Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame Hosking for leaving, he was never getting in the 17 here.

Not sure where the opportunity for him is at Penrith, I don't really see him making the 17 there either but we'll see I guess.

Speaking of Ciraldo, he's inheriting what should be a gun team with Mahoney and Kikau coming in. The should end up being a top 6 side.

Their roster is so poor... I look through their squad and barely see any first-grade standard players. No fullback, no halfback... Just Burton (a centre playing pivot who already has one foot out the door) and Mahoney. I would personally be honestly shocked to see them get anywhere close to the 8 next year.

Mahoney is good but they are a MESS and Ciraldo is a totally unproven entity.

Interested to hear what you see in them

It's a weird one, Hosking going to Penrith

Probably gets no more an opportunity than he would've got here, maybe they offered him a contract and we didn't

It's a Cleary type of signing, an unfashionable low maintenance player who works hard and is value for money. Considering they've lost Kikau and replaced him with Garner, it's worth adding some more depth in the position. Plus, Hosking offers some versatility as well being able to play some lock forward. Considering Yeo will be one of the first selected for NSW, it's worth having a few experiened old heads around the Origin period.

It definitely worked in the Broncos favour this year, Hosking was one of their best in both games.

It's a weird one, Hosking going to Penrith

Probably gets no more an opportunity than he would've got here, maybe they offered him a contract and we didn't
sounded like he wanted to head back down and why not with a team like Penrith, definitely has a chance to be a part of there team at some point.

sounded like he wanted to head back down and why not with a team like Penrith, definitely has a chance to be a part of there team at some point.
He'll probably get a game the week after they play us when they have 16 out injured.

Their roster is so poor... I look through their squad and barely see any first-grade standard players. No fullback, no halfback... Just Burton (a centre playing pivot who already has one foot out the door) and Mahoney. I would personally be honestly shocked to see them get anywhere close to the 8 next year.

Mahoney is good but they are a MESS and Ciraldo is a totally unproven entity.

Interested to hear what you see in them

Decent forwards, gun wingers and a strike centre and Flanagan is an extremely underrated halfback. They are a gun fullback away from being a contender potentially.

Decent forwards, gun wingers and a strike centre and Flanagan is an extremely underrated halfback. They are a gun fullback away from being a contender potentially.
This was the third guy in the cubicle with ponga. Flanagan an under rated hb? Really??

Our depth is going to get eaten up in the off season. Most of these guys will get starting spots at a few other clubs. It’s on Ikin and DD to replace them with worthy talent now

Our depth is going to get eaten up in the off season. Most of these guys will get starting spots at a few other clubs. It’s on Ikin and DD to replace them with worthy talent now
Our depth was/is so impressive this year. Quite remarkable considering the players we let go and the position we were in over the past few years.
Hats off to the clubs recruitment and retention team, as well as the coaching staff for making sure every player knew their role and did a simplified job when they covered.

Our depth was probably among the best in the nrl this year. Will be hard to beat or match, but the coaching and recruitment teams should be shown faith until proven otherwise. Fucking love the moneyball style we have turned too.

Hosking, TMM, Jensen, and even Lee and gamble lesser extents, show the rest of the fringe players that broncos are now a club you can grow your career at and improve

I just hope that we replace them with similar depth signings like we did this year; a few older (mid to late 20's), more mature and experienced players (I.e. like Jensen, Hosking's, hoeter and brenko were). They showed how important they were to our team during injury and origin.

We have previously relied too much on youth coming through before they were ready and been burned by it.

From the limited qld cup and rep games I've seen I'd like us to have a shot at a few of the raw png forwards. They'd be the type of players to just come in for 1 or 2 games and just leave absolutely everything on the footy field. That's what you need from cover, just grwt attitudes and no backwards steps..

Yep we're quickly losing some of the guys that have been providing great depth and I'm not really noticing any signing or re-signing news to maintain that depth.

TMM - Gone (10 games)
Jensen - Free agent Nov 1 (16 games)
Kobe - Free agent Nov 1 (20 games)
Gamble - Free agent Nov 1?? Could jag a spot on another top 30 roster (8 games)
Brenko - Gone (7 games)
Pereira - Free agent Nov 1 (4 games)
Turps - Gone... back-up is now Mozer (12 games)
Albert - Likely gone (4 games... but started in round 1)
Kennedy - Gone (9 games)
Ryan James - Likely retiring? (9 games)
Hosking - Gone (2 games... full 80mins both times??)
Roberts - Likely gone? (2 games, but started at 7)

Billy - Off contract this year, but likely to re-sign? (20 games)
Hoeter - Apparently re-signed??
Palasia - Apparently re-signed??

Yeah I’m hopeful Ikin and Kev will continue to raid Q Cup, squeeze a good season or 2 out of fringe players and then let them chase opportunities else where when they start deserving price increases
Our roster is already pretty settled. I'm not seeing a lot of so-called "fringe" players who are likely to get a run. Right now the "fringe" players have surnames like Piakura, Robati, Willison, Gamble, Niu, Mozer and Mariner.

Our roster is already pretty settled. I'm not seeing a lot of so-called "fringe" players who are likely to get a run. Right now the "fringe" players have surnames like Piakura, Robati, Willison, Gamble, Niu, Mozer and Mariner.
Can’t see those surnames sticking around if not getting a start. Regardless of their current contract obligations.

Hosking> every second rower on our books except Capewell when he’s on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Ondi
  • marw
  • Astro
  • GCBRONCO
  • BRC088
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • davidp
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.