Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should hang onto him regardless. He’s one of few being a leader out there, who cares how much he’s on. We had Milford on more doing **** all for 3 years and we never dropped him until this year, let alone tried to facilitate a move

We saw what dufty brings last night. St george was a team struggling to score points when he was out, he comes in straight back from injury and they post 50 on us (admittedly we are shit but my point stands).

I know there are talks about him at the bulldogs but i would be in his ear about all the players that went to play fullback there; hopoate, DWZ, meaney, cotric, allan and rumoured that JAC also wants a shot.

Yes there are some question marks on him, but less than our current options and he has demonstrated he can play in a below average team. I think we should at least throw our hat in the ring.

Hodgson isnt a elite level of hooker, not now, not in the 6-again era....

But beggars cant be choosers....

We have 3 years of Reynolds....need to build in that timeline.....Hodgson fits that timeline.

Get him in...work out the finer details later. He can really help, and is a tier above the current options.

Hed need to work out how best to play alongside AR and co....

I'm not in the camp of fullbacks have to defend like Tonie Carroll. Most fullbacks are pretty bad 1 on 1, but like halves if they can offer more in attack, you put up with it.

The season is a write off so we need to trial Staggs/Herbie/Cobbo and see if we've got a fullback in the building, otherwise we have to go to market if we don't want to be cellar dwellers again.

No but you'd like to see them be in the right positions to pick up a ball in the in-goal or put their body on the line in a break way (instead of going for the intercept), those are Dufty's deficiencies

We saw what dufty brings last night. St george was a team struggling to score points when he was out, he comes in straight back from injury and they post 50 on us (admittedly we are shit but my point stands).

I know there are talks about him at the bulldogs but i would be in his ear about all the players that went to play fullback there; hopoate, DWZ, meaney, cotric, allan and rumoured that JAC also wants a shot.

Yes there are some question marks on him, but less than our current options and he has demonstrated he can play in a below average team. I think we should at least throw our hat in the ring.
My only argument to this is that we still scored 24 points. That should be enough to win if you have any semblance of defensive effort. Dufty is a horrible defender too. He’s done the exact thing we’re dropping Isaako for quite a few times.

Signing Dufty would mean that instead of defending 24 points efforts to victory, we are looking to score 54 points to win 54-50.

We have Riki, Piakura, Robati, TPJ as our egde forwards - using quite a chunk of change there... I very much doubt we see either Capewell or Su'A signed unless they came very cheap - it's absolutely not a position of need right now. There's not a lot of experience but luckily second row isn't a difficult position to learn on the job.

We definitely lack depth and experience in the backs, but Gagai will price himself out of our range I'd say.

Hodgson is the best spine player on the market, and he could come cheaply given the issues in Canberra - I'd take him to start at hooker, then move to a ball-playing 13 role to bring Turpin / Paix on at dummy half... Similar to McInnes and Brandon Smith playing interchangably between 9 and 13.

Our biggest need is at 1, but there's not much out there with Hynes gone... maybe a gamble on Dufty isn't the worst option although if there really are attitude problems then it's a no from me. I would still be doing everything in my power to pry Manu away from the chooks.

I think we all need to be prepared for the likelihood that there won't be any more big name signings for next year and that what we have now + confirmed signings could quite likely what we're going to have to run out with next year.

We can't fix this miss in just one off-season and we shouldn't be trying to.

Brent Read reckons the Broncos looked seriously at Shaun Johnson but thought he was asking too much. He speculates they might revisit him now they've lost Hynes.

Brent Read reckons the Broncos looked seriously at Shaun Johnson but thought he was asking too much. He speculates they might revisit him now they've lost Hynes.

maybe it's also because the Sharks have officially told him he is gone ... strengthens our negotiating position

maybe it's also because the Sharks have officially told him he is gone ... strengthens our negotiating position
It's in the context of the Bulldogs denying they're about to make him a two year offer. He was asking around $800k a year.

Was this recently stated, is there a link to this, or was this said few weeks ago?

I'm not a huge fan of Dufty, but on a 2 year deal for the right price I think he would at least offer us more in attack than anyone else we have. We need to get another genuine center in if we move staggs, move Herbie onto the wing, and sign a hooker. Turpin is going backwards at an alarming rate. I recall somebody on here who said they would take him over Mahoney and he would be up there competing with Grant for the Qld and Australia hooker spot. Really don't know what's happened to Jake.

If the Dogs could land Dufty and SJ, they'd have a pretty deadly backline next year.

1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Hopoate
4. Allan
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Johnson

It is a heck of a lot better than they are currently trotting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Manifesto
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.