Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the way to go about it imo. We arent even playing hardball with these other clubs. Both in the short term and probably the long term if the structure off the field doesnt change its going to hurt us.

Its not like we are clearing these blokes out to improve the side. It would be a different story if we were. With Joffa and Lodge still here, we are probably going to see our forwards being

8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 TPJ
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Flegler
16 Joffa
17 Bullemor/Riki

Lose Joffa and Lodge, we are all of a sudden throwing more rookies in ( Bullemor/Riki/Palasia ) which would leave us with a forward pack of

8 Flegler
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 TPJ
13 Carrigan

14 Macca
15 Kennedy
16 Bullemor
17 Riki

Thats not great, its a weak bench. The only forward we may recruit is probably Asiata. It still leaves us in a poor position. If Kevvie is going to back his coaching ability, he should be aiming to get Lodge fit and firing, unlike this year, and Joffa back to his best. That would leave us in a better position than paying other clubs to take our players.
Posted this elsewhere today. This is a forward pack of players that are off contract after 2021 that I think would fit into the Broncos

8. Dylan Napa
9. Jazz Tevaga
10. Francis Molo
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Darryn Schonig
17. Thomas Mikeale

I'd take any one from this list at the right price.

Last edited:
Sorry mate. I forgot that sick dad and sick wife is an excuse while we shit on someone who has depression and wanted to kill himself for years for saying “it’s just a game” in the context of his life. This place is so hypocritical. *****
Dead father, that he left the team to spend his final moments with before he passed.

but yeah it's nothing at all, isaako should just sack the **** up.

Dead father, that he left the team to spend his final moments with before he passed.

but yeah it's nothing at all, isaako should just sack the **** up.
Nobody said that though. I said it would be a fine excuse if he could catch and stay on his wing before that situation, which nobody wants to hear because it’s way more fun to spin it.

Except their form was similar, if not worse before those situations. Which none of you geniuses are taking into account whilst trying to paint me into a corner.

Isaako was one of our best in 2018, Ofa played for QLD last year.

They have both been dealing with these issues for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. What a dumb point of view you are tossing up.

Sorry mate. I forgot that sick dad and sick wife is an excuse while we shit on someone who has depression and wanted to kill himself for years for saying “it’s just a game” in the context of his life. This place is so hypocritical. *****

Once again you're having an argument with a point of view that just doesn't exist. You seem to be under the impression that people on this forum are wholesale writing off Isaako & Ofahengaue's form because of their personal battles... no? I haven't seen a single person on here do that, all I've seen is people showing empathy for their situations and saying that their situations certainly may have contributed to their lack of concentration and form on the field - and also perhaps their lack of growth as players off the field.

I've never been in a situation where a parent or spouse has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, so I can't comment on how it would affect my motivation, concentration or work ethic at footy training... But I can certainly assume it wouldn't improve it...

Once again you're having an argument with a point of view that just doesn't exist. You seem to be under the impression that people on this forum are wholesale writing off Isaako & Ofahengaue's form because of their personal battles... no? I haven't seen a single person on here do that, all I've seen is people showing empathy for their situations and saying that their situations certainly may have contributed to their lack of concentration and form on the field - and also perhaps their lack of growth as players off the field.

I've never been in a situation where a parent or spouse has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, so I can't comment on how it would affect my motivation, concentration or work ethic at footy training... But I can certainly assume it wouldn't improve it...
And you’re arguing with a point that I didn’t make either. Just because I didn’t begin my sentence with “this situation sucks” or something along those lines does not mean I’m not empathetic. It’s being blown up by the usual suspects to be something it’s not. Nobody is arguing the point I made, instead attempting to spin it. It’s dishonest but what else would I expect from those people?

Because comprehension isn’t popular on here I’ll put it in a very easy to read sentence. Maybe two.

Isaako couldn’t catch, ever and often came off his wing and Ofahengaue has always given away dumb penalties. They both have always put us under way too much pressure and have been massive reasons for our shit form, even before Seibold arrives and their situations occurred. It’s that simple.

I think Isaako has always tried his hardest to perform for the club.

I cannot say the same about Ofahengaue.

I would actually love to keep Isaako and get him playing to his full potential. Hope Kev feels the same way.

