Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos have knocked back extending Danny Levi. Looks like he'll be headed to the ESL after all. They've also passed on giving Will Chambers a last hurrah.

Shame about Levi, he would have been a good cheap alternative to Turpin moving forward. Hopefully Paix can stay uninjured longer than five minutes.

I also haven't forgotten our need for a genuine fullback either. Interesting to see how it plays out at Parra with Gutherson. I'd definitely put him ahead of Manu and surely we'd have the $1M available in 2023...

He was so good for the Broncos in 2015 (iirc). What was the knock on him / reason why he wasn't retained beyond that season ?
I'm not sure.. But when he went to Manly he was good too..

I always thought if he stayed in the NRL he would have been the next QLD hooker after Cam Smith.. I think we wouldn't have been picking Andrew McCullough if there was an in form Matt Parcell in the NRL. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I also haven't forgotten our need for a genuine fullback either. Interesting to see how it plays out at Parra with Gutherson. I'd definitely put him ahead of Manu and surely we'd have the $1M available in 2023...
If gutho is asking for any more then 200,000 less id put him ahead for sure. If gutho is asking for more then 850,000 though I wouldn't bother, and I wouldnt go above 950,000 for manu so his asking is already too high from all reports. A full season after season at fullback is very, very different from moonlighting there.

Titans appatently offered Mo fotuaika a extension beyond next season but he rejected it.. would be the perfect partner for Haas up front I'd say they'd be good mates too as they went to Keebra together.

With a more experienced front row in 23 with 2 origin players, reynolds at 7, capewell on the edge, gamble will be a senior member along with staggs and hopefully land Manu you could nearly take a punt on the young bloke Mozer if he's up to it.. he'll have roughly 6 months of Qcup being 18-19 by 23, have Turpin or Paix start and him come off the bench..
If not you sign B.Smith.. don't waste money on anyone else that's not a top 4 Hooker

Willison extends! Man this club “WAS” run by absolute numpty’s for far to long.

kicking goals now
Yessss, what a gun!

How good!!!!! Nice one DDikin.
Would be an amazing middle if we managed to get this in 2023

8. Haas
10. Willison
13. Fotuaika

Even without Fotuaika, that front row combination of Haas and Willison is one that could stand for a decade.

I think we'd probably be better off saving the money on Fotuaika and using it to retain Willison while playing one of Robati / Bullemor / Carrigan / Flegler / Hetherington at lock.

8. Haas
10. Willison
13. Carrigan / Flegler / Bullemor / Robati / Hetherington

Titans appatently offered Mo fotuaika a extension beyond next season but he rejected it.. would be the perfect partner for Haas up front I'd say they'd be good mates too as they went to Keebra together.

With a more experienced front row in 23 with 2 origin players, reynolds at 7, capewell on the edge, gamble will be a senior member along with staggs and hopefully land Manu you could nearly take a punt on the young bloke Mozer if he's up to it.. he'll have roughly 6 months of Qcup being 18-19 by 23, have Turpin or Paix start and him come off the bench..
If not you sign B.Smith.. don't waste money on anyone else that's not a top 4 Hooker
Heard he bought a place in crestmead, maybe he was was the origin player QLD JANE was referring to. Apparently was going to be announced at seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Swordfish
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bongo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.