Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Ref can exercise discretion in a head high?????

Hynes MOTM.

Ennis asked for an update, Hynes replied "I'm waiting for a few offers to come to the table".

Hopefully it's BS and he's signed up but can't mention it. He's a really well spoken humble dude.

Hynes has the class about him, a lot like St George Darius Boyd. Hopefully doesn’t turn into 2018 Darius Boyd when he comes here 😂

What are peoples thoughts on the team when Glenn is available? I think as the captain he will be picked.

However Keenan played really well tonight.

Does Riki get knocked back.

Also, what are your thoughts on Asiata keeping a bench spot, he brought a new dynamic tonight.

Yeah this guy is definetly classy !

Tonight in Canberra he always did the good choice at the good moment, he knows exactly when he has to pass the ball, keep it, attack the line...and he is also a good kicker.
The maturity he show is impressive, he only played 21 games in his career.

He has speed, he's a good defender, sure under the kicking, smart and cheap...what we waiting for ??

What are peoples thoughts on the team when Glenn is available? I think as the captain he will be picked.

Also, what are your thoughts on Asiata keeping a bench spot, he brought a new dynamic tonight.
My thoughts are that he (Glenn) shouldn't be in the team.

Can we sign Hynes already ffs.

One thing working to our advantage is most teams have their fullbacks sorted.

We should be able to rule out the following teams as potential competitors for his signature (* possibly desperate enough to sign him as a 5/8);

Storm: Paps
Knights: Ponga
Tigers: Laurie *
Cowboys: Holmes
Roosters: Tedesco
Titans: Brimson *
Warriors: Walsh 😢
Manly: Trbojevic *
Panthers: Edwards (no cap space)
Rabbits: Mitchell
Eels: Gutho
Raiders: CNK

Dragons have Dufty but rumours have been around for a few years now that they aren’t sold on him so there’s potentially interest there.

Bulldogs definitely need him but from all reports JAC has been promised first crack at fullback and they need to spend money on the forwards. Could possibly want him to partner Burton.

Sharks need him the most out of the remaining options and will be getting desperate to improve their spine after missing out on Reynolds.

There is some chance that Titans or Tigers will throw money at him and find his position as an after thought.

Overall there isn’t huge competition and you’d think playing behind our pack and in a spine with Reynolds would be appealing. Though he is a Umina boy who’s lived in Sydney. Might want to be closer to home after spending a few years in Melbourne..

Can we sign Hynes already ffs.

One thing working to our advantage is most teams have their fullbacks sorted.

We should be able to rule out the following teams as potential competitors for his signature (* possibly desperate enough to sign him as a 5/8);

Storm: Paps
Knights: Ponga
Tigers: Laurie *
Cowboys: Holmes
Roosters: Tedesco
Titans: Brimson *
Warriors: Walsh 😢
Manly: Trbojevic *
Panthers: Edwards (no cap space)
Rabbits: Mitchell
Eels: Gutho
Raiders: CNK

Dragons have Dufty but rumours have been around for a few years now that they aren’t sold on him so there’s potentially interest there.

Bulldogs definitely need him but from all reports JAC has been promised first crack at fullback and they need to spend money on the forwards. Could possibly want him to partner Burton.

Sharks need him the most out of the remaining options and will be getting desperate to improve their spine after missing out on Reynolds.

There is some chance that Titans or Tigers will throw money at him and find his position as an after thought.

Overall there isn’t huge competition and you’d think playing behind our pack and in a spine with Reynolds would be appealing. Though he is a Umina boy who’s lived in Sydney. Might want to be closer to home after spending a few years in Melbourne..
Very good analysis mate, and agree.

Who knows that the cowboys are doing, half their team will be spine players soon.

Riki has been bog for a month or 2 now, he's got a great frame but he's got to get a lot better for mine

Yeah this guy is definetly classy !

Tonight in Canberra he always did the good choice at the good moment, he knows exactly when he has to pass the ball, keep it, attack the line...and he is also a good kicker.
The maturity he show is impressive, he only played 21 games in his career.

He has speed, he's a good defender, sure under the kicking, smart and cheap...what we waiting for ??

Trust me he has offers, there is no way a 2nd choice fullback who is carving up for Melbourne hasn't received offers or at least isn't in conversation with a few clubs.

It will be what Melbourne can do to keep him and I believe they will be doing everything they can to keep him but at full strength, he doesn't get a game in that team

At full strength in the coming weeks I would probably run with this.

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Staggs
4. Herbie
5. Arthars (dump Coates)
6. Kelly
7. Gamble
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Palasia
12. Tpj
13. Glenn
14. Asiata
15. Flegler
16. Bullemore
17. Kennedy

with this, you take Glenn off after 25 minutes and put Asiata on. Could put Riki in for Bullemore but I don’t think Riki deserves it. He’s been pretty garbage.

Riki has been bog for a month or 2 now, he's got a great frame but he's got to get a lot better for mine

Yeah, he's too inexperienced to be starting but the Fifita cash grab and Lexi's injury obviously meant his development has been fast tracked. He needs time in QCUP get his game at the level it needs to be. If we persist with him in NRL, should be off the bench.

I’m not sure how our cap for next year is looking, and we are already paying a fortune for forwards but gee Capewell is a good old fashioned footballer. It would be great to sneak him in under the cap somehow.

Reynolds, Hynes, Capewell, and a hooker would do wonders for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • thenry
  • Robboi_321
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.