Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably could have got him for minimum wage. I think you'd argue it's more about what he brings culturally than what he produces on field these days, but for that sort of money he's basically competing with someone like Gamble or Billy Walters for a spot and you'd argue he probably offers a little more than those guys.

More importantly, it is hard to argue he offers less than the useless guy getting paid 10 times any of these names provided.

Probably could have got him for minimum wage. I think you'd argue it's more about what he brings culturally than what he produces on field these days, but for that sort of money he's basically competing with someone like Gamble or Billy Walters for a spot and you'd argue he probably offers a little more than those guys.
No, you would not have got him for minimum wage. He wanted 400K to go to Townsville. He did not really want to move from Sydney. You may have got him for less if you were a club in Sydney.

No, you would not have got him for minimum wage. He wanted 400K to go to Townsville. He did not really want to move from Sydney. You may have got him for less if you were a club in Sydney.
He's literally already come here for minimum wage once before.

Yes, and I am telling you that this time, he wanted 400K to move to Townsville. So it would not have happened at minimum wage this time around. He rejected a one year offer of $300K to come to Brisbane, so it seems he was on way more than minimum wage even in 2017.

He came here before to get back into the NRL under Bennett's watch. He's got media gigs in Sydney, or at least he did and I assume they're still on, so coming up here would be at best a massive pain in the arse and more realistically a massive pay cut.

He came here before to get back into the NRL under Bennett's watch. He's got media gigs in Sydney, or at least he did and I assume they're still on, so coming up here would be at best a massive pain in the arse and more realistically a massive pay cut.
Yep, he knocked back a big money offer from Super League because he wanted to remain in Sydney.

I'd have been happy to have a shot at Corey Allan. I don't see why a two year deal for him at $300-400k would have represented bad value.

because he was demanding more than that

Didn't he reportedly sign for around $400-450k? That was well worth it.

500k was what i read ... and it was overs, IMO.

and based on the very small sample size, Walsh will be a much better player for us, and i don't want anything getting in the way of that. ATM, we have a placeholder in Isaako in the position, who will do a job for us until Walsh is ready

Didn't he reportedly sign for around $400-450k? That was well worth it.
He has performed well over a very limited sample size. Funny, handing out roughly 1/2 a mil contracts to players that have showed small glimpses is Paul White's MO, are you sure you hate him as much as you claim?

He has performed well over a very limited sample size. Funny, handing out roughly 1/2 a mil contracts to players that have showed small glimpses is Paul White's MO, are you sure you hate him as much as you claim?

See this is the thing, if you actually read and understood the original comments you would have recognised this isn't a Paul White kind of stupidity.

To reiterate, I have always been ok with offering Allan 400-450k for two years, that is a steal in my opinion. This is a guy who should have had three try assists in a deciding origin game! Two years gives us time to nurture Walsh and not have to put up with an Isaako or Niu in the meantime, both of whom look like they won't amount to anything in that position.

Allan is already a really good fullback and if Walsh comes on as he certainly looks like he might, then you have two really good fullbacks to choose from and you can always say thanks Cory, we are going with Walsh now though.

I mean, is it hurting the Roosters to have Tedesco in Suaalli's way?

Last edited:
500k was what i read ... and it was overs, IMO.

and based on the very small sample size, Walsh will be a much better player for us, and i don't want anything getting in the way of that. ATM, we have a placeholder in Isaako in the position, who will do a job for us until Walsh is ready
Isaako has been awful for nearly two full seasons now. I understand there are significant extenuating circumstances and I do hope like hell that he can turn it around because he seems like a thoroughly decent guy and his goal kicking is all class, but to leave a critical position like Fullback in the hands of a guy who has battled to hold a Wing spot for two years and an 18 year old kid who has barely played a game against grown men and barely played at all in nearly 18 months now is downright reckless and bordering on outright negligence.

It's simply inexcusable from the club to anybody who is an absolute sycophant, which is the only reason it doesn't seem to have bothered you.

Last edited:
If Allan isn't worth 400k-500k then Isaako should not be on any more than the minimum contract.
That's ridiculous. I get isaako has his faults and he had a shocking year last year, I'm also not his biggest fan. However, he has won games with clutch plays for us on multiple occasions and is a gun goalkìcker. The hype around Allan is crazy on here sometimes. He put in a shocker in origin yet it wasn't his fault, he has the highlights real of Lachlan maranta and his defensive efforts ar ee poor. I'm not saying he's a bad player at all, just that he isn't that far past average/solid-ish first graders, and if you're paying 500,000 for him you are desperate for a fullback, full stop

Isaako also almost lost us one of the 3 games we won last year, has dropped absolute sitters in our own 20 and has put the team under more defensive pressure than any other player has by doing so. There’s no excuses this year, although that was said last year about Milford and we found some..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.