Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Green is very good friends with ikin. Ikin got him the job as qld coach due to ikins qrl role. 🙈
Green being appointed Qld coach kind of reminded me of when Bellamy coached NSW.

I don't really want Green here. Or think he can solve the Broncos problems, bit like Bellamy I think he is far more suited to club level than representative level coaching.

Green being appointed Qld coach kind of reminded me of when Bellamy coached NSW.

I don't really want Green here. Or think he can solve the Broncos problems, bit like Bellamy I think he is far more suited to club level than representative level coaching.
Greens management of players at the cows was horrendous. He should never be allowed near the club.

I'm also very sceptical about ikin joining the club. He was unsuccessful at the cowboys in a management capacity and this role is a different beast to playing golf 4 days a week and hosting a footy show.
He has also been part of the qrl board for 4 years and we have seen the qrl go backwards in that time.

I think one of the bigger issues with playing Staggs at 6 is that he is a predominantly right sided player and a lot of his weapons are suited to the right side. However, Reynolds has been a right side half his whole career.

So who gets the right side half spot?

I would think Reynolds gets it mainly because of his kicking game. I believe it is generally preferred for a right footer to be kicking from the right side of the field, so given how important Reynolds' kicking game will be for the team I think it is a must for him to be on the right.

But whatever the decision on left or right for the halves there will be some sort of negative impact on whoever then has to play the left. I don't think we can have that sort of uncertainty or detrimental impact on our players, because we are just not in a position squad wise to be taking unnecessary risks... especially ones that could result in chopping and changing throughout the year.

Staggs is a dominant right center, play him there and work on ways to get him the ball

Reynolds is a right sided half with dominant kicking game... play him in his preferred right sided position and give him a qualified 5/8 to work with
Makes too much sense. Your banned.

Paul Green is very good friends with ikin. Ikin got him the job as qld coach due to ikins qrl role. 🙈
Also Ikin would have something to do with Greens QRL contract which has a clause allowing him to leave should he get an NRL coaching opportunity.

Also Ikin would have something to do with Greens QRL contract which has a clause allowing him to leave should he get an NRL coaching opportunity.
Every origin coach has that.

If Green gets appointed coach then you are effectively claiming that Ikin has more power than DD.... so what is it.

Does DD have a big swinging dick that he likes to throw around the room or will he be Ikin's puppet and allow himself to be manipulated and hire incompetence?

Ikin is in the same role as what Nolan was in and last time I checked Nolan didn't sack or hire Bennett, Seibold or Walters.... because he has zero power over head coaching appointments

Every origin coach has that.

If Green gets appointed coach then you are effectively claiming that Ikin has more power than DD.... so what is it.

Does DD have a big swinging dick that he likes to throw around the room or will he be Ikin's puppet and allow himself to be manipulated and hire incompetence?

Ikin is in the same role as what Nolan was in... and last time I checked Nolan didn't sack or hire Bennett, Seibold or Walters.... because he has zero power over head coaching appointments
I hope to god we do not end up with Green. Hopefully KW can turn things round. Lockyer is mates with Green too and he will certainly have a say.

After that tough loss for QLD all i want to know is if Gagai and Capewell just played on their new home grounds for 2022 :happy::happy:

Paul Green surely can't remain Origin coach

2 games in and he's picked Cowboys players wherever they can possibly be picked and they've all sucked ass

Holmes, nothing special, just a solid job at the back when NSW have 3 genuine superstar fullbacks to choose from
Feldt, absolutely shocking tonight, in the last game he wasn't much better either
Molo, didn't do much but you can excuse him for that given he was on debut off the bench and in the middle

Hess 18th man, what the fk has he done to deserve to even be in the squad?

You watch, Granville will replace McCullough in Game 3, sack him

Paul Green surely can't remain Origin coach

2 games in and he's picked Cowboys players wherever they can possibly be picked and they've all sucked ass

Holmes, nothing special, just a solid job at the back when NSW have 3 genuine superstar fullbacks to choose from
Feldt, absolutely shocking tonight, in the last game he wasn't much better either
Molo, didn't do much but you can excuse him for that given he was on debut off the bench and in the middle

Hess 18th man, what the fk has he done to deserve to even be in the squad?

You watch, Granville will replace McCullough in Game 3, sack him
Queensland's depth is horrifying though at the moment. Shouldnt Walters, Payten and Holbrook be working together to fix that? Or does the modern club game mean origin isn't in the thinking of the Queensland clubs anymore?

While it sucks to see QLD lose so badly, at least as Broncos supporters we can be thankful we didn't fork out for Fifita or Coates. Those are two lazy plods that are going nowhere in their careers.

While it sucks to see QLD lose so badly, at least as Broncos supporters we can be thankful we didn't fork out for Fifita or Coates. Those are two lazy plods that are going nowhere in their careers.
Yeah, if fifita cannot run a decent line off munster or DCE he would not be able to run a line off our current or future halves.

Teams are starting to learn how to manage him and he is not changing/developing his game, which is what you would expect of a player on that coin.

Titans have ruined Fifita by offering him insane money. Almost no youngster can handle that money without slacking off.

What's the motivation to perform when you're the highest paid player in the game already? There's nothing to aim for. You could say premierships but he wouldn't have went to the Titans if that was his ambition.

Paying 1M+ for unproven youngsters is the epitome of stupidity and it's why the Titans are years off being genuine threats. Good for him though, if any employer offers you that when you don't deserve it, you take it and run. If he's smarter with his money than he is with his football, he has enough to be set for life. He'd have 2m+ after tax within 3 years.

Queensland's depth is horrifying though at the moment. Shouldnt Walters, Payten and Holbrook be working together to fix that? Or does the modern club game mean origin isn't in the thinking of the Queensland clubs anymore?
So develop qld players for the storm and rorters to sign when they’re ready to go?

So develop qld players for the storm and rorters to sign when they’re ready to go?

Pretty much. When a select few clubs have the pick of the litter while the NRL intentionally turns a blind eye to it, what can other clubs do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Strop
  • The Don
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • broncs30
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.