Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riki has been bog for a month or 2 now, he's got a great frame but he's got to get a lot better for mine

Runs great lines and has speed. If he could catch the ball he'd be a star. Just needs to get his hands right. I think Kelly will give him better ball than Milf, keen to see how he goes playing next to him. That whole left edge could be lethal with good ball.

I'm going to throw this out there that with Reynolds and Hynes, if we get them, I'm not even sure we need a hooker. Don't get me wrong, we need to eventually replace Turps but I'm not entirely sure Hodgson is the right choice at his age, likely wanted wage and being on the decline seemingly. B.Smith will cost a fortune and I am still not sold on him at all. Grant is the only one I would be going for that might be gettable but he isn't for another year, so I'd way and see what we can develop in the meantime. Paix looks to be coming good as well, so who knows.

I'm going to throw this out there that with Reynolds and Hynes, if we get them, I'm not even sure we need a hooker. Don't get me wrong, we need to eventually replace Turps but I'm not entirely sure Hodgson is the right choice at his age, likely wanted wage and being on the decline seemingly. B.Smith will cost a fortune and I am still not sold on him at all. Grant is the only one I would be going for that might be gettable but he isn't for another year, so I'd way and see what we can develop in the meantime. Paix looks to be coming good as well, so who knows.
I think Hodgson on a 2yr deal would be good for us. We still need some attack close to the goal line... getting Haas, TPJ, Bull, etc. 1v1 on the goal line for easy tries, and Hodgson does that well.

Reynolds is there for the game management and kicking... Hynes is there for structured backine movements, etc. but we would still need another threat to go with them given those two are very structured with their attack.

Hodgson can also double as a ball playing lock so he doesnt stifle development of Turps or Paix (whichever one he partners up with). He starts the game and then reverts to a ball playing lock role when the other one comes on.

He probably doesnt even see out a 2yr deal before heading back to England for a final pay day anyway... so I think he's pretty minimal risk over the next 2yrs given Harry isn't off contract anyway

Riki has been bog for a month or 2 now, he's got a great frame but he's got to get a lot better for mine
Like others have said, he's still very inexperienced and should've spent more time in qcup like all our rookies. If I remember correctly he played well for the Maori all stars and was one of our best during the first couple of rounds.

Can Hetherington play that bench utility roll until he takes over? Is he that sort of player?

IMO, he could absolutely play that role. played a bit of hooker, so could give Turps a rest (actually moved there yesterday when Turps was off for a HIA). and obviously can move into a backrow rotation when not required at hooker

I know a lot of us are very confident about getting Hynes but I am less and less confident by the week
I think we will get him but not sure we have cap space without moving players on. I believe Madge was here last week with a view to making something happen despite Broncs denials. Hynes said he is awaiting offers.

I think Hodgson on a 2yr deal would be good for us. We still need some attack close to the goal line... getting Haas, TPJ, Bull, etc. 1v1 on the goal line for easy tries, and Hodgson does that well.

Reynolds is there for the game management and kicking... Hynes is there for structured backine movements, etc. but we would still need another threat to go with them given those two are very structured with their attack.

Hodgson can also double as a ball playing lock so he doesnt stifle development of Turps or Paix (whichever one he partners up with). He starts the game and then reverts to a ball playing lock role when the other one comes on.

He probably doesnt even see out a 2yr deal before heading back to England for a final pay day anyway... so I think he's pretty minimal risk over the next 2yrs given Harry isn't off contract anyway

Fair points indeed. To me, it all comes down to how much he wants. I think Staggs obviously offers a lot in attack and if he fails, we'll likely still have Kelly, Gamble and the kids nipping at his heels who are all likely livewires, especially your mam based on today. I think Turps is fine for now and he will be getting good direction given to him by Reynolds and likely, Hynes.

I know a lot of us are very confident about getting Hynes but I am less and less confident by the week
When interviewed this morning big Sam Thaiday asked him if he had ever played with Reynolds. Hynes laughed and said no, but he would dearly love to be playing along side him. Take from that what you want. But I personally think if the Storm can't guarantee him a starting spot at 1 or 6 he'll be off.

Has there been any more new RE Isaako and TPJ following the Tigers 'Raid'

Reactions: 007
I think we will get him but not sure we have cap space without moving players on. I believe Madge was here last week with a view to making something happen despite Broncs denials. Hynes said he is awaiting offers.
Don’t buy into that bullshit... we have cap for a player under 500k every day of the week, it’s more or less Hodgson we don’t have money for

When interviewed this morning big Sam Thaiday asked him if he had ever played with Reynolds. Hynes laughed and said no, but he would dearly love to be playing along side him. Take from that what you want. But I personally think if the Storm can't guarantee him a starting spot at 1 or 6 he'll be off.
Where did you hear/see this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.