Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobbo was at the Falcons, when he makes his debut tonight, will they ask how the Storm missed him at their feeder club?

Then had to buy Coates.
Why bother with juniors when you can just poach young players that have already gone through the growing pains of debuting in first grade?

Matty Johns has come out and whacked the Broncos for their inability to land Hynes.
Johns, a massive supporter of his mate Hynes stated that we should have offered 650-700k p/yr to ensure his signature.
Get off the gear mate, he isn't worth 600k, let alone mid 6's or even 700k.
Don't forget Kev said a couple of months back he only wants blokes that want to play for the Broncos and having to offer Hynes 700k would indicate to me that money would be the only reason Hynes would have ended up in Brisbane.
Matthew Johns is a master mythologist, exaggerator and fable teller - quite a mix .... "MATE, I'M TELLIN YA!"

Why bother with juniors when you can just poach young players that have already gone through the growing pains of debuting in first grade?

Normally this wouldn't apply to the Storm, their normal route would be Cobbo not Coates. That's why it has shocked me a bit.

It's pretty obvious Kevvie tabled the Cobbo offer to Hynes, he was happy to sign either of them for 300k a year

That's how it looks to me

We've almost got the same team
1 Herbie Farnworth
2 Selwyn Cobbo
3 Dane Gagai
4 Brenko Lee
5 David Mead
6 Kotoni Staggs
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Payne Haas
9 Josh Hodgson/Jake Turpin (If we keep Turpin we need spark on the bench)
10 Pat Carrigan
11 Jaydn Sua/Kurt Capewell
12 Tevita Pangai Jr
13 Kobe Hetherington

14 Tyson Gamble/Jake Granville
15 Thomas Flegler
16 Ethan Bullemore
17 Brendan Piakura/Jordan Riki

Love it but I think Robati will be in there somewhere. Even without Lodge, we still have forwards coming out of our ears.

Love it but I think Robati will be in there somewhere. Even without Lodge, we still have forwards coming out of our ears.
I'd have him and Flegler swapping every few weeks or permanently if Flegs doesn't step up. Same with Piakura and Riki. Knowing us we will have players suspended and injured all year

As much as i would like SJ, I think if we are chasing Gagai and Capewell, then getting SJ doesn't make sense cause with Lee and gagai they will most defs be ur centres. Then where will staggs play.
I still think Staggs should play centres but looks like he will be our 6

What?

Cobbo re-signed before the club even officially admitted they were chasing Hynes. I don’t see how you’ve made this conclusion at all. Maybe I missed something.

They don't tell us everything in their press conferences, in fact they tell as little as possible in regards to recruitment.

Don't you think 300k for Nicho Hynes (if it's even true, as that is what was reported) is some epic low-balling? It could very well not be true as the CEO has come out today and said they didn't even get to the negotiating table but I am just going off the figures thrown around, as that's all the info I have on it.

Roughly a week ago they announced Cobbo was signing on for a few more years, then about 2 days ago Hynes signing with Cronulla had become official. I think there's a link there with the timing and everything. It hardly makes sense for the club to sign them both, we can barely get a decent hooker out on the field, why would we stack up the outside backs?

They don't tell us everything in their press conferences, in fact they tell as little as possible in regards to recruitment.

Don't you think 300k for Nicho Hynes (if it's even true, as that is what was reported) is some epic low-balling? It could very well not be true as the CEO has come out today and said they didn't even get to the negotiating table but I am just going off the figures thrown around, as that's all the info I have on it.

Roughly a week ago they announced Cobbo was signing on for a few more years, then about 2 days ago Hynes signing with Cronulla had become official. I think there's a link there with the timing and everything. It hardly makes sense for the club to sign them both, we can barely get a decent hooker out on the field, why would we stack up the outside backs?

Cobbo is realistically not ready for fullback until 2023.
That 1m over 3 years was rumoured to be what Hynes camp was asking for and it was probably a fair deal a month or so ago. He got lucky with Paps extended time on the sidelines and to his credit he played himself into a far higher pay bracket and waited long enough to have a few clubs come knocking. . At which point the broncos obviously weren’t prepared or couldn’t afford to up there offer.

I think Cobbo on the wing and Hynes at fullback would’ve been the optimal result for the club.

Were they off to Capewell’s next film set or to see Kevvie before origin camp?

Attachments

• B7910BA5-C8C7-47C1-914C-A519E3D84F95.jpeg
    B7910BA5-C8C7-47C1-914C-A519E3D84F95.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 157
Only story there would be if they were in the departure lounge for Bris, even then, there may or may not be direct flights from Syd to sweatsville with available business class seats?

Him and his brother have become two of the most irrelevant commentators in the game. Do any of their predictions come true? For such good footballers, they dribble some epic shit.

Kind of like three former Broncos' captains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • porouian
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Broncosgirl
  • Spoon
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.