Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna say it, I reckon we are a hooker and some cheap hardened depth away from being a Smokey next year.

If we could land B.Smith or see an explosion in Paix, I dunno, I reckon we have a lot of ingredients already.
Totally agree with you, Reynolds is going to bring so much direction to our side which we have lacked for a long long time, we've got exciting outside backs with some blokes who make good metres, a more mobile forward pack with lodge out, more experience with the young forwards.
These alot to like once we get the formula right with our 6 and 1.
And I think if Smith wants to leave the storm I reckon if we play our cards right wed be favourites to land him and possibly play a role with Turpin on the bench with a similar rotation that him and Grant play.

I think we will get more out of Haas and Carrigan by using them less. Both of them get a bit sloppy in defence when they have been overworked.
I hope so. Would be great to have Pat as part of the clubs future. He’s just pretty one dimensional at the moment which wouldn’t be such a bad thing if Haas wasnt the exact same type of prop but obviously to a freakish level.

They've signed some players haven't they.

Dufty
Carr
Naden
Burton

Off the top of my head. I hope it works out, I'd really like them to be competitive again.

The competition needs shaking up.

1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Nadan
4. Allen
5. Ado Carr
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Hetherington
9. Katoa
10. Thompson
11. Elliot
12. Pangai Jr *
13. Jackson (c)

14. Marshall-King

A lot of strike power but not the best attitudes. Will be interesting to see what they achieve.

The Bulldogs have recruited poorly for mine, they've gone out and gotten all these above average outside backs.

You look at the outside backs they've recruited in this season alone, before they got to the Bulldogs they were really good players. They've gone backwards at that club probably because the team as a whole isn't strong where they need to be to give the backs the opportunities to score.

Cotric, Allan, DWZ.. these were all great players before getting to the Bulldogs.

So they go out and buy a few more, it's amazing really. I'd hate to be a Bulldogs fan seeing what they are bringing in and the coach thinking that's the way out for them.

1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Nadan
4. Allen
5. Ado Carr
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Hetherington
9. Katoa
10. Thompson
11. Elliot
12. Pangai Jr *
13. Jackson (c)

14. Marshall-King

A lot of strike power but not the best attitudes. Will be interesting to see what they achieve.
"Our defence and attitudes are shocking"
Barrett: "you find me the some fast runners with poor defence and poor attitudes and I'll fix it!"

My prediction, they'll come shooting out of the blocks and all the stdney media will go on about how right they got and how wrong we got it. By round 5, their problems will remain, by round 16 Barrett will be sacked

I hope so. Would be great to have Pat as part of the clubs future. He’s just pretty one dimensional at the moment which wouldn’t be such a bad thing if Haas wasnt the exact same type of prop but obviously to a freakish level.

I think its not an issue having props like that as long as you have something different elsewhere in the forwards, They both will provide the consistency of output i feel you need.

What are you saying?
I will thank McHunt for explaining for the "Click bait generation", I didn't have the energy to explain that water is wet.

But to add, Ikin has used his media contacts to send a message to clubs, "You want Haas, it will cost you millions over many many years". BIG play, big risk for any suitor. Bet it made them blink. It's a preemptive strike. It is a flag in the ground. Re-read my message with what McHunt and I just said.

Propaganda: information, ideas, opinions, or images, often only giving one part of an argument, that are broadcast, published, or in some other way spread with the intention of influencing people's opinions- Cambridge Dictionary.

Are there any players the Broncos have let go in the past couple of years besides Walsh that are playing well for other teams?

Are there any players the Broncos have let go in the past couple of years besides Walsh that are playing well for other teams?

Collins
Arrow
Wallace (at times)
Granville
KNik
Walker (technicality)
Lui
Allan (pre-Bulldogs death)

Couple of years, so let's use 2019 as the cut-off.

Roberts - No, in fact he was playing better when he was dogging it at the Broncos.

T. Boyd - Hasn't impressed at all when he's been called up.

Su'A - No, his form has really dropped off this year.

Nikorima - No, he's been exposed this year after a good run of form last year. Just as limited as ever often over-playing his hand and failing to get his team around the park.

S. Walker - I'll give him a pass. The grind is starting to catch up to him and he's in a team that's struggling but he still bounces back. Killing it? Not anymore but on balance yeah he's played well.

J. Simpkin - Made a solid debut but had one shocker and hasn't been sighted since. Liddle is the one attacking spark the Tigers have so Maguire hasn't given him too many opportunities.

Dargan - Received his opportunity at Souths and looked off the pace.

Mago - Just an average depth forward.

Shibasaki - Still a fringe first grade back. Capable of strung runs but just too many schoolboy errors in his game.

McCullough - I'll give him a pass, but largely for making Hunt's life easier and allowing him to play some of the best footy since 2018.

Fifita - On balance I'd say he's played well. Individually his stats put him among the best second rowers in the game. Are his performances worth $1.25 million? No, but again it's all about publicity and buying some momentum for the team.

Ofahengaue - He was playing better than last but still well below his 2018 form which was actually good. Maguire's selections haven't helped him and the Tigers side just seems to struggle for versatility. Too many similar players trying to play the same role.

Bird - I'll give him a pass too. He's made a difference at the Dragons and rolled up the sleeves for them. Not killing it, and definitely not living up to the $900,000 price tag but certainly playing well.

O'Sullivan - He's a mixed bag. He looks likely but doesn't convert enough opportunities in attacking zones and has too many errors in him.

So...

S. Walker
McCullough
Fifita
Bird
Walsh

And none of them are really killing it at the moment.

I agree, have been quietly very impressed with him in the games I've seen and a decent goal kicker too.
I thought he played pretty decently in a side that was convincently beaten. Got a try assist, provide some opportunites for his outside men, some pretty good short kicks, always had his backline sorted and ready, occassionally turned up both side of the ruck and usually led the kick chase.

He also defends quite well for a young half.

Although two tries where scored on him, these were not straight missed tackles or misreads in defence. One he took the legs and the player reached over, the other was on a bigger man that just had too much momentum And carried him over.

I hope he continues, as i think a combo of he and reynolds could be a good one (he plays left side too which would enable reynolds to stay on the right and staggs at right centre to utilise his fend).

Does anyone think Kurt Mann could make a good halves partner for Adam Reynolds? He's off contract, experienced and a Queenslander. He seems like a hard worker. He has shown he can play anywhere in the spine if need be. Can also fill in at centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Maroon4life
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ettybay
  • Broncosarethebest
  • dirtyharry
  • Fitzy
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.