Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to the CM it is a train and trial contract, he will be considered for selection from next week

the only new quotes from Souths Logan coach Steve Bretherton

“He has been really good for our club,” he said.

“I wouldn’t say he has set the world on fire but his experience has been great and he’s been good for our young blokes.

“I’m not sure if he’s going to the Broncos but if he gets a chance, I’d be really happy for him.”

If it's a train/trial deal he can't play next week.

It does have an air of Michael De Vere 2009 about it, but I don't mind offering him a train and trial deal. Who knows? It may improve his form which would only make him a better asset for the Magpies.

If it's a train/trial deal he can't play next week.

fair enough ... i'm not surprised Badel is wrong.

although he only implies next week as he says he'll be available for selection after tonight's match (which could technically mean round 11 or whenever the train and trial ISC players (from outside a clubs top 30) can play

**** me. Kevvie is in panic mode.
For the first time since he's been our coach he has said this isn't my roster.
His bench rotation is poor, his handling of the halves is confusing and now this Hunt signing.
I think he is losing his way.
He is acting like he thought he could walk in and just turn this around and now the penny has dropped as to how big the job really is

His bench rotation is poor, his handling of the halves is confusing and now this Hunt signing.
He is acting like he thought he could walk in and just turn this around and now the penny has dropped as to how big the job really is
Yeah bringing in experience and leadership to this squad of rudderless kids is panic mode. If he signs an experienced halfback we will know he is in full panic mode.

Yeah bringing in experience and leadership to this squad of rudderless kids is panic mode. If he signs an experienced halfback we will know he is in full panic mode.
I blocked you for a reason.
Now you are admin I can't but I liked it the way it was.
You cant converse without being a sarcastic smartarse.

It has been mentioned but it is always, nah he won't leave the Roosters, they don't lose anyone they want and no one leaves, why bother. Word for word almost from an umber of talking heads on Fox. Then they all move on.
It was funny on 360 last night they were talking about Walker or Crichton and Lara said something like "you know... the rules" in regards to talking about roosters recruitment and whichever player it was that is currently available... it's like she let slip a directive that they're not meant to talk about roosters players or something

It was funny on 360 last night they were talking about Walker or Crichton and Lara said something like "you know... the rules" in regards to talking about roosters recruitment and whichever player it was that is currently available... it's like she let slip a directive that they're not meant to talk about roosters players or something

for that comment, i think she was talking about the "unwritten rule" about poaching Roosters players.

a rule that Barrett complied with for about 10 seconds, lol

I nearly had conniptions over the news but I don't see the harm in a train and trial. Let's face it, he's a club legend with valuable experience who represented Australia in both League and Union. He's already working with some of their players in the lower grades, so why not make it official and have him come into training as an unofficial player/coach? He wants to get into coaching so this gives him an opportunity to be hands on and lend his expertise to the playmakers. I still think he's leap years away from NRL but it could make him a more valuable asset for the Magpies which is important because the Broncos need these young players to improve.

Kev still needs to be smart about the remaining roster spots but this signing just seems like a smart use of the train and trial system.

I blocked you for a reason.
Now you are admin I can't but I liked it the way it was.
You cant converse without being a sarcastic smartarse.
Didn’t realise you had me blocked, I won’t respond to any of your future posts unless it is to provide moderation.

Ugh, that was forgettable return, completely off the pace and nipped in the bud before it got any worse.
I'd say it was more unforgettable than anything, less than 10 mins in total in 1 game and its still remembered 12 years onward. 😜

You say this like he ever had a way.
Kevvie was going to be a disaster the moment he stepped into Red Hill. He’s not an NRL Head Coach.

You say this like he ever had a way.
Kevvie was going to be a disaster the moment he stepped into Red Hill. He’s not an NRL Head Coach.
Tend to agree. I think everyone at the top knows this and were hoping Kev would take the fall, eventually.
Hate to break it to you guys but I have Kevvie's business card at it reads: BRISBANE BRONCOS HEAD COACH

Tend to agree. I think everyone at the top knows this and were hoping Kev would take the fall, eventually.
Think that’s the point. They got slammed so much last time for not hiring him so can now point at it next time and say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.