Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a scare monger article in the CM saying that we're in danger of losing next Latrell Mitchell (Cobbo) because of our pursuit of Hynes

• from Badel
  • 5 clubs are ramping up their interest
  • Dragons set to blow us out of the water with a lucrative offer
  • Cobbo is contracted until the end of 2022 and will be promoted to the NRL squad next season.
  • we are looking to extend Cobbo beyond next year, but Cobbo's management is waiting until our pursuit of Hynes is concluded.
  • Dragons scout Brian Edwards thinks Cobbo is the best backline talent he has seen in a decade
  • Hynes who is seeking a 3 year deal from us worth $1 million, will be a roadblock for Cobbo who want to be our long term fullback
  • says Cobbo may look elsewhere to advance his career if we sign Hynes
  • then the usual list of rookies we have lost over the last few years

I lieked this bit:

ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 20 at 15 49 08 Broncos in danger of losing next Latrell Mitchell

You could be right and to be honest, I am not arguing with you AT ALL that he is worth more currently but the fact of the matter remains that I am going by reports and yes, I am making assumptions but so are you and given the reports are what I am going off, you are making MORE assumptions than me. The fact of the matter remains, whether he is worth more or not, he reportedly is currently on a bargain basement deal, so you seem to be arguing a point based on assumptions.

This whole discussion is just weird. You seem to be trying to make some sort of point against my statements by using more assumptions than me.
It's a continuation from the 'Price is Right: Broncos 2022 edition' post which was openly based on assumptions to try and get an idea of the Broncos cap situation. I priced Kennedy at $100,000 since I was rounding down to the nearest six figure.

If somebody believes he's on high 100,000-low 200,000 I could see that.

Personally I hope it's towards the lower end because otherwise I fail to see the value in him as an NRL player.

Edwards used to be the Broncos; Griffin got him across to be the Dragons, Queensland eyes. This is absolutely possible. Edwards is involved in schools like Marsden and was also the Raiders Queensland scout before the Broncos.

That's how Beale got his deal this week, the Dragons want to increase their presence in Queensland.
He was made redundant during covid wasn't he?

Already an article about how if we sign Hynes we'll lose Cobbo - its a fucking stitch up.
How many kids these days walk into a fullback position without an outside back stint first, it's nonsense, given the kids frame though seems like a perfect Coates replacement.

I’m going to be honest I don’t want him if it means we lose Milford....

min before you all say but that’s what we did last time look how that turned out, this is different. We already lost Walsh look how shit that is, Milford looks a proper talent.

I’m going to be honest I don’t want him if it means we lose Milford
We already lost Milford, because we don't fucking want him, Johns was right there is no urgency in his body language he looks like he doesn't even want to play, the only thing that will save his career is a completely new team and environment nothing we can do to change it at this point.

Didn't CM post a story about Jayden Campbell 'tearing the Intrust Super Cup to shreds'. I guess with the news of the long term signing of AJ Brimson the Titans will be in danger of loosing Jayden as well right....
well using their theory that's what it should mean but not necessarily the case

We already lost Milford, because we don't fucking want him, Johns was right there is no urgency in his body language he looks like he doesn't even want to play, the only thing that will save his career is a completely new team and environment nothing we can do to change it at this point.
I’m talking about Milford not Milford, Milford!

A coincidence that one day after we stop using the codename a story goes up? I think not.
We should throw some bait out there, to see how long it takes for it to be picked up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Boss
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncoFan94
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.