Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he has gone way too hard with that opinion. He was ok and Souths were terrible and got pantsed.
Yeah Ezra had shown a lot of potential at times but this was far from a performance worth crowing about

I think he has what it takes too. He came through with players like Ash Taylor and Anthony Milford who got all the glory early on and have since flopped. Makes sense that Gamble gets his time in the sun now and I think all these years he's had his head stuck down and been working on his game will pay off.

The only problem is that we have a coach that changes the line up every week. I hope we have players cemented in positions to start the season next year. Not like this year where we didn't know who our halves combination would be etc.. (We are yet to settle on that for this year still..)

When did Gamble come through with Ash Taylor? Taylor was long gone before Gamble was in our system and Tyson was a Dolphin. We didnt pick him up really until last year.

If Gamble works hard on a few areas of his game( defence and fitness mainly) he will be exactly what we need. His attitude and will to win is exactly what we need. He is already a good ball player and working with a bloke like Reynolds can only bring good things. I really hope he grabs this opportunity and shakes the shit out of it.

His discipline is whats going to hold him back i reckon. I still dont think he is that great tbh, he's just benefitting from being a competent half. When we get our act together i think he is going to go the same way as Turpin where his limitations show and i dont think that will cut it in a spine position.

When did Gamble come through with Ash Taylor? Taylor was long gone before Gamble was in our system and Tyson was a Dolphin. We didnt pick him up really until last year.
Yeah tyson played for the dolphins from age 16 made his way through the grades to qcup and then got picked up by the tigers turned down playing 20s for the sharks to stay at reddy.. ash had a contract with the broncos from like age 12 or something stupid and was in the broncos system played all the junior reps tyson didn't.. totally different paths and different age groups so certainly didn't come through together haha

Melbourne got an absolute gem 2nd rower in Jack Howarth. 18 years old turning 19 this year, born in Mackay went to college in Brisbane, possibly can lure him back to Brisbane after 2022.

Melbourne got an absolute gem 2nd rower in Jack Howarth. 18 years old turning 19 this year, born in Mackay went to college in Brisbane, possibly can lure him back to Brisbane after 2022.

Jack Howarth is one of the biggest schoolboy names I completely agree with you. He was the biggest name especially for schoolboy union along with and at times higher than Suallii so he is good. But to me he was never outstanding skill-wise obviously good but definitely better players. He just dominated boys with the speed of a Ferrari but body of a tank. When you verse men that all comes crashing down. From what I’ve seen when watching and his stats, he has struggled heaps in q-cup. We have an over-abundance of second towers at our club and in my opinion every single one of them. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Are currently better than him. He has really struggled to adapt from what I’ve seen comparing him with blokes that have come out of school the same year and even considering some blokes that came out of the gps rugby union in the year or two before with 1/100th of the reputation and do far better in far quicker time and rather in the nrl than struggling in the q-cup. I’m not calling bust or anything yet but I think that’s a definite steer clear for the moment especially considering he had so much higher expectations than that. In saying that he could just be transitioning slowly, maybe a niggle or two and just hasn’t quite got there. I just don’t think it’s worth the money and resources it will cost us due to rep just to snag him when he hasn’t been all that.

Jack Howarth is one of the biggest schoolboy names I completely agree with you. He was the biggest name especially for schoolboy union along with and at times higher than Suallii so he is good. But to me he was never outstanding skill-wise obviously good but definitely better players. He just dominated boys with the speed of a Ferrari but body of a tank. When you verse men that all comes crashing down. From what I’ve seen when watching and his stats, he has struggled heaps in q-cup. We have an over-abundance of second towers at our club and in my opinion every single one of them. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Are currently better than him. He has really struggled to adapt from what I’ve seen comparing him with blokes that have come out of school the same year and even considering some blokes that came out of the gps rugby union in the year or two before with 1/100th of the reputation and do far better in far quicker time and rather in the nrl than struggling in the q-cup. I’m not calling bust or anything yet but I think that’s a definite steer clear for the moment especially considering he had so much higher expectations than that. In saying that he could just be transitioning slowly, maybe a niggle or two and just hasn’t quite got there. I just don’t think it’s worth the money and resources it will cost us due to rep just to snag him when he hasn’t been all that.
Its probably for the best that he went to the Storm if you are right. If he's got potential and needs someone to bring it out, Bellamy is the most likely.

I’ll be honest, I know nothing about him, so I could be very wrong.

But watching the video, I did immediately think of Fifita. Better not because he’s a better or smarter footy player, but because he’s bigger, stronger, faster.

As you say, and as is being seen now with Fifita, that will only get you so far in the NRL. Eventually, if you want to be better than the average NRL player, you need more.

I’ll be honest, I know nothing about him, so I could be very wrong.

But watching the video, I did immediately think of Fifita. Better not because he’s a better or smarter footy player, but because he’s bigger, stronger, faster.

As you say, and as is being seen now with Fifita, that will only get you so far in the NRL. Eventually, if you want to be better than the average NRL player, you need more.
I think as a young player, if you think you've made it and just coast along, you're making it more and more difficult for yourself. You need to keep wanting to improve until you work out all your deficiencies and become consistent. A lot of these players just had it too easy growing up because of their size and speed and probably never learned how to work on things as well as the less gifted players have.
Still, someone like Fifita has so much freaking talent that all he needs is just a small amount of drive and he'll probably be the best 2nd rower in the world.

I think as a young player, if you think you've made it and just coast along, you're making it more and more difficult for yourself. You need to keep wanting to improve until you work out all your deficiencies and become consistent. A lot of these players just had it too easy growing up because of their size and speed and probably never learned how to work on things as well as the less gifted players have.
Still, someone like Fifita has so much freaking talent that all he needs is just a small amount of drive and he'll probably be the best 2nd rower in the world.
All the talent in the world will only get you so far, just ask Dave Taylor. I have never seen a bloke (before or since) of his size with his skills. He could do pretty much everything, but sadly preferred to do nothing.

Fifita is already better in some aspects of his game but certainly not as versatile. The way things are trending, he’ll likely end up just like Taylor if he doesn’t want to put in the hard yards to develop more than just a devastating running game.

He hasn't been playing second row the Storm are trying to make him a centre and he's had injuries too.

Certainly not having the best ISC season but I think both those things are contributing.

Before the 12 months off he was playing back row at Easts in MM and killing it, then 12 months off then playing centre and injuries at the Falcons and not going so well.

They are around the same age and came through the grades together making the rep sides, playing with and against eachother. There were a bunch of them that are in the NRL now that were the best halves in QLD for their age. I think it was something like Nikorima, Ash Taylor, Gamble, Milford and there were probably a couple more I'm forgetting but it used to be pretty competitive I believe.

I agree, he's real good. That'd be a big steal. Not sure if we can pull it off though.

They are around the same age and came through the grades together making the rep sides, playing with and against eachother.
Pretty sure that's totally wrong. Ash was playing in the u20's for the Broncos while Gamble was playing juniors for the Phins. When did Gamble play with Ash Taylor? Taylor was playing first grade while Gamble was learning his trade in ISC. They would have barely ever met on the field.

Pretty sure that's totally wrong. Ash was playing in the u20's for the Broncos while Gamble was playing juniors for the Phins. When did Gamble play with Ash Taylor? Taylor was playing first grade while Gamble was learning his trade in ISC. They would have barely ever met on the field.
I'm talking about when they were children. It was Tyson Gamble's dad that told me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • teampjta
  • johnny plath
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • NSW stables
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.