Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would be absolutely insane not to capitalize. 2 year deal with a third in the clubs favor, and throw in the captaincy as a sweetener. We won't be able to squeeze him in for the remainder of this season but next year, he can have most of Milford's money. 700-800k.

I doubt the captaincy will entice Adam Reynolds at this stage of his career. He has a young family and is looking at potentially his last contract. At the end of the day its going to come down to $$$ and years. Souths have already tried the trick of a two year deal with the second year in the clubs favor. They said no, the Broncos proposing a clubs option may back fire and look as their being too tricky. Frankly, their right, a third year in the clubs favor means squat if the club doesn't exercise the option.

Reynolds original proposal to Souths was a three year deal with no club option. I doubt he will be looking for anything less on the open market.

I'd happily give A Rey, 3x 750k. He's an elite kicker, his game doesn't rely on speed. He's averaged like 19 games a season so injury prone is an exaggeration.
He'd be 33 coming into his 3rd year contract, not old at all for a Halfback.

Reynolds on a 2yr deal @ 800k would be a good deal from the clubs perspective imo.
We also need a quality 9 and 1, but I’d love to see Herbie get a shot at 1 once the club finally admits we aren’t making the 8, unfortunately they live in fairy land and somehow think it’s still possible.
Hetherington or Paix to come onto the bench and share the role with Turps would also be a much better use of the bench instead of swapping Dearden with Croft for the last 10mins of the game when it’s done and dusted.

Reynolds on a 2yr deal @ 800k would be a good deal from the clubs perspective imo. Or, 3yrs @ 700k if that is what it takes to land him.
We also need a quality 9 and 1, but I’d love to see Herbie get a shot at 1 once the club finally admits we aren’t making the 8, unfortunately they live in fairy land and somehow think it’s still possible.
Hetherington or Paix to come onto the bench and share the role with Turps would also be a much better use of the bench instead of swapping Dearden with Croft for the last 10mins of the game when it’s done and dusted.

Nope. Anthony Milford will find a team in the NRL. Apparently Broncos a deliberately going quiet on the talk of Adam Reynolds because they don't want to upset Milford and Tom Dearden. You are more likely to drop your bundle and not play your best if you find out that you won't be returning. I would say Milford's manager isn't hunting because Milford wants to stay and it's been reported that this is the case.

Milford though could be a good fit in England. Blake Austin who has a similar style to Milford as a running half has been going great guns over there. Whether Milford would go is another question.
I reckon Milfs got a fair idea about what’s going on if reports are true about Staggs being offered the 6 next season.
Dearden looks to be the long term future at halfback ( maybe), leaving Milf with nowhere to sit when the music stops. The whole Reynolds thing will help us if we are looking at putting some pressure on Dearden to commit. I’d be surprised if we have gone cold on Reynolds because we weren’t too worried about Milfs feelings when Kevvie offered his jersey to Staggs next season or when Kevvie came out and said “doesn’t look good for contract renewal for milf”and now we have competition for the halfback role with Reynolds putting his hand up. Dearden isn’t our only decent option anymore... If he wants in for the right reasons ( which I hope he does because I think he’s a beauty) he signs a deal. If he wants another tour of the clownsville facilities and string us along with his manager trying to get us to pay overs for a kid. See ya later, welcome aboard Mr Reynolds.
Now we need 9. That’s the real headache.

Lol imagine saying “only developed Lockyer and Boyd” as a critique of someone’s ability to develop spine players.

Let’s not think about what he did with Berrigan, or what he achieved with Jamie Soward and Hornby

I'm not for or against this particular argument but I don't think you can say Bennett DEVELOPED Soward or Hornby. He did however figure out how best to use them. They were already decent players when he inherited them, though he certainly got them playing to and above their potential.

As for Berrigan, credit to that one but also, Berrigan was a gun wherever you put him, this is why I would love for us to sign Watson from the Knights.

Who's the trade then
They’re sending over a couple of boxes of Perky Nana’s. Management figured that would be sufficient. Although I think we actually had to buy the chocolates.

I think you've gotta go all in on Reynolds. We can longer afford to pick potential over proven.

I think if you get Reynolds its all pretty straight forward and you build around him. If milf and Deardon and co want to walk let them.

A few scenarios i think we aim for are: If Deardon wants to walk let him and keep milf on the smallest contract he'll take. I wouldn't be supprised if he stays for 300-400k. He seems comfortable here and Milf loves comfort. Reynolds is exactly the kind of player he needs besisde him.

If Milf goes then Deardon stays and plays beside Reynolds and does a 2 year apprenticeship before taking over to run the side.

If they both wanna take off i think croft would even work beside him as a running 5/8th or get staggs in there. In the instance we have a staggs / out and out running 5/8th then we raid the young tallented halves elswhere and prep them to take over post Reynolds.

IF and its a big IF we really wanted to make a statement we chase both Reynolds and Johnson or Reynolds B.Smtih or maybe Reynolds and widdop. Piss Milf and his 1 million off and we no longer pay for offa, bird, macca and no upgrade for Deardon i think its an option they should explore.

Its simoly unimaginable how having a quality game managing experienced halfback changes your side.

Reynolds is really opening his arsecheeks to us:
Hi Brent

HScreenshot 2021 04 10 Brent Read on Twitter1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• dasherhalo
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.