Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
We have a Morris at our head, perhaps that's the problem.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Where does everyone think Josh Hodgson will end up?

Seems inevitable he will be on the way out at seasons end.

For those ITK around our club, are we seriously chasing a 9 as well? (Not saying I necessarily think we should go for Hodgson over B Smith or anything just curious).

I want to be confident about next year, but let's say we do sign Hynes and a 9, and Staggs plays 6. Thats a completely new spine that will take time to gel, as well as any other new spots like centre with Brenko where combinations need to be built.

Just some Saturday night mullings with the Raiders game in the background...

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Also, surely big red is sick of living in Canberra by now. 🤪

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

For those ITK around our club, are we seriously chasing a 9 as well? (Not saying I necessarily think we should go for Hodgson over B Smith or anything just curious).

I want to be confident about next year, but let's say we do sign Hynes and a 9, and Staggs plays 6. Thats a completely new spine that will take time to gel, as well as any other new spots like centre with Brenko where combinations need to be built.

Would love to pick up Hodgson and Kris.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I agree with all this Hodgson stuff but he is the last piece of the puzzle in my opinion... go after Hynes before Hodgson
I think we’re going for both.

I think we have enough for Hynes, but we need to offload Lodge for Hodgson

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We need to focus on a hooker before we focus on a fullback.

Turpin is just not progressing, in fact he's going backwards. We need to fix that part of our spine before we even bother with a fullback. Hooker is a very important position. If the rest of the spine are getting shit service then it's only going to put us under pressure and Turpin is very up and down in that department.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I’ll be honest I’ve never wanted him neither have I put much focus on him but Opacic is possibly putting up one of the shittest defensive performances I have ever seen and you all fucken wanted the clown for his defense

Thats just rubbish. He did 2 bad misses, and they were shockers, but Fergo was the main cause of Parras right side troubles. Anyone with any kind of a sense for the game can clearly see the defence of the eels was supposed to be sliding and Fergo pretty much every time ignored it and jammed in. He does it every week. You would really have to put a fair bit of blame at the feet of Brad Arthar. He switches the centers around at the last minute so there would have been very little time for them to work on their defensive combinations.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

The spine shuffles every 2 weeks as it is. At least signing all those players would be shuffling in good players.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We need to focus on a hooker before we focus on a fullback.

Turpin is just not progressing, in fact he's going backwards. We need to fix that part of our spine before we even bother with a fullback. Hooker is a very important position. If the rest of the spine are getting shit service then it's only going to put us under pressure and Turpin is very up and down in that department.
I feel you could really see what a Hodgson type of hooker can bring.

I think he had 2 try assists and a try... the try was just him backing up through the middle, but the try assists were all about his forwards knowing where to be and then him picking the right pass... imagine what he could do with Haas and TPJ.

Outside of the 10m zone he also had the forwards humming over periods as he was getting out of dummy half and committing defenders.

I thought he may have overplayed his hand a little too much in the attacking zone, because it felt like Wighton got no ball... but it may have been coaching to send everything right and attack the roosters left side, and specifically Lam. Although for 95% of the week Sam Walker was playing so you would think raiders would've focussed on sending a lot of traffic left at Walker after what TPJ did to him.

It may have also been about Hodgson trying to put himself in the shop window to get out of the ACT.

Whilst Hodgson may take over too much at the raiders, I think the broncos could really do with that right about now.

We have Reynolds coming next year, but we need focal points of our attack. Staggs at 6 is a runner so he will need men inside him doing the work to give him space.

We hope to get Hynes, but he's a pretty structured ball player or at least he likes to play off the back of structure and exploit defensive mistakes on the back of it.

Having a hooker that can create opportunities brings another point of attack for the defenders to try and cope with. He's not a runner, but he has that 1-2 steps that you want from a dummy half that keeps the ruck defenders occupied and stalls the defensive line speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.