Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
It is slightly concerning tho that if it has taken Joe's money to get Asiata across the line WTF has happened to the dollars from Boyd/Fifita/Bird.

It is far more than slightly concerning, it is unbelievable that this could be the case.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
We only have 3 spots to fill. I feel like we’ve lost like 15 players in 2 years and replaced them with 3 of Seibolds mates from previous clubs. The drop from 30 to 28 seems to be fucking us too. Allan, Chambers and Asiata? In 2022 aim for Grant to replace Macca, Capewell to replace Glenn, a Milford replacement. I honestly don’t know where this club thinks it’s heading
It's still 30.

Otherwise the Warriors (30) and the Cowboys (29) are in for a rude awakening.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
It's still 30.

Otherwise the Warriors (30) and the Cowboys (29) are in for a rude awakening.
Did I imagine it? Entirely possible. Good news then. 5 spots available.

Corey Allan, Dane Gagai, Kurt Capewell, John Asiata and Harry Grant obviously.

Who we will sign- David Mead, Dale Copley, Ben Te’o, John Asiata on a massive contract and Isaak Luke.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane

Who we will sign- David Mead, Dale Copley, Ben Te’o, John Asiata on a massive contract and Isaak Luke.
There was a report back in early September that squads were going to be cut down to 28, but it was quickly dismissed a couple of days ago.

Hopefully with the Ofahengaue announcement out of the way, the Broncos can announce who they've signed for 2021 and 2022.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
One major positive from this is Alex Glenn’s little clique has been dismantled. Glenn, Hopoate, Ofahengaue and Kahu have been a major reason for the Broncos culture slip. Certain people like to blame others for saying “it’s just a game” out of context but the captain creating division within the squad was rubbing other players the wrong way. Less Instagram, more rugby league thanks guys.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain

Copley announced. And it begins

TimWhatley

BRL Player

Aren't Teo and Luke already in the top 30?

Locky's Left Boot

BRL Player
If we were not to get allan for full back, i am gathering that mead may be looked at for this position (given that he played a fair bit of it in england) in addition to our other options (nui, isaako). However, what are "people in the know" opinion of edene gebbie? He was released by the rabbits due to covid/getting mitchell. i dont get to watch qld cup
Gebbie is very talented but can be very lazy. He's back with the Hunters for next year. They'll be based in Brisbane for the 2021 season

theshed

Return of the Mac
We still desperately need a long term fullback but of a few signing rumours are true regarding Mead, Asiata, and maybe Chambers we have good competition for backline spots for next season and some experienced NRL players to keep the young guys honest. Possibly move Lodge on and get one more decent mid range second rower with experience and we should be mid table if Kev and his mates show any chops for coaching.

1. ?? (Farnworth/Isaako/Mead)
2. Farnworth/ Isaako / Mead
3. Copley
4. Chambers / Staggs
5. Coates / Kenner
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. Oates / Riki
17. Lodge

18. Paix
19. Kennedy
20. Bullimor
21. Niu

our forward depth is a bit worrying without another decent experienced player. Especially if Lodge is gone

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billd0856

Members online

Twitter