Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t buy into that bullshit... we have cap for a player under 500k every day of the week, it’s more or less Hodgson we don’t have money for
Depends on who they are prioritizing. If Hodgson then we need some to go. If Hynes then you may be right we could move now.

Not too keen on signing Josh Hodgson. He's 31 turning 32 this year. His best days are over and it's only downhill from here on in.

I though Opacic had another up impressive game today in a well beaten side. He’s cut from the exact clothe as Jack Reed. Reliable honest hardworking centre. Probably can’t have both him and Lee in the team but if you really wanted to load the cap toward the spine without sacrificing what we have in the forwards you could do worse than 2 reliable cheapies in Oppa and Lee.

1. Hynes
2. Isaako
3. Opacic
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin/Hodgson/Smith

That’s very cheap but serviceable 1-5 and for the most part they are all very coachable players.

I'm just holding my breath to know what's going on with Hynes/Isaako/TPJ/Lodge/kapewell

I think this Hodgson stuff is more bullshit, not unlike the supposed Moses interest. Funny how they have the same manager... my bet is Isaac Moses is trying to orchistrate a move for Hodgson to Brisbane via a move of his other client lodge to the knights. Feels like Hodgson is being forced on us as part of the deal to move lodge on.

Wouldn’t mind betting that us releasing Dearden to the cowboys so they release Clifford to the knights would also be a sweetener for the knights to take on lodge mid season.

Wouldn’t mind betting that us releasing Dearden to the cowboys so they release Clifford to the knights would also be a sweetener for the knights to take on lodge mid season.

Sounds like something a dodgy manager would do but what is the benefit in all of that for us? I mean, I know we have made some mindnumbingly stupid decisions in recent years but there has to be some benefit in something monumentally stupid like that for us surely?

Sounds like something a dodgy manager would do but what is the benefit in all of that for us? I mean, I know we have made some mindnumbingly stupid decisions in recent years but there has to be some benefit in something monumentally stupid like that for us surely?
We want to move lodge on.

I though Opacic had another up impressive game today in a well beaten side. He’s cut from the exact clothe as Jack Reed. Reliable honest hardworking centre. Probably can’t have both him and Lee in the team but if you really wanted to load the cap toward the spine without sacrificing what we have in the forwards you could do worse than 2 reliable cheapies in Oppa and Lee.

1. Hynes
2. Isaako
3. Opacic
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin/Hodgson/Smith

That’s very cheap but serviceable 1-5 and for the most part they are all very coachable players.
If we went for him he would come back here for less than he is on now.

I think Rikis future this season depends on Piakura.

He is going to be brought into the first team. Does Kev see him as a bench forward only, or he wnats him to start etc...?

If Piakura starts (might be part of the pre-conditions to sign with us, who knows..?), then Rikis options are to the bench or ISC.

I do think Riki would benefit from the step down to work on a few areas of his game. Going to ISC isnt a detah sentence, Milf somehow went down to reggies then came back...

Not that it made a difference but you can see my point hopefully...

Truth be told they both should be ISC players but we dont possess the depth anymore...

Opacic, Mead, Copely, Oates.....too many old backline players there...

Who are you moving on to accomodate him...?

Also, those who are against Gamble playing at 13 for us...

Fulltime, you are probably correct, but as a bench option to cover lock-half i thik he can do a good job on a good contract for us.

I look at Newcastle earlier on this seaosn before injuries struck.

They ran Ponga and Mann on one side of the ruck in attack, and Pearce and Watson on the other...

Worked very well, defence always in 2 minds as Knights had 2 ball players either side.

I see Gamble as a very good clone of Watson.

That was my thinking when saying he can play 13.

Maybe if Lodge does go there Watsons the one coming back...who knows...? :xxxx:

Can Hetherington play that bench utility roll until he takes over? Is he that sort of player?

I think he's best at starting and second row, he's shown that over the last seven weeks at Souths. When Norths had him at hooker and then 6 he wasn't anywhere near as good as he's been this year.

He reads the play so well and the ball bounces for him because he gets around the field. You take it away if you make him go to hooker or have him off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.