CEO's sister, asking for a friend.
3. `But I cannot believe the Broncos would be so monumentally stupid', let's review some recent history:
A. Broncos management create scenario where there is a falling out with arguably one of the most successful coaches in the game.
B. Broncos stuff up signing the other most successful coach in recent history.
C. Broncos instead sign up a rookie coach who thinks he knows it all.
D. Broncos sign said rookie coach for 5 years.
E. Broncos R&R team along with said rookie coach proceed to get rid of experienced players in favour of a bunch of kids.
F. Broncos R&R team and the old rookie coach manage to make a total clusterfuck out of signing what appears to be a generational talented half back (a position we desperately need such a talent for).
G. Broncos sack first rookie coach 18 months into the 5 years contract with a million plus payout. Happy days for Seibold, the Broncos not so much.
H. Broncos win first ever wooden spoon on the back of stellar management and coaching decision making.
I. The Broncos R&R team and the new rookie coach allow a highly talented fullback (another position we desperately need) to sign with a rival club.
J. The Broncos and the new rookie coach allow the highly talented fullback to leave mid-season and royally stuff up a swap deal such that we get nothing in return.

Do you want to revisit your comment?

4. Last bolded - that is sounding rather creepy, in a Cathy Bates, Misery sort of way. You really are Kennedy's `greatest fan'. I will await the headline `Broncos player found bound in greatest fan's latex room' - Badel exclusive - with photos of said latex room and handcuffs.

For those playing at home:
Kennedy = The new and improved Danny Nutley Vers. 1
Isaako = The new and improved Danny Nutley Vers. 2
So, was I right about Nutley? My goat moment. I'll be proven correct about Isaako too and I think Kennedy has gone a long way to proving that unappreciated average players are vital. I just hated the weak and gutless calling moderately talented hard working guys, shit, useless and/or the worst player in the NRL.

Hard to argue with but did he have more to work with? Maybe not talent but not so battered mentally?
Maybe. Cows finished 13, 14, 14 in ‘18, ‘19, ‘20.

I guess you could say their loserness has been more gradual and therefor less traumatic?

Payton has improved the cows far more than Kev has improved the broncos.
Nah **** that noise... they've had a dream draw

Panthers away lost 24-nil (basically their hardest game to date and they got smoked)
Dragons at home lost 25-18
Titans at home lost 44-8
Sharks away lost 48-10
Wests away won 34-30
Dogs at home won 30-18
Raiders at home (when they turned to shit) won 26-24
Warriors away lost 24-20
Broncos at home won 19-18
Roosters at suncorp (with half their team out) lost 30-16

They're playing knights right now and struggling to put them away and then they've got warriors at home again next week

So they will have played 1 top 4 team in 12 rounds... Roosters are no longer top 4 given the injuries.

Even after that they have manly, sharks, knights and then finally rabbits in round 17... the second top 4 team they will play is in round 17!!

Not to mention that by round 12 they will have played 7 home games with two others in qld... so they've only had to leave the state 3 times.

The draw is making them look better than what they actually are

Nah **** that noise... they've had a dream draw

Panthers away lost 24-nil (basically their hardest game to date and they got smoked)
Dragons at home lost 25-18
Titans at home lost 44-8
Sharks away lost 48-10
Wests away won 34-30
Dogs at home won 30-18
Raiders at home (when they turned to shit) won 26-24
Warriors away lost 24-20
Broncos at home won 19-18
Rooster at suncorp (with half their team out) lost 30-16

They're playing knights right now and struggling to put them away and then they've got warriors at home again next week

So they will have played 1 top 4 team in 12 rounds... Roosters are no longer top 4 given the injuries.

Even after that they have manly, sharks, knights and then finally rabbits in round 17... the second top 4 team they will play is in round 17!!

Not to mention that by round 12 they will have played 7 home games with two others in qld... so they've only had to leave the state 3 times.

The draw is making them look better than what they actually are

I wasn’t even considering the score or ladder position. They look far better drilled. They can only play the opponents in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.