Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Riki has done absolutely **** all and Piakura hasn't even played for us. They might end up being fantastic but they need to force their way into the team, esp now that we've got them locked down.
I think Riki has been one of the biggest disappointments this year. I thought he would really build on what he showed last year as well as the All Stars game but he seemed to go backwards in the early opportunities he got in the side.

Definitely the right attributes to develop into a good backrower, just hope our coaching team is up to it.

Now that we have a bit of $ free for 2022, I’d really like to see us push hard to try and get B.Smith. I know Melbourne have said that they would want an equivalent quality swap (and I’m not sure who that would be outside of Haas or Staggs) but I think we should be trying to get it done. Possibly a 2 for 1 player swap.
He would be massive for this squad and I’m sure Reynolds would love to have him at the club.
I’d offer the likes of Fleggler + Oates, 2 origin rep players :facepalmwastaken:

If you had to, I'd offer them Riki because I think he is going to turn into a very, very good player and it would be a win for both parties, no need to throw Oates in too. We can get by without Riki and he'd turn into a gun at the Storm, it would be a win for both parties.

Personally I think Riki has done absolutely **** all and Piakura hasn't even played for us. They might end up being fantastic but they need to force their way into the team, esp now that we've got them locked down.
I agree, we need competition for spots and can't just be handing starting positions to any young guy that shows promise.. They need to learn that they need to earn the position in the line up.

Yeah look he isn't coming and we all know that but it isn't the worst idea I've heard from @upthebroncs and there have been some absolute shockers.

I don't think we need another second rower per se at all but I would like one more depth forward and Martin could be a lock in the current game. All that said, I'd want him for minimum wage which he won't come for and nor will we ask, so it is all a moot point.
300k I'd be happy with.

Won't we need to replace Alex Glenn? John Asiata? Tevita Pangai? Matt Lodge?

We need replacements..

Think he said dotting I's and crossing the t's so still could be a week or 2. Hopping it happens because it would make the other rumour about the origin player have some legs. Hopefully Mo , tino,Welch, or Ponga
Maybe Hammer?

Wayne:

“I don’t know where ‘Milf’ will end up, but Jason is pretty close to Anthony. Jason likes him and has worked with him so there might be an opportunity here. Jason would be happy to have him at the club, but I don’t know what Milf is chasing and how much money the club has left in the cap. Jason knows Milf can play and they worked well together at the Broncos, but it depends on Souths — they might have other plans around their halfback because I won’t be there next year.”

Milford:

“I’ve got two young girls so my family comes first now — I will go wherever I need to for them and what best suits my football. I honestly believe I have more in me. I’m only 27. I know the hunger and the passion is there. I still love playing the game so hopefully a fresh start can be good for me.”

Souths have offered Gagai a one year deal ~ $450k. Brisbane are baulking at the price:

“Dane is a player that remains on our radar, but at this point in time we are not in a position to table anything for him, It will be a wait-and-see scenario. It depends what we can afford.”

McHunt

Not the first time Wayne has jumped at a milf..

Surely we wouldn’t be trying to get Gagai and Hammer. Especially after already getting brenko and renewing arthars.

Yes especially silly if we are planning on holding onto Niu..
I like what Niu has shown the past few weeks (besides the brain fart last week missing the ball). I think if he trains in the position more he could be good there, and if reports of Cobbo being the future are true he can be the fallback.

only way I see it making sense getting hammer as well as gagai is if we are getting rid of Isaako or Oates.

I like what Niu has shown the past few weeks (besides the brain fart last week missing the ball). I think if he trains in the position more he could be good there, and if reports of Cobbo being the future are true he can be the fallback.

only way I see it making sense getting hammer as well as gagai is if we are getting rid of Isaako or Oates.
Yeah I'm not even going to judge Niu too much on this years performances.. I mean.. Why did he start the year in the centres?.. That was just dumb if we didn't plan to persist with him there..

Niu needs a whole pre-season at fullback if we are going to play him there.

He doesn't look like he was conditioned this pre season for the fullback position. He looks like he was beefed up for the centre spot... I dare say he's lost some of his speed in the past year.

I hope we are getting rid of Isaako

I hope we are getting rid of Isaako
That backflip last week was a big no no for me. I like his enthusiasm, but he'll need to do more than catch a pass and stroll over the try line to earn the right to be flipping around. It made me cringe and not just because he nearly kicked the ref, didn't land the flip and didn't actually didn't even score a try..

We win a few games this year and act/celebrate when we win like we've won the state of origin series. It's a bit of a joke.

That backflip last week was a big no no for me. I like his enthusiasm, but he'll need to do more than catch a pass and stroll over the try line to earn the right to be flipping around. It made me cringe and not just because he nearly kicked the ref, didn't land the flip and didn't actually didn't even score a try..

We win a few games this year and act/celebrate when we win like we've won the state of origin series. It's a bit of a joke.

I have many problems with Isaako but a try celebration for charity is the least of them.

I have many problems with Isaako but a try celebration for charity is the least of them.
Oh, it was for charity?... Had no idea if that's the case.. I thought he was showboating.. What charity asks people to backflip on TV after scoring a try in the NRL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.