Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm pretty sure McGuire got an upgrade at cows but we've been helping with payments for the last couple years.

Broncos coming up with new ways to be rorted by the salary cap instead of the other way around

doesn't work that way.

we only have to carry part of his contract, if his new club offers less than his contract with us ... if the offer more, they pay full freight

doesn't work that way.

we only have to carry part of his contract, if his new club offers less than his contract with us ... if the offer more, they pay full freight
Well you couldn't loan players out for 12 months and bring them back either but we're doing that now.

I thought the same as you, but there was a pretty adamant indication that we're paying for a portion of it a few years back

Well you couldn't loan players out for 12 months and bring them back either but we're doing that now.

I thought the same as you, but there was a pretty adamant indication that we're paying for a portion of it a few years back

that rumour only surfaced at the end of 2020. there was never even a suggestion of it before hand.

P.s. you likely could loan players out previously, it's just that no club ever attempted it before. probably because as the Storm and Tigers found out, any loan player you receive must fit under your cap (at their current contract value)

even if we were carrying loading for Moose (which i doubt because the reports were that we released him to take up a better longer term deal than we were prepared to offer) ... he would have been off contract at the end of 2020 anyway, hence no more loading for 2021

We were paying for Moose. I'm not sure how long the agreement was for though.

that rumour only surfaced at the end of 2020. there was never even a suggestion of it before hand.

P.s. you likely could loan players out previously, it's just that no club ever attempted it before. probably because as the Storm and Tigers found out, any loan player you receive must fit under your cap (at their current contract value)
It's been around a lot longer than 2020... I mentioned at the end of 2020 that he signed until the end of 2021 because I thought we'd be done with paying at the end of last season.

Still an absolute joke that we released a player with 3 years left on their contract

Attachments

• 88F96530-C764-451B-B4BD-6B1559926CB0.jpeg
    88F96530-C764-451B-B4BD-6B1559926CB0.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 127

Back in May 2019
Technically, when any player moves they generally have to " ask " for a release because it's illegal to get tapped up. We kind of told Moose he wasn't wanted, so we are chipping in. How long that lasts I don't know, but we certainly are for this year and i have a feeling next year as well.

I'm happy to believe @Wolfie as he has a fair bit of insight with Redcliffe and has stated several times of speaking to players

Last edited:
You said he was excellent and his kicking was excellent as well. Dont ever remember Issako being excellent.

Well, he was no Patty, that's for sure. But his 2018 season was excellent.

Back in May 2019

I'm happy to believe @Wolfie as he has a fair bit of insight with Redcliffe and has stated several times of speaking to players

I'm running out of blokes i know at the Broncos these days. Now Joffa is going, I'm down to one!

I'm running out of blokes i know at the Broncos these days. Now Joffa is going, I'm down to one!
Running out of Reddie boys!!

You'll have the inside goss from warriors soon

Last edited:
If (and that is a big if as it is the mole) lodge goes, we still have a decent (not the best but decent) middle rotation albeit light on experience: hass, carrigan, flegler, TPJ, kennedy, bullemore (possibly asiata).

Particularly when our 2015 year our middles were parker, blair and thaiday (who were previously second rowers), and wallace, dodd and offa (who were all pretty inexperienced).

Would it be worth giving jordan grant a crack in the squad? He is older (26) but has experience playing in senior footy.

Last edited:
If (and that is a big if as it is the mole) lodge goes, we still have a decent middle rotation albeit light on experience: hass, carrigan, flegler, TPJ, kennedy, bullemore (possiblY asiata).

Would it be worth giving jordan grant a crack in the squad? He is older (26) but has experience playing in senior footy.
He signed with easts tigers so I think that he might be harder to obtain now that he is in the storms system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Bish
  • Accept
  • Allo
  • Behold
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.