Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sneaking suspicion (and this will somehow make its way into the media of course) that the Sharks might go hard for Hynes. They are desperate to show that they haven't monumentally screwed up with getting Raw Bones in to coach and murdering Morris. Hynes isn't what they need but he is a big, sought after name.
I think they will retain one of Moylan or SJ to play 6 and then put a 7 next to whichever one signs on.

Kennedy has just re-signed so it looks like the 1 jersey is gone.

I'm not sure the sharks can risk an all or nothing play of Hynes at 7... especially if the Sharks are leaning towards Moylan over SJ, which for some reason they seem to be.

Making a play for Pearce or someone like that seems viable... noting that Clifford is heading to Newcastle this year/next, and I don't think the knights were all that keen to re-sign Pearce after his off season just gone. They only re-signed him for 1yr after taking the captaincy off him... that seems more like a last resort/desperation type of re-signing rather than a planned recruitment move

I can't see flegler being top tier because he looks lazy on the field. Not hungry enough.
I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling he likes to get the ball when in the attacking 20, but doesn't work hard in D to earn it.
No more perfect example than melbournes first try. Hynes off-loaded and flegler lets him go and literally starts walking, even though smith was only 2-4 metres from him!

I can't see flegler being top tier because he looks lazy on the field. Not hungry enough.
I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling he likes to get the ball when in the attacking 20, but doesn't work hard in D to earn it.
It can be fixed, but with guys like him it has to be ruthlessly drummed into them. I’m still surprised in his lapses though as he grew up on a banana farm....that is not an easy job. I don’t think he’s a lazy player, it just looks like he switches off, his attention to detail is lacking. A good coach would fix that. He’s got all the tools just needs fine tuning.

Broncos expect a reply to their offer to Hynes next week. Badel & Joel Gould say it's about $400k for three seasons. Fatty has another number in Dobbobux.

Cheese:

“Whether the Broncos get him or not he will be an asset to any club. What Nicho brings is a lot of good spirit. He is a really good guy to have around the club. He is what you call a poster boy."

“Mental health is a big thing for him and a big issue that he has faced before. He is the first person, if you are struggling, to go and have a conversation with because you know he has been through it all and he is always willing to help out."

“Regardless of football, having someone like that around the club is always good. He has mental health chats with us and gives presentations about all that stuff. As not only a footballer, he is someone that you want around as a friend.”

Bellamy:

“We really want to keep him without a doubt. We think he is a very talented player and he is a popular guy around the group. It all depends on what Nicho wants out of his footy career at this time and next year. We have a position in our cap where we can offer him a certain amount. Whether that is going to be enough, I’m not quite sure."

“The thing I didn’t seen in him was the number of involvements he’s having in these games, and he continues to do it week-in and week-out. Sometimes you might get a guy do it one week or two weeks in a row but he has been like that the last six weeks. I know he’s a talented player and he’s got a good head for the game and a good skill set.”

“It is hard for us to guarantee him a spot in the starting team. We can guarantee him a spot in the top 17.”

McHunt

No more perfect example than melbournes first try. Hynes off-loaded and flegler lets him go and literally starts walking, even though smith was only 2-4 metres from him!

I have my doubts on Flegler as well, but Finucane was standing in the line. I don’t think Smith gets through otherwise as Flegler probably didn’t expect him to run there with Finucane being there and would’ve effected a tackle earlier.. Would’ve been interesting also if Palasia(?)would’ve managed to hold on to Smith (even somewhat) as Flegler getting involved late kind of bumped him off the hand he hand on him

This, exactly. He just stops when he thinks the play is past him.

Hynes is just about the perfect signing for us. He has first crack at fullback with Staggs getting first crack at 6. If Staggs doesn’t work out at 6, move Hynes to 6 and Cobbo to fullback. With Staggs going back to centre.

I know herbie gets a lot of love here but his defence can be quite terrible at times. Hopefully he improves, otherwise he might need to spend time on the wing.

This, exactly. He just stops when he thinks the play is past him.
It’s the whole mentality of our team. The players only do something if the ball is in their hands, very few decoy runs or support runs. Similar in defence, if they run right at them they will try and tackle but if they are dancing around or running sideways we watch

I think they will retain one of Moylan or SJ to play 6 and then put a 7 next to whichever one signs on.

Kennedy has just re-signed so it looks like the 1 jersey is gone.

I'm not sure the sharks can risk an all or nothing play of Hynes at 7... especially if the Sharks are leaning towards Moylan over SJ, which for some reason they seem to be.

Making a play for Pearce or someone like that seems viable... noting that Clifford is heading to Newcastle this year/next, and I don't think the knights were all that keen to re-sign Pearce after his off season just gone. They only re-signed him for 1yr after taking the captaincy off him... that seems more like a last resort/desperation type of re-signing rather than a planned recruitment move
If they kept Johnson and went after someone like Kurt Mann who won’t be starting or use Trindall. Last option is Pearce but I doubt the Knights will throw him away unless they believe they have left their premiership window and want him off their books

Why are so many resigned that Brisbane will have a shit system forever. Are the Storm the only ones who are allowed to have a "good system". Faulty thinking. Has been great before, will be great again.
Yeah in my opinion we are a fullback and self belief away from being back up the top. Look at our side next year. Not to many teams can go from our position to easy top 4-8 with a few signings

Yeah in my opinion we are a fullback and self belief away from being back up the top. Look at our side next year. Not to many teams can go from our position to easy top 4-8 with a few signings

And despite all the gun kids we’ve lost / messed up, we still have more coming through. I’m excited about what’s already occurred under new management and I think that as long as Morris and Lockyer stay out of Donuts’ way, we are definitely already on the up.

And so ends the Dearden experiment.

Anyone know if we are getting anything back / front-loading an already signed player? I saw Cobbo was put on an upgraded deal, so wonder if part of Dearden’s money goes to him.

Also, does this mean Dearden will be starting halfback for the Cows next weekend??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • marw
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bronx48
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Yem
  • Volvo Driver
  • Justwin
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.