Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Basically quote the post, copy the whole text box, go to this thread, paste. Continue discussion. Or do what Theshed did and just mention it here to start the discussion.

I'd really like the other thread to be purely sources rumours and signing news as a reference point, not a mish mash of rumours and discussion.

Fitzy

QCup Player
Sep 10, 2018
I don't believe it personally but if we somehow lose Dearden, all is lost for **** knows how long.
I don’t reckon we will Dearden says he wants to be a bronco for life... whilst that may not happen I don’t think he is gonna leave a few months after saying that

McHunt

State of Origin Rep
Aug 25, 2018
Daily Telegraph is reporting that Dearden is fielding offers from rival clubs and testing his value before he decides whether he wants to commit to the Broncos.

Did I post this in the correct thread?
Slow news day. Nothing to see here. Could write the same story about every player coming off contract. Of course his agent is testing his market value. You'd sue them for negligence if they didn't.

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This whole tangential-conversation started when Morepudding Morepudding posted that Bennett said he would fix Roberts (and failed to do so) when he signed him at the Rabbitohs, to which you replied with a photo of him in a Blues jersey and literally nothing else.

That is not evidence of Bennett fixing Roberts. He was already playing good football at the Titans (by your own stats, his output was the same (if not better) in 2015 to his best Broncos season in 2017). He had managed to stay out of trouble on the coast, avoiding the cocaine scandal involving other Titans players - so fair to say he came to the Broncos in a fairly reasonable headspace. He had also made his City debut at the Titans, which you would assume had him in calculations for his Origin debut.

He never played Origin under Bennett at the Rabbitohs, even though he was one of the incumbents in 2019.

This isn’t simply my opinion, these are the facts. If this conversation was about Bennett developing Roberts’ game, I could understand. But what any of what you have said (and perhaps most importantly, Roberts in a Blues jersey) has to do with Bennett fixing Roberts at the Rabbitohs, I still don’t know.
Actually it started earlier when Brent81 criticised Bennett's rationale for not signing Pearce when he had the chance. The post in question was connected to that conversation and it's odd that somebody would hold Roberts against Bennett when Roberts played his best footy under him. The proof is in the picture, when did he achieve higher representative honours? Surely there's a better example out there than Roberts?

I think Big Pete is too busy saying how good daddy Wayne is.

It triggers me how some people can’t see any fault in Bennett.

My comment was about Bennett basically saying the broncos / Seibold ruined Robert’s but that Wayne knows best and can fix him but no one else can.

Wayne is fairly self centred, he pretends he’s not but he is. He took Robert’s not because he thought he could fix him, but because he thought Robert’s could help him win a comp at the Rabbitohs whilst also throwing a shot at Brisbane. When he discovered that Robert’s wouldn’t help him win a premiership, he let him go, just like Wayne has done with hundreds of players in the past.

Time will tell when Wayne retires, but I’m confident that when he leaves the Rabbitohs, they will be in a worse position roster wise than when he joined them, just like was the case with the Broncos (both times), Dragons, and the most noteable, knights (don’t blame Tinkler, everyone knows Wayne brought in a bunch of oldies trying to win a comp)

Rubbish, I've been critical of Bennett in the past. However when we're discussing the most successful NRL coach in history, the good is largely going to outweigh the bad in a Rugby League context.

I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

Morepudding

NRL Player
Dec 16, 2015
Actually it started earlier when Brent81 criticised Bennett's rationale for not signing Pearce when he had the chance. The post in question was connected to that conversation and it's odd that somebody would hold Roberts against Bennett when Roberts played his best footy under him. The proof is in the picture, when did he achieve higher representative honours? Surely there's a better example out there than Roberts?

Rubbish, I've been critical of Bennett in the past. However when we're discussing the most successful NRL coach in history, the good is largely going to outweigh the bad in a Rugby League context.

I'll leave it there.

He hasn’t won a comp in over a decade and has gone through 4 clubs in that time. He’s clutching at straws clinging to hope he has another premiership in him, but he doesn’t.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
He hasn’t won a comp in over a decade and has gone through 4 clubs in that time. He’s clutching at straws clinging to hope he has another premiership in him, but he doesn’t.
I'd definitely put money on him and the Rabbitohs to do it this year

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Initial tests suggested it was either a severe compound fracture or a bit of a cut.

Understandable really, a conundrum for any amateur sleuth...I mean professional doctor. Not sure how I got those two mixed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamsmith
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.