Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobbo has shown less playmaking ability than Farnworth

When the playmakers (including Tesi at FB) straighten the attack and don't cramp Farnworth against both Oates and the sideline he has shown a decent ability with both a kick and pass for his support players. not to mention his strong running game
Cobbo may have shown less thus far, but that's quite a different argument

They'd both be asking for the biggest deals of their careers. We'd be buying them at their peak. We may lose players like Cobbo and Staggs if we go down the route of buying talent rather than developing.

It depends how we work their salaries into the squad. I definitely wouldn't be mad at those signings... But I'd be mad if we lost Cobbo ( I actually don't care if Staggs stays or leaves )
I'd rather have Smith and Manu over Cobbo and Staggs every day of the week. We just arent going to rebuild our club on potential talent, we need some proven quality to get us back on track and restore our reputation and if our younger players are good enough they will force their way in anyway like they always have done.

I'd rather have Smith and Manu over Cobbo and Staggs every day of the week. We just arent going to rebuild our club on potential talent, we need some proven quality to get us back on track and restore our reputation and if our younger players are good enough they will force their way in anyway like they always have done.
I'd rather keep Cobbo over recruiting Smith and Manu.. But that's just me. Entirely possible that we can keep Cobbo while recruiting big name spine players. I just have very little faith in Broncos salary cap management.

I'd rather keep Cobbo over recruiting Smith and Manu.. But that's just me.
Wait, you would rather take the risk that Cobbo is going to be an absolute gun player than let him leave for 2 guaranteed world class player if those are the only options?

I'd rather keep Cobbo over recruiting Smith and Manu.. But that's just me. Entirely possible that we can keep Cobbo while recruiting big name spine players. I just have very little faith in Broncos salary cap management.

That would just be madness in the position we are in right now if it came down to that, but i dont think it would anyway. We wont rebuild on the back of Selwyn Cobbo, but we would on the back of a spine of Manu, Reynolds and Smith.

I'm all for developing our own players, but with the mismanagement of the side and the failure on the field over the last couple of years our standing and reputation has taken a battering and its not going to be a quick process to fix it up. A 2023 side that looks something like this ( based on our current roster and Manu and Smith joining ) would give me a lot of hope going forward that we can get back to where we were.

1 Manu
2 Cobbo
3 Lee
4 Staggs
5 Farnworth
6 Gamble
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Smith
10 Carrigan
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Robati

14 Paix
15 Hetherington
16 and 17 pick from James/Jensen/ Willison/Flegler

If we were to sign Smith and Manu Cobbo, Staggs etc will be more likely to stay for less as the team is successful.

Might want to figure out who we want to keep, sooner than later:

Might want to figure out who we want to keep, sooner than later:

Why??

They've said there is a 2yr moratorium so we've clearly got nothing to worry about 🙄🙄🙄

If we didn't have fifty players already signed for the halves, I would love to have seen chanel Harris Tevita in our 6 position next year

Why??

They've said there is a 2yr moratorium so we've clearly got nothing to worry about 🙄🙄🙄
Think it was just the fire hawks that gave that undertaking.
Don’t know that Redcliffe and the Jets have done the same.

From a mate of a mates sisters brother at the NRL, it's Redcliffe. Will be announced on GF day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.