Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hopeful he's had a big wake up call. Knowing our luck in recent years we will have no choice but to sack him and he will turn himself around at the Storm on a small contract.
Payne Haas as a person can get fucked. As a footy player he can play footy. He was the final straw I had with liking footy players or caring about the kind of person they are. When next years articles about Payne doing Ramadan come out and they expect you to believe he's an angel like they have in previous years, don't believe it because it's not true. He has to earn being called anything other than a shit human by proving that he is something else.

Anyone understating physically threatening a female police officer can get fucked too.

As much as I love beating the cows, as a Queenslander to the core, I would be far happier if all 3 Queensland were up at the top end. Having all three clubs suffering is not a good thing as far as our Qld squad is concerned.

Having a better preforming team means they can take more risks on juniors coming through and they join a winning culture. None of them are really getting that in the current environment.
**** the other teams. They don't want us to be successful and with every team having their hand in the QLD pie we don't need to rely on the other two (one of them being a fake QLD team anyway) to create players for Origin. Also **** Origin until the Broncos are good again.

Meet the right female cop and it’s actually quite easy to verbally abuse them.
Pretty easy to go almost an entire lifetime without having to deal with cops if you can just avoid being a dick head in the first place. Would love to see some of you spend a few hours dealing with the stuff cops deal with. One moment they're finding a dead body in a house, the next they're knocking on someone's door to let them know someones died, the next they're dealing with some dick head yelling at his girlfriend in the street and have to be nice enough about it to not be physically threatened by someone twice their size.

You have our attention. Please continue.
Haha happened almost 20 year ago. I was passenger in a car that was pulled over by her because “ I was being an idiot and looking at her” which is true, I was looking at her because she was death staring me.. Her male partner took my mate aside for a few generic copper questions while she stood there trying to force me to call myself an idiot. I was laughing at her and telling her that she’s the idiot so she told me that because I was rude to her my mate would now be getting a fine for having an unrestrained passenger who was “yahooing” at them.(me). I pointed out to her that I had my seatbelt buckled and the window was up and this would have been captured on her car’s dash cam with no yahooing( this all happened while we crossed an intersection and she was waiting at the red light on our left) and she just went silent and stared at me, seething and unable to think of anything to say. Her male counterpart who had been over-listening to our conversation then abruptly stopped talking to my mate and came over to us, where he calmed the situation and discussed Like an adult what happened and then told me that nobody here today is an idiot, but we can all be a little bit silly sometimes, even the police. We were then allowed to leave with no fuss.

Won't someone please think of the children...er women police officers!!!!

**** the other teams. They don't want us to be successful and with every team having their hand in the QLD pie we don't need to rely on the other two (one of them being a fake QLD team anyway) to create players for Origin. Also **** Origin until the Broncos are good again.
Maybe I was raised differently but nothing comes before QLD loyalty..... but at the end of the day even if you disagree with that, it's still the NSWRL with a new logo. The "outer" clubs used to stick together a bit and I think that going away to a degree has gotten us where we are.

In the past, there used to be a lot less sniping and poaching between the QLD teams and it's been a big part of our downfall I believe to let it degrade to such a point. We've forgotten who the common enemy is and we have outlandish plays to secure QLD Talent like Fifi's massive offer just putting an exclimation point on that.

I think the old ways were alive and well as recently as a 5-6 years ago with player deals that looked like favours - even as recently as Ash Taylors first contract with the tits. Bennett didn't think he'd get a run so he picked up the phone with the mob down the road and deals were arranged.

We used to be like that and it benefited many. Those days are gone and I really long for them back. Just like our association with the walker bros, jets, many things are just not "right" from the last 5 or so years. Those bridges can be mended and should be for the good of QLD League.

In case you're wondering who the Broncos have on their books in the Langer Cup:

Wavell SHS
Felix Fa’atili
Ben Te Kura
Karl Oloapu

PALM BEACH CURRUMBIN
Reef Somerville
Deine Mariner

COOMBABAH SHS
Tim Sielaff-Burns

KEEBRA PARK SHS
Blake Mozer

MARSDEN SHS
Nathaniel Tangimataiti

ST MARY’S COLLEGE
Xavier Va'a
De La Salle Va'a

Wavell SHS
Felix Fa’atili
Ben Te Kura
Karl Oloapu

PALM BEACH CURRUMBIN
Reef Somerville
Deine Mariner

COOMBABAH SHS
Tim Sielaff-Burns

KEEBRA PARK SHS
Blake Mozer

MARSDEN SHS
Nathaniel Tangimataiti

ST MARY’S COLLEGE
Xavier Va'a
De La Salle Va'a
Which ones can actually play and which ones are just bigger than the kids they are playing against?

