Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more attack in the spine and specifically need a ball player after missing out on Hynes... I think we do need to go for Dufty now.

Stuff his defence, if we don't add to our spine it's going to be bottom 4 again next year.
Yeah, it’s hardly as if defence is our strong point and signing him may put that in jeopardy… 😂

one thing that annoyed me about the Haas articles is when they say Ikin is tasked with ensuring that Haas commits to his 6 year deal ending at the end of 2024.

when the reality is that it doesn't matter if Haas wants to stay or not (while it is preferable he wants to be here), we have the power to stop him playing against us until the 2025 season at the earliest.

it was made to seem like if Haas wants out, he can simply walk away from his contract, which just isn't the case.

one thing that annoyed me about the Haas articles is when they say Ikin is tasked with ensuring that Haas commits to his 6 year deal ending in 2024.

when the reality is that it doesn't matter if Haas wants to stay or not (while it is preferable he wants to be here), we have the power to stop him playing against us until the 2025 season at the earliest.

it was made to seem like if Haas wants out, he can simply walk away from his contract, which just isn't the case.
Yeah mate, Just media try to start non-existent issues.

If we sign Woods then the good the club has done in getting Reynolds and capewell here + letting go of some dead wood is sadly undone.
He is not what we need unless he is happy to be apart of the squad for minimum contract. But even then..

We should be going after dufty on a 1-2 yr contract on the cheap (200-300k)

Like talks of players revolt we should start a fans revolt if we are looking at Woods :) wouldn't mind Ryan James though..

I definitely think for a club who all season has been saying we need spine players surely Reynolds can't be the only one, i feel we lost our train of thought as a club in terms of the spine after losing Hynes.
I'll take Dufty 1-2yr deal.

I'll also go after Kodi (if we can) will be good with Reynolds

Turpin- if we can sign a hooker that will be good, if not i will looking at a good #14 super sub bring impact after Turps does the hard work. If B. Walters or Simpkins come ill be ok to keep Turpin for this yr.
I think there are better options for hookers in 2022 (who are off-contract) maybe we keep some money for then

1. Dufty
6. Kodi
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin
14. Walters/ Simpkins

Just my thoughts, want to see this club turn the tide and get back to its glory days

Like talks of players revolt we should start a fans revolt if we are looking at Woods :) wouldn't mind Ryan James though..

I definitely think for a club who all season has been saying we need spine players surely Reynolds can't be the only one, i feel we lost our train of thought as a club in terms of the spine after losing Hynes.
I'll take Dufty 1-2yr deal.

I'll also go after Kodi (if we can) will be good with Reynolds

Turpin- if we can sign a hooker that will be good, if not i will looking at a good #14 super sub bring impact after Turps does the hard work. If B. Walters or Simpkins come ill be ok to keep Turpin for this yr.
I think there are better options for hookers in 2022 (who are off-contract) maybe we keep some money for then

1. Dufty
6. Kodi
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin
14. Walters/ Simpkins

Just my thoughts, want to see this club turn the tide and get back to its glory days
I'd be running Ezra Mam in that 14 next year or even at 6 if staggs fails, only 18 at the moment and on a development contract.. so your saving some coin

Why don't we start our own as a fight back?

Rumour has it Qld clubs are circling Sam Walker who despite just re-signing, has realised certain paper bags will not be forth coming.
Hire ben and Shane walker as assistants and Sams guaranteed to come

Can’t keep throwing kids into first grade just to skimp on cap spending.

This is his first season of ISC and has only played 4 games
Yeah obviously he needs alot more time in cup first but if he's always an option if he's killing it by sometime next year

The weird stat I noticed is his PPM in SuperCoach. Crazy high for someone who appears to do very little.
I've kept a bit of an eye on Woods over the last couple of years and he's better than his tag suggests. Not saying he's class but just from a worker only perspective he's improved his consistency I believe. I haven't looked at any stats but my personal eye test and memory tell me that I've seen good stuff.

Like this post if you want me to DM you a copy. I can't post it here.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 07 03 at 08 43 50 Broncos boom boys on the way in 2022 and beyond

one thing that annoyed me about the Haas articles is when they say Ikin is tasked with ensuring that Haas commits to his 6 year deal ending at the end of 2024.

If he wants out right now - and it would be in his financial best interest - he only needs to fall out with Walters, say something negative about him in an interview and he'd be out the door the next day, with no punishment or public backlash. Just an upgraded contract at the club of his choice.

Like this post if you want me to DM you a copy. I can't post it here.

View attachment 13887

Just post their names, already in the media. Mam, Va'a, Willison, Mozer, that centre are the ones coming through in the next year or two. There's a couple of backs in the Cowboys system that would be worth a look too.

Any word if Pulu is coming into the top squad to fill Lodges spot?.

The CM/DT are doing a topp 100 NRL rich list ... today was 51-100. not sure how accurate, but there were several Broncos or former Broncos on the list. some interesting ones:

Broncos on the list:

100 - Brodie Croft: $423,000
87 - Corey Oates: $517,000
86 - Payne Haas: $517,000
53 - Tevita Pangai Jnr: $683,000

Former Broncos:

97 - Kodi Nikorima ($470,000) - seems low because it was reported at the time he was getting a significant increase at the Warriors

74 - Andrew McCullough ($600,000) - says we're paying 200k, mainly because of how late he made the move.

63 - Joe Ofahengaue ($650,000) - says we're paying a portion for this year only. he got an upgrade when moving to the Tigers

51 - Josh McGuire - ($700,000) - Cowboys chipping in half of his contract next year and a decent amount in 2022

The CM/DT are doing a topp 100 NRL rich list ... today was 51-100. not sure how accurate, but there were several Broncos or former Broncos on the list. some interesting ones:

Broncos on the list:

100 - Brodie Croft: $423,000
87 - Corey Oates: $517,000
86 - Payne Haas: $517,000
53 - Tevita Pangai Jnr: $683,000

Former Broncos:

97 - Kodi Nikorima ($470,000) - seems low because it was reported at the time he was getting a significant increase at the Warriors

74 - Andrew McCullough ($600,000) - says we're paying 200k, mainly because of how late he made the move.

63 - Joe Ofahengaue ($650,000) - says we're paying a portion for this year only. he got an upgrade when moving to the Tigers

51 - Josh McGuire - ($700,000) - Cowboys chipping in half of his contract next year and a decent amount in 2022

Haas at #86. That is legitimately embarrassing for his agent.

Won't be a fun time for us when that comes up for re-negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.