Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say we somehow could still land Capewell, Mann and Walters, I just feel at least two of those guys will bring some much needed starch to the left side.

3. Mann
11. Capewell

is just infinitely better than

3. Kennar/whoever
11. Glenn

Why the heck did we make Glenn captain again? He shouldn't even be in the 17.

Let's say we somehow could still land Capewell, Mann and Walters, I just feel at least two of those guys will bring some much needed starch to the left side.

3. Mann
11. Capewell

3. Kennar/whoever
11. Glenn

Your comments have been retarted and irrational tonight I think you need to calm down get a grip and go to bed for crying out loud your acting like a child

3. Mann
11. Capewell

3. Kennar/whoever
11. Glenn

Capewell as a replacement for Glenn has a lot of appeal. $550k is probably on the slightly high side but it isn't outrageous overs to be fair.

Kurt Mann is thoroughly underrated, I'd be very happy to have him at the Broncos as a bit of a Mr Fixit. Even as a 5/8 he comfortably outplayed Milford last year.

Last edited:
Yep I’d be very happy to add Mann & Capewell into this side.
Especially after watching Saturday nights trial.
Surely we have the coin sitting there right now to get both to the club for this season.
Do it KW!

Yep I’d be very happy to add Mann & Capewell into this side.
Especially after watching Saturday nights trial.
Surely we have the coin sitting there right now to get both to the club for this season.
Do it KW!
If the number up our sleeve under the cap for this year is only around $500-600k or so then we definitely don't have enough.

If the number up our sleeve under the cap for this year is only around $500-600k or so then we definitely don't have enough.
Yeah but shouldn't we have 600k-ish free from Mccullough alone?

I'm starting to want the NRL to make contracts visible so we can see where all our money has gone, it beats me.

Last edited:

I'm starting to want the NRL to make contracts visible so we can see where all our money has gone, it beats me.
how good would it be that way we can see for sure how incompetent our club has been with what we offer our players.

and on flip side see what sort of salary cap wizards the roosters have been over these last few years.

100% Agree. We apparently have little money left... but we had a reported 700k for Fifita available for this season...
Add in the departures of Darius Boyd (400k), Jack Bird (650k) and Macca (300k) and with no high profile signings, where is the transparency from the club?
I'd be expecting at a minimum we are going after a superstar, say Cameron Munster, with at least a 1.2M offer for next season.

100% Agree. We apparently have little money left... but we had a reported 700k for Fifita available for this season...
Add in the departures of Darius Boyd (400k), Jack Bird (650k) and Macca (300k) and with no high profile signings, where is the transparency from the club?
I'd be expecting at a minimum we are going after a superstar, say Cameron Munster, with at least a 1.2M offer for next season.
There are no Cam Munster level superstars on the market. He would be an amazing addition though.

On an unrelated note, I would be asking Donaghy to immediately get on the phone to Billy Slater and ghee up some one on one coaching sessions with Walsh. Paps has spoken about how much his game improved once he started working with Bill.

Even $600K isn't buying you anything close to Capewell and Mann. You'd get one of them and some change, but you're way off securing both.

We really arent that far away from a sorted squad under the right coaching. We basically need a fullback, half and quality defensive centres. We will learn this season if Niu/Staggs/Farnworth works out. So many are off contract this season, so its easy to clean the squad out of dead wood if necessary. Plenty of cash, far from panic stations.

Walsh covers FB in time - patience and training.
Half i have no answer for in the next two seasons.
The forwards - patience and training.

We really arent that far away from a sorted squad under the right coaching. We basically need a fullback, half and quality defensive centres. We will learn this season if Niu/Staggs/Farnworth works out. So many are off contract this season, so its easy to clean the squad out of dead wood if necessary. Plenty of cash, far from panic stations.

You’re more or less correct, though I think our forward pack is still missing an experienced leader. Someone like McGuire would be perfect if he wasn’t such an apparent punish to be around.

You’re more or less correct, though I think our forward pack is still missing an experienced leader. Someone like McGuire would be perfect if he wasn’t such an apparent punish to be around.
I have hope that Lodge can clean his game up and Carrigan/Asiata take on strong leader roles. TPJ will always be a hot head i think. Haas is a better player with his raw agression rather than trying to be a pure workhorse.

Right, so two out of four spine positions, which also happen to be two of the most important and most expensive positions to recruit for - Half and Fullback, and quality Centres, which are also at an absolute price premium right now because Centre quality and depth across the NRL is at historically a very low level right now.

Sounds to me like we are a very long way from being 'sorted'.

Right, so two out of four spine positions, which also happen to be two of the most important and most expensive positions to recruit for - Half and Fullback, and quality Centres, which are also at an absolute price premium right now because Centre quality and depth across the NRL is at historically a very low level right now.

Sounds to me like we are a very long way from being 'sorted'.
FB is sorted, we just have to manage it in between.
Half, thats the issue ive outlined, so we are in agreeance?
Centres, theres a lot on the line for all 3. They bomb out this year, they bomb their futures for the mid term. Kevvie has a great timing opportunity to squeeze the best out of them.

FB is sorted, we just have to manage it in between.
Half, thats the issue ive outlined, so we are in agreeance?
Centres, theres a lot on the line for all 3. They bomb out this year, they bomb their futures for the mid term. Kevvie has a great timing opportunity to squeeze the best out of them.
I don’t think any club with major question marks over at least half, but realistically, probably ALL of its spine positions, not to mention also has virtually no depth to back up any of the front runners for those positions, can lay claim to be anything even close to ‘sorted’ roster wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • something
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • pennywisealfie
  • jd87
  • Old Mate
  • HarryAllan7
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.