Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let Milford and Dearden walk (if he doesn’t want to be patient and learn). SJ and Reynolds should both be targeted heavily together.
We can’t get them both it’s a one or the other situation

We’re virtually the only club that turns a sizeable profit and we have 6 comps (in the modern era, not meme premierships like the rorters and south’s claim from 100 years ago) in the bank. We’re shit currently, but all sporting sides go through such periods.
If only Milford would take a pay cut and realise Reynolds would be the tonic he needs

Smith and one or both of Widdop and Arey for next year would be lovely.

Offer Dearden to the cows for Lolo as well, maybe they’re dumb enough to take it: they’ve made worse decisions in their time.
Widdop is putrid

Smith and one or both of Widdop and Arey for next year would be lovely.

Offer Dearden to the cows for Lolo as well, maybe they’re dumb enough to take it: they’ve made worse decisions in their time.
I wonder if we offered them Dearden and Flegler for Lolo they’d take it cause they definitely wouldn’t take Dearden alone

We can’t get them both it’s a one or the other situation
We need both so why not??
Milf = 1 mil, assume Dearden $150k.
Bird, McCullough and Offa dead money off our books - hopefully a couple of hundred.
Offer Arey and Johnson both $750 = 1.5m.
Even if we let some other dead wood go to make it happen i.e cowboys take Big Red Flegler. It’s glaringly obvious we need to fix the spine first.

Better than what we have available atm
Maybe 5 years ago, I just don't think he's what we need at all . If you put him in the team atm , i don't see him changing much.

The tonic Milford needs is only served on a plane leaving Australia.
We say that jokingly... but that is exactly what he needs... him in super league would dominate... his boot would be lethal against there lesser quality players and as a result he could gain great confidence from it

I would keep Milford on a reduced contract, the 400-500k mentioned previously is about right, less if he’ll stay for that obviously, 1 year with an option in the clubs favour. I think he would be a great 14 plus cover for halves and fullback. I reckon i’d put him in Q cup and let him run rings around those boys for a while (hopefully). Let him get a bit of confidence back. Put him at Easts with special K.

I think its all going to end in tears with Staggs at 6. We should be putting our efforts and money into a 9 and 7, not a makeshift 6 with no track record.
Nah. He’ll get Kev’s famous 4 rounds to prove he is up to 6, then if he is no good, ”this is what the team needs” Staggs at 4...

Nah. He’ll get Kev’s famous 4 rounds to prove he is up to 6, then if he is no good, ”this is what the team needs” Staggs at 4...
That is shocking absolutely disgraceful... I cannot believe, I really can not believe it your not even gonna consider Staggs at 3

We say that jokingly... but that is exactly what he needs... him in super league would dominate... his boot would be lethal against there lesser quality players and as a result he could gain great confidence from it

He would rather retire than leave the country imo.

He would rather retire than leave the country imo.
Yeah but he’d also rather his free broncos burger after a game on the weekend instead of playing footy and getting a new contract... the man doesn’t know what’s good for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Dazza 92
  • broncotville
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Ondi
  • RolledOates
  • Kev_Guz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.