And you’re arguing with a point that I didn’t make either. Just because I didn’t begin my sentence with “this situation sucks” or something along those lines does not mean I’m not empathetic. It’s being blown up by the usual suspects to be something it’s not. Nobody is arguing the point I made, instead attempting to spin it. It’s dishonest but what else would I expect from those people?

Because comprehension isn’t popular on here I’ll put it in a very easy to read sentence. Maybe two.

Isaako couldn’t catch, ever and often came off his wing and Ofahengaue has always given away dumb penalties. They both have always put us under way too much pressure and have been massive reasons for our shit form, even before Seibold arrives and their situations occurred. It’s that simple.

Remarkable, they had flaws in their game previously, and those flaws didn't miraculously disappear when their close family members were diagnosed with cancer. Astute observation that one, Cult3.

Nobody is talking about the holes in their game, they're talking about their overall form falling away, which coincides with their off-field problems. Isaako & Ofahengaue were clearly playing better football before the last year and a bit, regardless of the deficiencies in their game.

I just saw a video interviewing Isaako. Apparently he's been trying in the off-season to get into shape for the pre season whilst quarantined down in NZ.
Can't really speak to his actual fitness (though I would be happy to hear from other who watch the pre-season training sessions) but he looked good and sounded positive.
I might be a little optimistic but Ive though theres a handy footballer in there for us, with the right coaching.

I just saw a video interviewing Isaako. Apparently he's been trying in the off-season to get into shape for the pre season whilst quarantined down in NZ.
Can't really speak to his actual fitness (though I would be happy to hear from other who watch the pre-season training sessions) but he looked good and sounded positive.
I might be a little optimistic but Ive though theres a handy footballer in there for us, with the right coaching.
Mate I've always believed Isaako has copped it rough here. Chuck him in at centre to replace Staggs while he is out with that ACL injury. Most of people's problems with Isaako stems from him dropping a few high balls in a few games.. Not a big deal.

Has everyone forgotten the times where we would be awarded a penalty, choose to kick for touch and Milford would be holding the ball and looking for Isaako to kick it. Isaako is a leader, we've just never credited him as one.

GO ISAAKO

It is the Mole so take it with a grain of salt until the club bid him farewell

the mole says he is on nearly $1 million a season here also ...

the vast majority of reports have him oh 650k - 700k max ... i.e. no where near $1 million

Posted this elsewhere today. This is a forward pack of players that are off contract after 2021 that I think would fit into the Broncos

8. Dylan Napa
9. Jazz Tevaga
10. Francis Molo
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Darryn Schonig
17. Thomas Mikeale

I'd take any one from this list at the right price.

bottom 8 forward pack at best

bottom 8 forward pack at best
No no.. You're missing the point.

I'm not saying that's a forward pack we want. It's just a forward pack made up of players that we could sign. Pick one, or two, or three. Don't care. But there are some good forwards in there.

Last edited:
If the roster movement occurs, I am actually quite excited to see a bit more of bullemore. He is a big body with speed and could be a real asset if he hits the line quickly and finds his front. He displayed some positive signs in his limited minutes. He was often supporting runners, including after line breaks and showed that he can break the line with speed (when he broke the line from the kick off).

If we can get turpin coming out from dummy half and engaging the markers (to stop them picking off our forwards) it will really help our go forward. I have noticed this is something calum gahan does pretty well, not sure what kobe hetherington is like.

Regards to drinkwater, he had 19 try assists and 6 of his own last year which isnt too shabby. However there was an article on the cowboys site that he sees himself more as a 6 (even though he seems to play better at 1). I also dont think the cowboys will let him go.

Last edited:
DT article just now saying we could lose promising backrower Brendan Piakura to either the Bulldogs, Roosters or Storm (bulldogs leading the race for his signature apparently). He is said to have a ton of potential and we risk losing him due to our over-supply of backrowers. Apparently he is meeting Bellamy on the coast next week.

Would be a shame to see him leave.
There's an oversupply of back rowers?
There's Glenn who is about to retire, TPJ who may or may not be used in the middle, Riki who has played like 3 games and only about 1 impressive one...who else? Oates, who has been playing on the wing for most of his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.