Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobbo is another 18 year old I feel like him going straight to 1 is gamble when he probably needs just game time either as a winger in 1st grade or as a fullback in ISC.

Then again if he proves to be a superstar off the bat that is different but it's alot of pressure to just assume he will be instantly worthy of being our Fullback.

I hope we have learned our lesson's of failure bringing in so many younger guys. We have to let them develop. You dont get many like a Fifita or a Karmichael Hunt who come in and play to such a high standard every week. This rebuild will go nowhere if we dont get in some proven NRL players even if they are just solid ones. Our pack next year actually worries me if we dont bring in some experience, especially as we will probably lose Lodge.

Doesn’t Jayden Su’a play for the same team as Dane?
Think next time before posting ok?

Oh right, yeah I guess I hadn't thought of that until you said it of course. I mean it isn't like Jayd'n could have been getting a coffee or had arrived earlier or anything hey. Good thing you are here to pull me up on my very clear lack of thinking into the matter.

I hope we have learned our lesson's of failure bringing in so many younger guys. We have to let them develop. You dont get many like a Fifita or a Karmichael Hunt who come in and play to such a high standard every week. This rebuild will go nowhere if we dont get in some proven NRL players even if they are just solid ones. Our pack next year actually worries me if we dont bring in some experience, especially as we will probably lose Lodge.
Spot on. I’m hopeful that the club is locking up youth on affordable longer deals so they can’t try and force our hand into giving them undeserved starting spots. Hopefully the next step in the plan is to now fill the first grade team with bargain experienced players to hold the fort while the younger guys develop.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but i would like to stick with Isaako a bit longer and see what he can do behind Reynolds/Staggs.

Spend his entire off season working on his defense, and backing up behind the play.
Yeah i am leaning this way also, now Hynes is totally off the table. No one improves us there more then Isaako does ok currently and we do have internal options and the potential improvement of the incumbent.

Been Confirmed today that SJ is on the outer has been told he is no longer required.
Article states that Canberra are interested..

Also read Sharks have denied interest in Finucane, will he be a good option for us (LEADERSHIP) or is he too expensive, not something we need atm.

Canberra will go hard for SJ, he is the best and most useful half available unless they go after Taylor, who I think would be a better fit for them.

View attachment 13365
Been Confirmed today that SJ is on the outer has been told he is no longer required.

Also read Sharks have denied interest in Finucane, will he be a good option for us (LEADERSHIP) or is he too expensive, not something we need atm.
In principle I would be in favour of finucane but I think he would be too expensive.

View attachment 13365

He would be too expensive, not what we need right now, and will also be a let down to any team that signs him.

With the news of SJ being on the outer, we should absolutely be offering him 2 years, and get him mentoring Staggs and slowly transitioning Staggs into the halves.

SJ could be dangerous if he came in knowing the team belongs to Reynolds, and he is simply here to create points and not be a defensive liability.

He would be too expensive, not what we need right now, and will also be a let down to any team that signs him.

With the news of SJ being on the outer, we should absolutely be offering him 2 years, and get him mentoring Staggs and slowly transitioning Staggs into the halves.

SJ could be dangerous if he came in knowing the team belongs to Reynolds, and he is simply here to create points and not be a defensive liability.
I agree with your comments on SJ, we should really chase him..
If you have SJ and Reynolds then having
1. Issako/ Cobbo
9. Turpin
isn't too bad of a spine

Who in their right mind would take on Dugan?
He might be joining Milf in the Super League i reckon.
I have no idea where Dugan could end up.

He might do a BMoz/JMoz and head to a contending team on a low contract, but he is far too injury prone to be value for money to a contender.

ESL seems the most likely

Anyone able to access this and share.
Briefly read something about ramping talks with Su'a but couldn't read it all
If someone can share it will be awesome
Thanks

View attachment 13367Anyone able to access this and share.
Thanks

Going for Su'a is pure speculation based on him being off contract, the rumour he's "homesick" and wants to move back north and the club having money it didn't spend on Hynes. Walters gives the stock answer they're considering all good players coming off contract.

Donuts:

“We would have loved to have Nicho. He spoke to me during the process at different points and he outlined the importance of family. That was the major driver around not coming to Brisbane (Hynes has family in NSW) which we fully respected."

“What we discussed will stay between our club and Nicho’s agent. They were professional dealings, everyone was upfront but our position was very close to what the asking price was at the start of the discussions. On the way through, Nicho told me there were other priorities which related to family and in the end we didn’t even get to the negotiating table."

“Nicho would have been a great addition to the squad but we wish Nicho well at the Sharks and we’ll move on. We have internal options. We have Jamayne Isaako at fullback and young Selwyn Cobbo is coming through our system. This frees up money for us under the salary cap and we’ll continue to look to strengthen the squad in other positions. We’ve still got a number of players off contract and we want them to be banging the door down to demand that we re-sign them."

“We have a few players locked in, which is terrific, and we are still in the market to look at giving ‘Kevvie’ more options on his roster for 2022.”

McHunt

View attachment 13367Anyone able to access this and share.
Thanks

Donaghy said the other day Hynes wanted to be close to family and the Sharks are just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.