Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of one of those horror scenes where the octopus just keeps grabbing everyone with another arm. Soon we'll all be consumed.

But not me! Kennedy is on 200k.
Bullshit, it's closer to 500k 😂

Its an average yearly calculation. Reports are all over the place, some being front ended, some just being a top up...not very clear.
$600 or not, the club offered it to him. Good on him for taking it and hopefully he fires up soon and repeats how good he went a year or two ago

No point whinging about his or Oates contracts; blame the club and move on

$600 or not, the club offered it to him. Good on him for taking it and hopefully he fires up soon and repeats how good he went a year or two ago

No point whinging about his or Oates contracts; blame the club and move on

Oh of course, we all rightly blame the club, a homeless guy sleeping on the street would have done better than our management over the last few years.

Oh of course, we all rightly blame the club, a homeless guy sleeping on the street would have done better than our management over the last few years.
Not in dispute - board sux

I think if Staggs had made a decision earlier we might have been able to keep Walsh but we were all in on Staggs and we didn't want to get in a bidding war with someone who hadn't played a game. Disappointed that he didn't wait until later in the season to sign with the Warriors as we might have seen him play and matched their offer. He looks like a good footballer though but we will get there as a team with a couple more signings.

Assuming Milford Gone and Glenn retired. Also assuming some rough values and that we keep the same depth players in the T30. Theres probably a few depth guys that are on less, but its still tight. I realise guys like Kelly and Mead etc might not be here, but just assuming on current dollars.

Kelly
150​
Croft
350​
Oates
500​
Paix
120​
Copely
200​
Mead
250​
Herbie
400​
Isaako
400​
Arthars
200​
Staggs
600​
Kennar
150​
Niu
200​
Reynolds
700​
Gamble
250​
Teo
120​
Piakura
400​
Levi
150​
Bullemor
250​
Turpin
300​
Asiata
250​
Riki
400​
Palasia
150​
Hetherington
300​
Lodge
650​
Carrigan
450​
Haas
500​
Kennedy
150​
Robati
120​
TPJ
600​
Flegler
600​
9.860Mil​
It would be interesting to compare this with our roster at the end of 2020/2021 pre season when we had Offa, bird, macca, the milf 1 million and throw in the fifta 800k and see where that put us.

Watch us sign Hynes then lose “Milford” the people running this club make me sick to my stomach.
I've got no problem with this. We can't overlook a guy who has already played NRL, very bloody well, for another hyped rookie. We sign Hynes, and tell "Milford" he can develop on the wing and transition to FB.
If a rookie with 0 games of NRL wants to leave because he isn't prepared to develop his game the way the coach wants, well, you know where the door is.

Watch us sign Hynes then lose “Milford” the people running this club make me sick to my stomach.
You see it’s idiots like you that run this club that have put us in this position... **** them... if they can’t stay patient **** them... we have to be good now none of this bullshit of choose the younger player cause he might be good in 5 years crap... cause in 5 years you’ll choose the next young player and it’s a waste of time.... we have got to make this team a winning team next year and rebuild from there... if they are incapable of waiting get lost... the day we can win is the day they will stay patient like players at teams like roosters and Storm... We can’t keep letting youngsters leaving us ruin us I’m sick of it... we’re in this mess cause we’re to scared to lose the next Cameron smith instead of putting the best possible team on the field next week or next year rather than 5 years time when they possibly live up to their potential... the best ‘Milford’ should be getting is winger cause he isn’t better than Hynes and at the moment he isn’t better than Isaako even so why do that just to keep the selfish bastard... It’s a team sport where everyone has roles and his roles is to wait his turn

so the big question is which clubs haven't been linked to Lodge by Hooper? ...

answer that question and you'll know what his story will be next week
Really torn on Lodge.

If i had any faith that the comp rules would stay the same then hes probably worth sacrificing.

While he can put a hit on and can make good yardage, in this era of football im unsure as to whether you can get value from his contract...

He can be a huge liability in defence, slow to get off tackles, slow to feet, slow to cover....any opposition with a decent hooker knows as soon as he's gassed, just keep sending hit up after hit up at him...

Does he play too long a stint? Does his coach not notice when he needs a rest and takes him off?

Is it all of the above?

However, move him on, who replaces him? Not Carrigan, not yet, he can be just as defensively suspect as Lodge can.

Maybe if we look at achievable targets, guys who are totally gettable then we replace him with Kurt Capwell, and play TPJ up front with Haas. Riki on the other edge and Gamble as a ball playing lock?

8Z1DXc2xZDv-aAz0VYDvNDiAkSMV5k9MYBw7sI3QX4vhfRqnG8_EyKjoOoc2QFJwhtuc_hrNcnXYQ0lqciQYKIH9Ct8XKBnrmh7VpQQIz-u9wtnC0Pr_9bN9aV_jrBmq3PD5N2XK

He looks to have gone up another level; clealry this is the confidence of playing for a unbeaten side. Check out the footwork he puts on here, plus a grubber too.

Talk about adding something totally lacking in our side...

TPJ with his damaging runs and offlaods on the right, Capewell equally good either side of the ruck...

And then you hear that Tevita might want out.....so probs forget everything i said here...:sook:

available next year and the way the rules are atm top 3 actor.

put brad williams at fullback you have yourself a top 4 spine

If we signed Walsh, "Milford" would walk out anyway by the sounds of it.

If a player can't back themselves to be first picked, they obviously aren't good enough to begin with. It's not like we have Billy Slater as our #1 fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • The True King
  • BRC088
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Howie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.