Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a body blow. Sad to say, but we either under valued him, or Kevvie just doesnt have the pull to attract blokes like Hynes.
I guess we’ll find out but even as his loudest supporter here I’m glad we didn’t pay $600k.

The Shire is heaven to guys from Umina. Once I heard Sharks were involved I knew it was probably game over. A couple hours to his mates on the coast and a very similar lifestyle to what he grew up around.

Good on him, will be interesting to see how he goes.

I don’t even think we need a FB desperately. Isaako, Herbie, Staggs and a Cobbo can fight it out.
We don't really know how the last 3 will even go at fullback, they might be ordinary as hell...and we do know Isaako is definitely not the answer too.
Broncos definitely need a fullback, the spine in general is the biggest area that needs to be addressed.

Just saw the confirmation he signed for 3 years at Cronulla.
That sucks, he is exactly the sort of player we need.

Really need Staggs to click in that 6 role now.

Well worst case we can see what Dufty is made of this week, tbh now I don't think there is anything worth going for, Surely Kevvie has to try Herbie at Fullback now that hynes is out.

Would you have offered 600k? I think he's well overs. He's played 20 games and only really been a star in like 5 of them. He could go to another level outside of the Storm system and be a bargain but at 600k I think it's a big risk.

$600k probably not. $500k, maybe. I find it a bit difficult with some of these Storm players because certainly some thrive in their structures and systems and dont do so well elsewhere, so in that sense its a big risk. They did want to keep him, so i do think he has something about him.

I think for $500k for 3 years would have been a good deal. I think he is a player who is pretty solid at everything and would have given us a bit of stability in the fullback role. Other contenders like Dufty for example are brilliant in some areas and very ordinary in others. In all honesty, i think with the lack of quality on the market we would probably be better just sticking with Isaako for the near future.

I'd rather pick up good deals then overpay out of desperation. Reynolds at 750k is very good value. Hynes at 600k is probably overs because he's absolutely not a proven quantity outside of Melbourne.

Worst case we can shift Staggs to FB and Gamble can have another year at 5/8.
Signing staggs on $750k a year after a knee op to play a position he hasnt played NRL at is a much bigger risk. I would rather Hynes than Staggs. Hynes has smoked it even without Grant, Hughes and Munster in the team.

I'm a country boy and I've said multiple times you couldn't pay me enough to live in Sydney.

I think cost of living and lifestyle would be considered by anyone who has multiple job offers.

The shire is known to have both super trashy people and fake snobby people. Probably overstated.

I wonder if he is looking at premiership chances, I honestly think we are closer. I also wouldn't sign with a club that is in the headlines for the wrong reasons every 1 or 2 years.
Yes but the big issue with these arguments is that no one is talking about where you would rather live.

He’s 24 years old and from Umina. Umina is basically baby Cronulla. Exact same people and beaches except Cronulla has more too do. Living in Cronulla the traffic is no where near that bad, unless you are comparing it to some 1 pub town.

If you're curious at what a difference a good fullback makes to a bad team just look at the Cowboys this year with a fit and firing Holmes.

$600k probably not. $500k, maybe. I find it a bit difficult with some of these Storm players because certainly some thrive in their structures and systems and dont do so well elsewhere, so in that sense its a big risk. They did want to keep him, so i do think he has something about him.

I think for $500k for 3 years would have been a good deal. I think he is a player who is pretty solid at everything and would have given us a bit of stability in the fullback role. Other contenders like Dufty for example are brilliant in some areas and very ordinary in others. In all honesty, i think with the lack of quality on the market we would probably be better just sticking with Isaako for the near future.
If Dufty is unwanted I'd be all for giving him 400k X 2 years. We need another genuine attacking threat with the ball in hand.

Yes but the big issue with these arguments is that no one is talking about where you would rather live.

He’s 24 years old and from Umina. Umina is basically baby Cronulla. Exact same people and beaches except Cronulla has more too do. Living in Cronulla the traffic is no where near that bad, unless you are comparing it to some 1 pub town.
Most country towns have more than 1 pub haha, but yes I hate traffic and the majority of flogs in it.

Where’s he going to play for the sharks, six? Who is their half back for next year? Seems like a poor career choice on his behalf given how shit the sharks are looking heading into next season and having to move from 1 to 6 in a pretty terrible side. That said, we should have gone harder for him.
McInness and Hynes and potentially Finucane are good additions. Sharks to improve next year

Signing staggs on $750k a year after a knee op to play a position he hasnt played NRL at is a much bigger risk. I would rather Hynes than Staggs. Hynes has smoked it even without Grant, Hughes and Munster in the team.
Yeah against the Broncos, a 12 man Dragons and a fallen apart Raiders.

He's definitely no sure thing.

If Dufty is unwanted I'd be all for giving him 400k X 2 years. We need another genuine attacking threat with the ball in hand.
I really can’t articulate why but I just really don’t want Dufty in our team. I think now we pray Isaako learns to pass enough to hold the spot until Cobbo is ready, and focus on a hooker.

Im really out of ideas tbh. I hope Kev has some.

If you're curious at what a difference a good fullback makes to a bad team just look at the Cowboys this year with a fit and firing Holmes.
Look at Manly...

All the beast teams have the best fullbacks. The only top tier team that doesnt have a top tier fullback is Penrith, and thats because their whole team is stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.