Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Xavier in the pipeline who looks rather promising - 17 years old, 116kg, current sparring partner to Paul Gallen 😳
View attachment 13350

He's still at school. Xavier and De La Salle are both Broncos' contracted. They hurt some bodies this year in Alf Cup- came back from 10-0 down yesterday with a great win on the back of these two brothers.

Another Xavier in the pipeline who looks rather promising - 17 years old, 116kg, current sparring partner to Paul Gallen 😳
View attachment 13350
One to keep an eye on!

Meanwhile, why the **** is Gallen sparring kids (sure, he’s a fucking giant kid, but he’s still a kid nonetheless)?

Surely there are some adults getting around so Gallen doesn’t need to go pick him up from school and he can enjoy his roll-up at little-lunch...?

Dean Ritchie (yes I know) has said Hodgson will most likely be at the Broncs next year, he won’t be in Canberra that’s a fact and all parties are open to it happening.

I could get behind this side:

1. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
2. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Mead
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hodgson
10. Carrigan
11. Su’A/Capewell
12. Pangai Jr
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Bullemor/Robati/Flegler
16. Flegler/Robati/Bullemor
17. Riki/Piakura

Plus a few more gun kids in the pipeline.

Dean Ritchie (yes I know) has said Hodgson will most likely be at the Broncs next year, he won’t be in Canberra that’s a fact and all parties are open to it happening.

1. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
2. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Mead
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hodgson
10. Carrigan
11. Su’A/Capewell
12. Pangai Jr
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
17. Riki/Piakura

Would be brilliant. With that spine all Staggs would have to do is focus on running.

1. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
2. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Mead
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hodgson
10. Carrigan
11. Su’A/Capewell
12. Pangai Jr
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
17. Riki/Piakura

If we can get Hodgson I'm a lot more okay with Staggs/Isaako in the spine. Reynolds would have some genuine playmaking backup.

I think Hodgson could easily end up as one of our better buys of the last decade. Just hoping it's only 2 years and Raiders subsidise the first year

Matty Johns has come out and whacked the Broncos for their inability to land Hynes.
Johns, a massive supporter of his mate Hynes stated that we should have offered 650-700k p/yr to ensure his signature.
Get off the gear mate, he isn't worth 600k, let alone mid 6's or even 700k.
Don't forget Kev said a couple of months back he only wants blokes that want to play for the Broncos and having to offer Hynes 700k would indicate to me that money would be the only reason Hynes would have ended up in Brisbane.

If we can get Hodgson I'm a lot more okay with Staggs/Isaako in the spine. Reynolds would have some genuine playmaking backup.

I think Hodgson could easily end up as one of our better buys of the last decade. Just hoping it's only 2 years and Raiders subsidise the first year
The biggest knock on Hodgson seems to be he is selfish. He explores all options to run first then thinks pass. That makes it difficult to carry out a game plan.
I don't think he would do that to Reynolds tbh so getting him is an upgrade for sure .

He's still at school. Xavier and De La Salle are both Broncos' contracted. They hurt some bodies this year in Alf Cup- came back from 10-0 down yesterday with a great win on the back of these two brothers.
Good to hear..
When are the two boys contracted until? Xavier looks like he has the potential to be a star.

I believe a successful spine needs to be balanced. It requires a combination of a game manager, ball players, runners and support players.

Our likely spine of isaako, staggs, reynolds and turpin is not balanced. Although we now have a game manager, isaako and staggs are not known to be ball players (even ball hogs to an extent) so i dont see them creating many opportunities for their outside men. As such our game would again largely rely on individual efforts and tackle breaks again (which the better teams do not allow).

I dont see cobbo being an immediate improvement on isaako either as he too appears to be a runner only.

I really hope mam comes along quick because he could be that ball player we need in the spine. He looks like he could play similar to how cody walker plays with adam reynolds at souths now.

I would not be opposed to the herbie at fullback idea. He appears to display that desire to be highly involved in everything and has a high work rate (more metres than any other centre) which many of the elite fullbacks possess i.e. rts, paps, turbo. Yes he would need to work on things (passing game, positional play)but he could be one of those fullbacks that just continues to sniff around the ball and provides support (which our current option does not do).

Who is mam?

Matty Johns has come out and whacked the Broncos for their inability to land Hynes.
Johns, a massive supporter of his mate Hynes stated that we should have offered 650-700k p/yr to ensure his signature.
Don't forget Kev said a couple of months back he only wants blokes that want to play for the Broncos and having to offer Hynes 700k would indicate to me that money would be the only reason Hynes would have ended up in Brisbane.
That Sydney pissed that we are working to get our cap in order and are trying to pressure us into ruining our club again.

1. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
2. Isaako/Cobbo/Herbie
3. Gagai
4. Lee
5. Mead
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hodgson
10. Carrigan
11. Su’A/Capewell
12. Pangai Jr
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
17. Riki/Piakura

We've almost got the same team
1 Herbie Farnworth
2 Selwyn Cobbo
3 Dane Gagai
4 Brenko Lee
5 David Mead
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Josh Hodgson/Jake Turpin (If we keep Turpin we need spark on the bench)
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Jaydn Sua/Kurt Capewell
12 Tevita Pangai Jr
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Tyson Gamble/Jake Granville
15 Thomas Flegler
16 Ethan Bullemore
17 Brendan Piakura/Jordan Riki

If you ever hear Hynes talk about his time up North, it was a huge struggle
for him. Living so far from his home and support networks, along with other issues, took a big toll on his mental health. He obviously loved the culture at the Storm but I’m sure it would’ve been tough for him to still be so far from home. Everyone I know from Umina seem to have a real attachment to that area and community. Going from Melbourne and then back to Brisbane for 3 more years, I think this would’ve been a pretty big sacrifice for Hynes.

Like I said before Cronulla was the club I was most worried about but I thought we were in the clear thanks to Kennedy, once they showed interest I was pretty confident our chances were slim.

Cronulla is only 1 to 2 hours from Umina, and culturally that area is very similar to Umina. From an lifestyle perspective, I don’t think Brisbane could’ve competed with Cronulla (not comparing the 2, I personally think Cronulla is a beautiful area filled with gronks but for Hynes specifically it’s a good fit with the surf culture and distance to home). Add the money and the hype around Fitzy and I don’t think it’s any surprise we missed out.

Cobbo was at the Falcons, when he makes his debut tonight, will they ask how the Storm missed him at their feeder club?

Then had to buy Coates.
Oh bizinga! They may have these past few weeks but rest assured Badel will have that little snippet you just brought to light in his back pocket for a slow news day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.