Wavell SHS
Felix Fa’atili
Ben Te Kura
Karl Oloapu

PALM BEACH CURRUMBIN
Reef Somerville
Deine Mariner

COOMBABAH SHS
Tim Sielaff-Burns

KEEBRA PARK SHS
Blake Mozer

MARSDEN SHS
Nathaniel Tangimataiti

ST MARY’S COLLEGE
Xavier Va'a
De La Salle Va'a
De La Soul?
Hip Hop Animation GIF by Jimmy Arca

Which ones can actually play and which ones are just bigger than the kids they are playing against?
I can vouch for the one kid with the Euro name. He'll be our next hooker.

But then again I said Reece Walsh would be our fullback for many years to come, so what would I know?

Payne Haas as a person can get fucked. As a footy player he can play footy. He was the final straw I had with liking footy players or caring about the kind of person they are. When next years articles about Payne doing Ramadan come out and they expect you to believe he's an angel like they have in previous years, don't believe it because it's not true. He has to earn being called anything other than a shit human by proving that he is something else.

Anyone understating physically threatening a female police officer can get fucked too.
I find it difficult to comprehend people threatening the cops like that tbh. There are obviously some bad ones same as in any walk of life, but the majority are ok. Let's face it, there are many situations in life where they would be the first people you call.

I could be a little over-sensitive to it as, like I said before, my wife worked in emergency, just trying to help people and I can't even tell you now the amount of times she has been verbally and physically abused. There is just no need for it.

Wavell SHS
Felix Fa’atili
Ben Te Kura
Karl Oloapu

PALM BEACH CURRUMBIN
Reef Somerville
Deine Mariner

COOMBABAH SHS
Tim Sielaff-Burns

KEEBRA PARK SHS
Blake Mozer

MARSDEN SHS
Nathaniel Tangimataiti

ST MARY’S COLLEGE
Xavier Va'a
De La Salle Va'a

What's with all these kids named Xavier? I didn't realise Patrick Stewart's Professor X had such a widespread cultural impact...

Maybe I was raised differently but nothing comes before QLD loyalty..... but at the end of the day even if you disagree with that, it's still the NSWRL with a new logo. The "outer" clubs used to stick together a bit and I think that going away to a degree has gotten us where we are.

In the past, there used to be a lot less sniping and poaching between the QLD teams and it's been a big part of our downfall I believe to let it degrade to such a point. We've forgotten who the common enemy is and we have outlandish plays to secure QLD Talent like Fifi's massive offer just putting an exclimation point on that.

I think the old ways were alive and well as recently as a 5-6 years ago with player deals that looked like favours - even as recently as Ash Taylors first contract with the tits. Bennett didn't think he'd get a run so he picked up the phone with the mob down the road and deals were arranged.

We used to be like that and it benefited many. Those days are gone and I really long for them back. Just like our association with the walker bros, jets, many things are just not "right" from the last 5 or so years. Those bridges can be mended and should be for the good of QLD League.

Nah **** the other teams. Cows think they’re king shit because we shat the bed the one period in their history they were any good, and then fluked their way to another GF.

Titans are still kinda shit, just not as shit as they used to be after the initial Prince/Rogers/Campbell years

The only silver lining I see if either of them were to win a GF over an NSWRL club is that at least the trophy wasn’t down there, but not because it’s to a Qld club, only the former. I’d be happier if, for argument’s sake, a Perth team existed and won instead or even against the Tits or the Cows

I also enjoy Origin for the duration of it but I don’t really care about it as soon as it’s over.

Brisbane or nothing

**** the other clubs. No one in NQ or GC says oh well I'd rather the Broncos win than "insert sydney team". They hate us. They want us to lose. Why should we want them to succeed? Makes no difference to us as a club apart from another stick to beat us with.

I love Payne the player, and he seems like a decent bloke off the field for the most part.

But unless he is protecting against violence or threats of violence from a female toward him or someone else, I can’t think of a time when it is acceptable that a 120kg giant (or any male for that matter really) physically threatens a female. Police officer or not.

If anyone disagrees; imagine she was your sister, girlfriend, wife, mum or whatever and then ask yourself how you feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Volvo Driver
  • Battler
  • vertigo
  • Redux
  • simplythebest
  • Allo
  • Brotherdu
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.