Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Dufty is unwanted I'd be all for giving him 400k X 2 years. We need another genuine attacking threat with the ball in hand.

On that kind of money on a 2 year deal it would probably be appealing. I suppose they maybe have to weigh up who is on the market in the near future.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I really can’t articulate why but I just really don’t want Dufty in our team. I think now we pray Isaako learns to pass enough to hold the spot until Cobbo is ready, and focus on a hooker.

Im really out of ideas tbh. I hope Kev has some.
It's just just learn to pass, its learn to not be a lazy **** and actually be there in support. None of our players support. We won't make the 8 next year..

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It's just just learn to pass, its learn to not be a lazy **** and actually be there in support. None of our players support. We won't make the 8 next year..
Not much left for next year now. I guess we have to make do unless Hodgson comes.

I wouldn’t mind pantsing the Sharks and luring SJ to partner Reynolds and keep Staggs at centre

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I really can’t articulate why but I just really don’t want Dufty in our team. I think now we pray Isaako learns to pass enough to hold the spot until Cobbo is ready, and focus on a hooker.

Im really out of ideas tbh. I hope Kev has some.
I rate Dufty highly. He's an excellent support fullback, he's always there when a break is made, he follows through kicks, has a beast pass on him and is a genuine threat with ball in hand. I genuinely think he's world's better than Isaako.

If our spine next year is

1. Isaako
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin

Then I don't think we'll do much better than this year. Staggs, Turpin and Isaako create **** all, Reynolds is going to be running uphill to get this team going.

We desperately need another genuine attacking option in our spine that can create for players around him.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I rate Dufty highly. He's an excellent support fullback, he's always there when a break is made, he follows through kicks, has a beast pass on him and is a genuine threat with ball in hand. I genuinely think he's world's better than Isaako.

If our spine next year is

1. Isaako
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin

Then I don't think we'll do much better than this year. Staggs, Turpin and Isaako create **** all, Reynolds is going to be running uphill to get this team going.

We desperately need another genuine attacking option in our spine that can create for players around him.

Yeah I don’t disagree. I dunno what happens next. Wait until November and start throwing cash around at Manu or something.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
On that kind of money on a 2 year deal it would probably be appealing. I suppose they maybe have to weigh up who is on the market in the near future.
Grififn dosen't want him. I can't think of many other teams that need a fullback. Going through every other team, literally every team has a first choice settled fullback except us and the Bulldogs, but I believe the word is Addo-Carr will be fullback.

So we are literally his only choice if he wants to continue his NRL career as I can't see him succeeding in any position other than fullback.

I reckon we can use the circumstances to get a good deal.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
It’s going to be difficult to lure any big name spine players here in 2023 with the resources that Brisbane 2 will have on offer.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Losing out on Hynes just doubles down on the clusterfuck it was to lose Walsh the way we did. I think it is a huge setback on our rebuild. But in saying that, I think Sharks have paid overs.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Honestly now is the time to experiment at 1, this season is shit anyway we have real potential next year bringing in Reynolds, we need to try different players at 1 and see what works best.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Honestly now is the time to experiment at 1, this season is shit anyway we have real potential next year bringing in Reynolds, we need to try different players at 1 and see what works best.
100%. Do what we've done in the halves. New fullback every 2 weeks and see who cuts it there.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
It is a shame to miss out on him, I think he could have fit in our puzzle nicely. But it was a never was type of thing. Nothing to be upset over. The boys up stairs have to go back to the drawing board and find our next spine player. Dufty is an option just not on big coin either.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Well we’re out of contention this year, just try anyone else at the back and pray they work so we can shoo Isaako out of there.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Hynes was exactly what we needed, a fullback that could transition to a good 6 when cobbo came of age at 1, but 600k is too rich.

However, we need to get another player capable of ball playing and supporting in our spine or else i fear we will not exhibit any significant improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Seibs
  • MrMoore
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.