Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Levi played all the games this year then you could make the case he's better.
Levi has been lucky in the sense he has come in when the team is going alot better specially with gamble going so well and has made the team his own in recent weeks.
Turpins job wasn't made easier with Deardon, Croft, Milford running the team most the year.
If we could get a rotation going for next year of Turpin starting and bring a second attacking hooker on after say 20-30 and have Turpin shift into a 13 role for his defence would be affective
Agreed. Turpin should be used similar way Canberra use Hodgson. I've been thinking for a bit Turpin would be an effective lock even with his small size, use him as a distributer which he did a job with when he played halfback for most of 2020.

If you want to do a 50/30 split, which is a good idea unless you have a top 4 hooker, Turpin still shouldn’t make it. Levi for 50 and Paix for 30 and look to swap then as Paix gets fitte, that way you still have attack the whole 80. Turpin is a spud.

If you want to do a 50/30 split, which is a good idea unless you have a top 4 hooker, Turpin still shouldn’t make it. Levi for 50 and Paix for 30 and look to swap then as Paix gets fitte, that way you still have attack the whole 80. Turpin is a spud.
Ah great we can have defensive liabilities for the whole 80mins.

Levi and Paix are bench options at best. There’s a reason nobody wants to sign Levi.

Ah great we can have defensive liabilities for the whole 80mins.

Levi and Paix are bench options at best. There’s a reason nobody wants to sign Levi.

All our current hookers are bench options at best. Turpin is a bottom tier hooker. He is reasonable good in defence and put a big hit on, but he isnt creative, his service isnt great and he isnt a runner. He's basically Macca lite. Paix is still an unknown and Levi is basically decent in attack but poor in defence. We are desperate for some quality at nine.

Manu is just an excellent footballer. We would be mad not to try to get him, same for Brandon Smith. You arent going to be getting a better player in the next few years than Manu.
Brandon Smith coming would make a huge difference. Number 1 target in my view. I'd like to see if we can get Staines out of Penrith for Fullback.

Yep Haas is a DH and a definite double standard by the club, same with Fifita, playing well does wonders for your character it seems.
Payne Haas is still a kid. Give him a break!

I think he’s on the right track to becoming a great leader of the club. Let’s hope I’m right!

Petero 2.0 🤞

Brandon Smith coming would make a huge difference. Number 1 target in my view. I'd like to see if we can get Staines out of Penrith for Fullback.
I’d pass on Staines unless he is cheap which he won’t be to leave Penrith.

I don’t think he is that great and I’m tired of wasting time over athletes instead of footballers which I think he is.

Yes on Brandon Smith even though he is becoming one of the biggest tools in the game. I find this hectic cheese bullshit cringe worthy

Didn't actually think of him in Bali, but he didn't really do much there anyway. He had the incident where he got his learner licence suspended, then he got caught using his phone in the car while driving unlicensed without another driver in the car iirc.

I think the police incident was pretty bad tbh and while I think it's tragic to lose your brother ( and I lost mine as well so ) I don't think it's an excuse to go as over the top as he did.

I honestly think his driving one was the height of stupidity but it could have had huge consequences. I sympathises a little with him with the integrity commission incident, his family threw him under the bus I believe with that one, but my main point is its not a great look when a kid in first grade for 4 years has had 3 incidents and was around a 4th.

I still think he has shown he seems to attract trouble for one reason or another and if he wasn't as good as he is I think we would have punted him after the police incident. If he has another incident and we are fair dinkum about things, we probably have to get rid of him.
And let’s not forget your main point is that although a dickhead on the field, Moose is not a dick head off it. He’s just dumb af, poor bloke.

I don’t want him back tho because he’s blind in one eye, and as he’s getting older his physical ability can’t overcome that as well as it did in his younger yearsz

I’d pass on Staines unless he is cheap which he won’t be to leave Penrith.

I don’t think he is that great and I’m tired of wasting time over athletes instead of footballers which I think he is.

Yes on Brandon Smith even though he is becoming one of the biggest tools in the game. I find this hectic cheese bullshit cringe worthy
I agree, I think Staines is just an overhyped Panthers junior for the most part.

I’d like B Smith too, I think him and Kev would work well together. He could be a great leader for us and also just bring a great vibe to the side.

Kev, Reynolds and B Smith would be a jovial bunch.. Would be quite a recipe for a culture rebuild

I have absolutely nothing to back this other than my gut feeling; but Cobbo just looks like he could be an absolute weapon, in attack at least, at fullback. Within half a season, and with some confidence, I reckon we’d see it developing too.

I think he is worth a proper shot, just looks to have that awkward style that makes him very hard to handle. I also think his defence and organisation would come with time, as is the case with pretty much every top tier fullback.

IMO, Manu hasn’t shown anywhere near enough at fullback to warrant elite fullback money, which is what $1million a season is. So if that’s what he wants, it’s a pass from me.

Payne Haas is still a kid. Give him a break!

I think he’s on the right track to becoming a great leader of the club. Let’s hope I’m right!

Petero 2.0 🤞

Kids still know right from wrong. Hopefully, this last incident will be the last one for him because so far he seems to not be learning his lesson.

Kids still know right from wrong. Hopefully, this last incident will be the last one for him because so far he seems to not be learning his lesson.
Wait I think I’ve missed something. What last incident? Is this recent or something from months ago?

Wait I think I’ve missed something. What last incident? Is this recent or something from months ago?

The incident in January. His threatening behaviour towards the police, especially a policewoman.

I have absolutely nothing to back this other than my gut feeling; but Cobbo just looks like he could be an absolute weapon, in attack at least, at fullback. Within half a season, and with some confidence, I reckon we’d see it developing too.

I think he is worth a proper shot, just looks to have that awkward style that makes him very hard to handle. I also think his defence and organisation would come with time, as is the case with pretty much every top tier fullback.

IMO, Manu hasn’t shown anywhere near enough at fullback to warrant elite fullback money, which is what $1million a season is. So if that’s what he wants, it’s a pass from me.
Can’t really disagree more with this entire post. Cobbo has shown quite little in first grade, and he was marking up against an average 5/8 playing out of position last week, and was contained easily. I’m not saying he won’t be a gun, but he is being overhyped purely because he looks like a young Latrell.
Manu has dominated every time he has played fullback and 6, and is easily the games best centre. He is worth top tier fullback money, which is 700-900k. There’s not many fullbacks I’d take ahead of him as a signing option.

I’ve been watching on and off but James looks like he’s been solid during his Dogs debut. Still think he’s the best available experienced prop in that price range.

The incident in January. His threatening behaviour towards the police, especially a policewoman.
Yeah, I hope he has learned from that. I didn’t like it. People can change and mature though.

I don’t know why we are talking about upgrading his contract though.. Talk of that is ridiculous.. I thought we only just locked him in for 5 years.. Why not wait a bit longer before offering a 10 year 10 mil deal?

Wasn't Payne also smashing the pokies with the Milford gang before the Parra finals loss a few years ago?

Not sure if that's been included in his rap sheet but it's a worrying trend, agreed he is young and been surrounded by not the best leaders during his time perhaps? Happy for him to be given more chances but I think a 10 year deal idea is unwise for many reasons.

Didn't it come out that the 10 year report was misleading and it was actually more like a 5 year extension?

I still think it's a massive gamble, especially considering how far Payne has gotten the Broncos thus far and there's no guarantee he can keep that work ethic up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.