Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an oversupply of back rowers?
There's Glenn who is about to retire, TPJ who may or may not be used in the middle, Riki who has played like 3 games and only about 1 impressive one...who else? Oates, who has been playing on the wing for most of his career?
The list in the article contained Tevita Pangai, Jordan Riki, Patrick Carrigan, Alex Glenn, Ben Te’o, Corey Oates and Keenan Palasia.

DT article just now saying we could lose promising backrower Brendan Piakura to either the Bulldogs, Roosters or Storm (bulldogs leading the race for his signature apparently amongst the 8 clubs chasing him). He is said to have a ton of potential and we risk losing him due to our over-supply of backrowers. Apparently he is meeting Bellamy on the coast next week.

Would be a shame to see him leave. Hopefully Kev can convince him to stay and reassure him he is in our plans.
Bloody hell

The list in the article contained Tevita Pangai, Jordan Riki, Patrick Carrigan, Alex Glenn, Ben Te’o, Corey Oates and Keenan Palasia.
That's the dumbest shit ever.

Pangai is a loose cannon. Riki has played 2 seconds. Glenn has one season left. Te'o probably won't even be here come Feb. Kennan Palasia is a Q Cup dude who fucked his knee last season, so I'm not even sure how he's considered. Carrigan is a prop.

I'm guessing they've just added in the line about too many backrowers because "I need a bit more filler to this article".

Last edited:
The only 2 that are actually valid is Pangai and Riki... he is already better than the rest of them... also Carrigan doesn’t really count cause if Piakura is playing soon it is in the second row

DT article just now saying we could lose promising backrower Brendan Piakura to either the Bulldogs, Roosters or Storm (bulldogs leading the race for his signature apparently amongst the 8 clubs chasing him). He is said to have a ton of potential and we risk losing him due to our over-supply of backrowers. Apparently he is meeting Bellamy on the coast next week.

Would be a shame to see him leave. Hopefully Kev can convince him to stay and reassure him he is in our plans.
Just further evidence that these mugs have absolutely no idea. He may be considering leaving, but to suggest the deciding factor would be due to our "depth" at second row?

What a drop kick.

Last edited:
Posted this elsewhere today. This is a forward pack of players that are off contract after 2021 that I think would fit into the Broncos

8. Dylan Napa
9. Jazz Tevaga
10. Francis Molo
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Darryn Schonig
17. Thomas Mikeale

I'd take any one from this list at the right price.

The only 2 there i'd look at are Molo and Su'a and neither would be cheap. Same with Capewell. Lui maybe is about the only one we could get at a decent price. Napa is useless unless he plays like a lunatic, and if he does that he is a bigger liability than Pangai. The rest are no better than what we have.

We are too fixated on bringing in game breakers or superstars instead of balancing the squad. We are desperate for blokes who are low maintainence, who just turn up, train hard, compete for every play in games and do the one percenters. Just good solid players to build a squad around and then develop or bring in the xfactor players once you have a good solid core. I've been saying it for years, now, we lack the workhorses to let the better players play. What we should have done was sign blokes like Tolman and Opacic for example on one year contracts ( like they have signed with their current clubs ). They do everything that i reckon we need. Yep, there are technically better players out there but being a better player doesnt mean you will be actually be better for certain instances. We need to start looking at other things like worth ethic and character as much as football ability.

Remarkable, they had flaws in their game previously, and those flaws didn't miraculously disappear when their close family members were diagnosed with cancer. Astute observation that one, Cult3.

Nobody is talking about the holes in their game, they're talking about their overall form falling away, which coincides with their off-field problems. Isaako & Ofahengaue were clearly playing better football before the last year and a bit, regardless of the deficiencies in their game.

I do think people are forgetting how well Joffa was playing before he got that leg injury in Origin. He was excellent. Things have fallen apart for him since then.

Issako i'm not sure i agree about. I dont think he was even that brilliant in his breakout season. He had his moments, but i think his kicking kept him in the side at times because it was so good.

Last edited:
Apparently Lodge is a done deal to the warriors...wonder how much we paying him to leave?

I do think people are forgetting how well Joffa was playing before he got that leg injury in Origin. He was excellent. Things have fallen apart for him since then.

Issako i'm not sure i agree about. I dont think he was even that brilliant in his breakout season. He had his moments, but i think his kicking kept him in the side at times because it was so good.

He was excellent, and his kicking was excellent as well.

Apparently Lodge is a done deal to the warriors...wonder how much we paying him to leave?

That's fucked.

if the mole is right, and that is a very big IF (although i suppose there is a first time for everything), we'd be paying nothing ... because he also says that Lodge is getting a pay rise at the Warriors

Because they are stupid and bad at their jobs?
They should just hire you, that would fix everything, you seem to have all the answers.
Moron.
The irony is, you are the exact same person who would be calling them bad at their jobs if they were not making changes.
Absolute cancer of a fan.

Last edited:
if the mole is right, and that is a very big IF (although i suppose there is a first time for everything), we'd be paying nothing ... because he also says that Lodge is getting a pay rise at the Warriors

We are probably paying for that 😂

They should just hire you, that would fix everything, you seem to have all the answers.
Moron.
The irony is, you are the exact same person who would be calling them bad at their jobs if they were not making changes.
Absolute cancer of a fan.
Wow.

We've got Lodge and Haas, as well as TPJ. Big boppas mate. They just need to play to their size and strength, Haas especially.

Sounds like lodge is leaving. In terms of genuine props, we have haas.. a 20 yr old who shouldn’t be carrying the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • achievedrap
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.