Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be right about a lot of these things, but I'll tell you what - Foordy's unrelenting optimism is a lot less tiring than your unrelenting pessimism. And possibly a lot better for his mental health.

Your negativity is a perfectly valid choice, but personally I'm going to choose belief. The same thing I've chosen every time the Broncos have played ever since I can remember. Yep, even for the past couple of years. Some people might think I'm an idiot for that. That's fine. It's not going to stop me.
Could be correct, but we have to find out the reasoning behind his unwavering defence without anything to back his opinion. Why can’t he say a negative word about certain people in charge?

You might be right about a lot of these things, but I'll tell you what - Foordy's unrelenting optimism is a lot less tiring than your unrelenting pessimism. And possibly a lot better for his mental health.

Your negativity is a perfectly valid choice, but personally I'm going to choose belief. The same thing I've chosen every time the Broncos have played ever since I can remember. Yep, even for the past couple of years. Some people might think I'm an idiot for that. That's fine. It's not going to stop me.

Fair point and believe it or not, I’m usually quite a positive person. I am certainly not going to begrudge someone for choosing to be positive, I just want valid reasons to be positive other than we are the Broncos because the current regime is not the Broncos I grew up knowing and loving from the top down with the young light at the end of the tunnel leaving. I don’t know where the turn around comes from (well I do but none of them at this stage have left), this is my cause for constant pessimism and sorry everyone, I’ll try to tone it down.

That 'BELIEF' we all had every time the Broncos played left for me when the board jettisoned the old coach. All confidence dwindled away from 2018 till the wooden spoon.

I'd tip the Capras to beat them if they were having a match tomorrow.

Fair point and believe it or not, I’m usually quite a positive person. I am certainly not going to begrudge someone for choosing to be positive, I just want valid reasons to be positive other than we are the Broncos because the current regime is not the Broncos I grew up knowing and loving from the top down with the young light at the end of the tunnel leaving. I don’t know where the turn around comes from (well I do but none of them at this stage have left), this is my cause for constant pessimism and sorry everyone, I’ll try to tone it down.
Why? Most people agree with your assessments. It didn’t happen overnight, our mediocrity of late is the result of half a decade of arrogance and......I don’t know. The club board spews nothing but positivity for years and look where we have landed as a club and team. Enablers are the reason we have become such a shitshow. I love the fact that so many are calling out the incompetent ragtag bunch of park footy players we have become.

Tone it down for what? Is it negative to call out disastrous administration for what it is?

Im optimistic because we have a new coach and fingers crossed a new CEO by the time things kick off next season. Things will begin to mend, but I think the massive damage the club has taken under the White administration still hasn’t finished and will ultimately result in us losing either or both of Staggs and Coates.

I don’t think it’s negative to comment on this as much as it is just factual. If it appears negative than maybe that’s because it objectively is. I’m still positive that things will improve once the smell of White, Seibold, and bad contracts a washed away.

Last edited:
It would be dishonest to continue being positive about this club as of late. What you’re doing is being realistic. You don’t need to change. The club does

Like who?
Like any 18 year old who works hard at school, farm kids who help out on farm and still train 3 times a week with the team (they are mostly union boys though), people who hold a job and do well. Those who have to balance family and life, non drinkers, and most importantly NOOOOOOOOOO DICKHEADS. Its a five year process (jk) but we need to start with solid teens who know how to work and stay sane while doing it.

Like any 18 year old who works hard at school, farm kids who help out on farm and still train 3 times a week with the team (they are mostly union boys though), people who hold a job and do well. Those who have to balance family and life, non drinkers, and most importantly NOOOOOOOOOO DICKHEADS. Its a five year process (jk) but we need to start with solid teens who know how to work and stay sane while doing it.
Thats pretty much describing Corey Oates and half the forum want him gone too. It sounds nice, but where are these kids?

Thats pretty much describing Corey Oates and half the forum want him gone too. It sounds nice, but where are these kids?
They are out there, we need to rebuild the R&R team and look for others apart from listening to players managers and trying to find discards from other teams. If your to shit to be part of the Tigers why are we even wasting our time talking to you. Yes we will see some of these youngsters sign elsewhere, but if the focus is on attitude more so than raw talent, we will get worthwhile people, who we can mould at training. Why aren't we looking at Roma, Emerald, Rockhampton, Toowoomba, and other regional places. Who cares about catchment and feeder clubs, if there is a great young player playing for Gatton Hawks, snap him up if he has those qualities.
On Oates, he was awesome, we all loved him. But he allowed those close to him to inflate his ego and now he is to busy kicking stones to see that he can be that awesome player again if he listens to those who can see his flaws and weaknesses and he works on them, not papering over them by having a shit centre who doesn't feed him GOOD ball.

Watching kids like Suaalii get a massive contract based off nothing and hoping it happens for them or they'll kick up a stink.

Hence the need to foster a culture that rewards hard work and doesn't give players leverage like we've been doing for years. Those player options have been some of the worst decisions of any club in the league.

Watching kids like Suaalii get a massive contract based off nothing and hoping it happens for them or they'll kick up a stink.

Hence the need to foster a culture that rewards hard work and doesn't give players leverage like we've been doing for years. Those player options have been some of the worst decisions of any club in the league.
That’s all well and good and sounds incredible, but as someone who works with children, the future footy players, these people no longer exist in large numbers. I’d much rather sign players who would rather go fishing on the weekend than get pissed in the Valley and act like own the city. But parents aren’t fostering those sort of environments, instead we are getting these teenagers that want to party and **** around.

I feel like we have a pretty big fan base on here from all over Australia. Who are these players that should be signed from the middle of nowhere to fill the gaps of professional footy players with shitty attitudes? It’s just not realistic because the shitty attitudes players have are all too common.

The problem is that league families are often not the cream of the crop in terms of parenting. You need to target the kids who grow up in the country and / or kids who have always been talented but not always the best growing up and who have had to work hard to make rep teams because this is where the work ethic is. Those kids that are the biggest, fastest and strongest in their age groups often don’t have the work ethic or humility.

Some random shit I saw on IG saying some guy called Brent Read reckons Brandon Smith wants to move to SE QLD and is keen on the Broncos. This could mean nothing at all, but hey, thought I'd share it.

Some random shit I saw on IG saying some guy called Brent Read reckons Brandon Smith wants to move to SE QLD and is keen on the Broncos. This could mean nothing at all, but hey, thought I'd share it.

I think this was a couple of weeks ago. It’s between broncos and titans from memory

cliff notes version:

The Storm will release him for 2022, if they get compensation in the form of a player
his brother is in SE QLD, and his parents are relocating here from NZ in 2021
both Broncos and Titans have expressed interest
Read says Smith would be interested in the Broncos

Swap for Coates for 2021. Wingers are replaceable, top tier hookers are a hard find.

Last edited:
I'm reluctant to let coates walk, but should it pass that he signs with them an early release both ways works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.