Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Threads
Personally I think Riki has done absolutely **** all and Piakura hasn't even played for us. They might end up being fantastic but they need to force their way into the team, esp now that we've got them locked down.
Yeah but they need time, Piakura and tc aren't locked down for long. Can't just stick all of them back in cup and expect them to hang around, its all about balance.
Much prefer to persist with them on one side and have Capewell on the other , and spend more on the spine.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Stacked in 2nd row, Robati, rikki piakura and Capewell.

Yeah look he isn't coming and we all know that but it isn't the worst idea I've heard from upthebroncs upthebroncs and there have been some absolute shockers.

I don't think we need another second rower per se at all but I would like one more depth forward and Martin could be a lock in the current game. All that said, I'd want him for minimum wage which he won't come for and nor will we ask, so it is all a moot point.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Threads
Yeah look he isn't coming and we all know that but it isn't the worst idea I've heard from upthebroncs upthebroncs and there have been some absolute shockers.

I don't think we need another second rower per se at all but I would like one more depth forward and Martin could be a lock in the current game. All that said, I'd want him for minimum wage which he won't come for and nor will we ask, so it is all a moot point.
I think we maybe looking at Mo , if titans are looking at finucane surely we could sneak in and grab him.

Stu_9

NRL Player
Mar 9, 2018
Threads
Now that we have a bit of $ free for 2022, I’d really like to see us push hard to try and get B.Smith. I know Melbourne have said that they would want an equivalent quality swap (and I’m not sure who that would be outside of Haas or Staggs) but I think we should be trying to get it done. Possibly a 2 for 1 player swap.
He would be massive for this squad and I’m sure Reynolds would love to have him at the club.
I’d offer the likes of Fleggler + Oates, 2 origin rep players :facepalmwastaken:

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
Threads
The make up of the bench doesn't really matter to me.. The starting 13 is important though.. We need to lock players into their positions and stick to it.

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Dane Gagai
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Cory Paix
10. Thomas Flegler
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Patrick Carrigan
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Brendan Piakura
19. Corey Jensen
20. Tyson Gamble
21. Billy Walters
22. Brenko Lee
23. Tesi Niu

I like this team..
Gagai on the wing and Herbie in the centres , maybe swap them around. I can't remember the last time Herbie beat someone in attack.

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Threads
Personally I think Riki has done absolutely **** all and Piakura hasn't even played for us. They might end up being fantastic but they need to force their way into the team, esp now that we've got them locked down.
I think Riki has been one of the biggest disappointments this year. I thought he would really build on what he showed last year as well as the All Stars game but he seemed to go backwards in the early opportunities he got in the side.

Definitely the right attributes to develop into a good backrower, just hope our coaching team is up to it.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Now that we have a bit of $ free for 2022, I’d really like to see us push hard to try and get B.Smith. I know Melbourne have said that they would want an equivalent quality swap (and I’m not sure who that would be outside of Haas or Staggs) but I think we should be trying to get it done. Possibly a 2 for 1 player swap.
He would be massive for this squad and I’m sure Reynolds would love to have him at the club.
I’d offer the likes of Fleggler + Oates, 2 origin rep players :facepalmwastaken:

If you had to, I'd offer them Riki because I think he is going to turn into a very, very good player and it would be a win for both parties, no need to throw Oates in too. We can get by without Riki and he'd turn into a gun at the Storm, it would be a win for both parties.

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Threads
I agree, we need competition for spots and can't just be handing starting positions to any young guy that shows promise.. They need to learn that they need to earn the position in the line up.

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Threads

300k I'd be happy with.

Won't we need to replace Alex Glenn? John Asiata? Tevita Pangai? Matt Lodge?

We need replacements..

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
Think he said dotting I's and crossing the t's so still could be a week or 2. Hopping it happens because it would make the other rumour about the origin player have some legs. Hopefully Mo , tino,Welch, or Ponga
Maybe Hammer?

nopatience101

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Threads

Wayne:

“I don’t know where ‘Milf’ will end up, but Jason is pretty close to Anthony. Jason likes him and has worked with him so there might be an opportunity here. Jason would be happy to have him at the club, but I don’t know what Milf is chasing and how much money the club has left in the cap. Jason knows Milf can play and they worked well together at the Broncos, but it depends on Souths — they might have other plans around their halfback because I won’t be there next year.”

Milford:

“I’ve got two young girls so my family comes first now — I will go wherever I need to for them and what best suits my football. I honestly believe I have more in me. I’m only 27. I know the hunger and the passion is there. I still love playing the game so hopefully a fresh start can be good for me.”

Souths have offered Gagai a one year deal ~ $450k. Brisbane are baulking at the price:

“Dane is a player that remains on our radar, but at this point in time we are not in a position to table anything for him, It will be a wait-and-see scenario. It depends what we can afford.”

McHunt
Not the first time Wayne has jumped at a milf..

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Threads
Surely we wouldn’t be trying to get Gagai and Hammer. Especially after already getting brenko and renewing arthars.

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Threads
Yes especially silly if we are planning on holding onto Niu..
I like what Niu has shown the past few weeks (besides the brain fart last week missing the ball). I think if he trains in the position more he could be good there, and if reports of Cobbo being the future are true he can be the fallback.

only way I see it making sense getting hammer as well as gagai is if we are getting rid of Isaako or Oates.

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Threads
I like what Niu has shown the past few weeks (besides the brain fart last week missing the ball). I think if he trains in the position more he could be good there, and if reports of Cobbo being the future are true he can be the fallback.

only way I see it making sense getting hammer as well as gagai is if we are getting rid of Isaako or Oates.
Yeah I'm not even going to judge Niu too much on this years performances.. I mean.. Why did he start the year in the centres?.. That was just dumb if we didn't plan to persist with him there..

Niu needs a whole pre-season at fullback if we are going to play him there.

He doesn't look like he was conditioned this pre season for the fullback position. He looks like he was beefed up for the centre spot... I dare say he's lost some of his speed in the past year.

Team P W L PD Pts
19 17 2 465 36
19 16 3 305 34
19 16 3 231 34
19 13 6 189 28
19 13 6 146 28
18 11 7 151 24
18 8 10 -40 18
19 8 11 -82 18
19 8 11 -82 18
19 8 11 -147 18
18 7 11 -52 16
19 6 13 -129 14
19 6 13 -152 14
19 6 13 -226 14
19 5 14 -247 12
18 2 16 -330 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lazza

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.