Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is finding suitable replacements for those positions, quality players aren't all going to come available at once.
You get who you can and you offer 1 year contracts to qcup players to fill number if you have to, to make sure we're as strong as possible for the future. It's not going to be fun but the roster needs to be rebuilt. We might need a pretty lean year next year but if it means we're strong in 2023 onwards it'll be worth it.

Why the F would Kev give up details like that, if so, KW needs to be sacked.
Yeah, sorry I don’t think that is actually the case regarding 5 years. I think Joey is just an idiot but it does at least suggest how bad the cap currently is.

This would have me believe those listed are well and truly in the crosshairs.

It would be so unbelievably long overdue.

So much behind the scenes goes into the product we see on the field each week. It's not just the head coach at training and then the players at the game - there's an entire support network in place to ensure the highest standard of performance on the field.

Successful teams can make average players look good and create an environment where its easy for players to thrive by manufacturing circumstances which allow players to perform at their peak through their off-field staff, who are just as key to club success as the players on it - only with little to no accountability.

How many times have we watched the physio team misdiagnose or mismanage player injuries over the past few years. We've seen decisions which even a basic level of physio understanding would indicate were completely wrong and one of my friends who is on the medical team for the Raiders / Mounties often confirms to me that what he's seeing from the Broncos off-field staff is amateur at best.

A mate of mine is a first grade player (not going to name names) and he came up through the Tigers system with limited success before going to a marquee club where he suddenly put it all together and looked a star. He explained just how big the gulf is between poorly run teams and those at the top - saying that at the Tigers, players were spending their last moments before running out asking each other to borrow strapping tape (which many players had to buy themselves) and scrambling to find tape like a bunch of under 15's kids before a school game on a Saturday morning, with players fighting to get their hands on the one roll of tape being passed around pre-kickoff - then the club and its fans wonder why the players get injured, start the game poorly or are unprepared or frazzled.

This is a no-brainer for the Broncos, who have the resources and financial position to take every conceivable step to put the best possible off-field staff together as a foundation for on-field results, because even the little stuff makes a huge tangible difference. There is no excuse for accepting anything other than the best off-field system in the competition, otherwise we can sign and cut whoever we want and we won't be maximising our chance of on-field success. The whole club needs a turnaround, not just the team.

Yeah, sorry I don’t think that is actually the case regarding 5 years. I think Joey is just an idiot but it does at least suggest how bad the cap currently is.
I think they are using the cap as an excuse to get rid of the deadwood. Sounds better to say "we are letting you go because we are in cap trouble" as opposed to "we think you are fucking shit and have no business playing in the NRL".

Jesus F-ing Christ, how long did we sign Fleg Tomler for ?? Does he really have another two years to go ?

I think they are using the cap as an excuse to get rid of the deadwood. Sounds better to say "we are letting you go because we are in cap trouble" as opposed to "we think you are fucking shit and have no business playing in the NRL".
that's exactly it.. the conversations going on behind closed doors about the value & output of these players who're in the gun would sound vastly different to what we hear on television

We do have good players and i agree, some will go on to be very good elsewhere, and if we were performing better as a team TPJ would still be useful. But we arent, losing is ingrained in us now and we need to make changes.

In regards to Pangai, he has looked good, and he has been a weapon in attack, but you see people like Slater constantly picking his defence apart with how passive and lazy he is in defence. He can put on a big shots which get everyone hyped up, but he doesnt compete for 80 mins as well as he could. He is pretty much a walking highlight reel in someways which masks what he doesnt do.
Exactly, need to shake the losing mentally. The way I see it Kevvie has given most the opportunity to show what they got for 15 rnds and

The problem is finding suitable replacements for those positions, quality players aren't all going to come available at once.
There's some quality on the market this year and next , we just need a balance of solid and star players to fill the gaps with a youngsters.
Already got our 7 and if we can pickup Capewell , sua and Gagai for a few seasons plus a quality 9,6 or 1 then we can definitely be start the process of building a quality product. Add in some asute signings in the coaching and recruitment staff we should be at least heading in the right direction.

There's some quality on the market this year and next , we just need a balance of solid and star players to fill the gaps with a youngsters.
Already got our 7 and if we can pickup Capewell , sua and Gagai for a few seasons plus a quality 9,6 or 1 then we can definitely be start the process of building a quality product. Add in some asute signings in the coaching and recruitment staff we should be at least heading in the right direction.
Yes we need to sign Neil Henry ASAP.

Terry Matterson might be gone too. Like I said, Walters needed to get the best assistants in and hopefully DD has told him to find someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Bish
  • The Strapper
  • kiwi2
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.