Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m calling it now. Kurt Capewell has signed with us. Guaranteed this time. The offer the cowboys have given Finucane would suggest they missed out on Capewell otherwise they could not afford an offer to both.

Yep I was thinking this too.

I’m calling it now. Kurt Capewell has signed with us. Guaranteed this time. The offer the cowboys have given Finucane would suggest they missed out on Capewell otherwise they could not afford an offer to both.

Yep I was thinking this too.

same ... that was the first thought that came to my mind when i saw the Cows had made a formal offer for Finucane

I want Capewell but I think finucane is a smarter signing for either of our teams if I had to choose.
Stuff the worries about his age or injuries, look at what he brings on and off the field.

Wild speculation but I think the Capewell deal seems to be connected to TPJ being moved on - which may be the hold up.

I think Gagai now flirting with a knights return and the sudden 180 regarding Oates being in the clubs plans suggests that potential option has gone cold.

No idea who else is on the table - maybe Sua still. Lockyer did say Kev will be happy with some of the new signings so it implies there’s a few more to come.

Last week’s news,

Last week’s news,
Yeah but that has not been confirmed by anyone has it? No. As of last week a deal was not on the table from cowboys to Finucane either. I think you will find that because of that offer capewell is no longer an option for them

I feel like those wanting Folau are the same people that were obsessed with KHunt returning. They aren’t the players you think are.

Except the two are very different.

Folau killed it in his return to Rugby League and showed he still has it in him to be a very good player at the top level.

It's a very different story when it comes to Hunt.

Yeah but that has not been confirmed by anyone has it? No. As of last week a deal was not on the table from cowboys to Finucane either. I think you will find that because of that offer capewell is no longer an option for them
We've got him. Source: trust me.

I want Capewell but I think finucane is a smarter signing for either of our teams if I had to choose.
Stuff the worries about his age or injuries, look at what he brings on and off the field.
We need Edge Forwards, particularly experienced and competent ones, desperately.

Middle Forwards are hardly a priority for us right now.

Particularly if Lodge is staying.
If we somehow offloaded both Lodge and TPJ perhaps Finucane would be relevant for us, but I don't see why we'd be doing that given Finucane won't come cheap either and essentially does the same job as Lodge with less long term prospects.

Today's CM, amidst a list of future Maroons.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 07 01 at 09 06 10 Maroons Origin side of 2027 8211 plus Boom Boys of t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.