Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Quade Cooper says he'd love a stint in rugby league before he hangs up his boots, but concedes he's probably left it too late for that to be the NRL. Shame he didn't come to us ten years ago:

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
On a completely unrelated note, gee Jordan Riki would make a great utility.
Yup, totally agree but for that to work for us, we need someone who’s good enough for a back row plus a good protector to Adam. Other than Piakura & Robati, I don’t know if we have much depth in backrow and if those 2, it appears that Piakura is marked as version-2 of TPJ by NSWRL. So, there’s that in addition to those 2 yet to prove they’re 80min players @NRL level. Hope it changes soon 🤞.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
No, he said there's a "whisper." Doesn't need any fact checking. It's already more than a whisper now since we're talking about it.

Like I said, even as a rumour it's too light to take seriously other than to file away in your memory for future reference. It's in the context of a much larger article on all the players up for contract.

There would be lots of clubs asking after Herbie right now. You'd hope.
There is a whisper we are on the verge of signing Nathan Cleary, Harry Grant, Angus Crichton, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Isaah Yeo.

It was me. I just whispered it....

Maybe that is why Crawley is getting ridiculed over that one….

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There is a whisper we are on the verge of signing Nathan Cleary, Harry Grant, Angus Crichton, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Isaah Yeo.

It was me. I just whispered it....

Maybe that is why Crawley is getting ridiculed over that one….
Difference being Crawley talks to rugby league professionals all day as part of his job. He mightn't have the highest credibility in your eyes, but the rumour is what he said it is: something he heard. Nothing more or less than that.

I must say Herbie and Victor Radley make a handsome couple...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Difference being Crawley talks to rugby league professionals all day as part of his job. He mightn't have the highest credibility in your eyes, but the rumour is what he said it is: something he heard. Nothing more or less than that.

Basically, Crawley is getting paid to write something that we do on a forum. I read on this very forum just now that we are looking at signing Nathan Cleary, Harry Grant, Angus Crichton, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Isaah Yeo.

Should I go and report this? I mean I have no idea who @Jason Simmons is but if he reference him, he is essentially the same source as what Crawley has used, an unnamed source.

So basically, Crawley could have said it himself about Herbie to someone else in his office and then they ask him, 'Really, Herbie to the Roosters?'

Hey presto, Crawley has now got someone else to quote as a whisper.

Mind you, I doubt that Crawley went to that much effort.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

He talks to people who talk to people who work with rugby league professionals. I seriously doubt there's any benefit for people who are actually involved with the clubs to discuss matters with the media. These guys are laughed at by those who matter, manipulated and used by player managers. They're leaches.

They hang around after the interviews chatting amongst themselves, fabricating whatever they think will get clicks on their blog. I know you idolize these people, but they very rarely add anything positive to our sport and often bring the game into disrepute themselves. They use lingo that allows them to be wrong so they can fall back on "it was a whisper" or "things change". It's a joke and defending them is embarrassing.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016

Crawley is up and down like a yoyo, wants be sensationalism journalistic one minute, the next conservative. One minute hes friends and get info from players on down low - the next hes publishing it.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Basically, Crawley is getting paid to write something that we do on a forum. I read on this very forum just now that we are looking at signing Nathan Cleary, Harry Grant, Angus Crichton, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Isaah Yeo.

Should I go and report this? I mean I have no idea who @Jason Simmons is but if he reference him, he is essentially the same source as what Crawley has used, an unnamed source.

So basically, Crawley could have said it himself about Herbie to someone else in his office and then they ask him, 'Really, Herbie to the Roosters?'

If the anonymous shitposters on this forum comprised a mix of player agents, current players, ex players, sports journalists, club officials and industry insiders then I might almost get the point you're trying to stretch. Get some sleep.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Crawley is up and down like a yoyo, wants be sensationalism journalistic one minute, the next conservative. One minute hes friends and get info from players on down low - the next hes publishing it.
No one here has any idea to what extent this rumour has legs. Anyone bluffing they can bet against rumours printed by any journalist, who mixes in industry circles, is more full of it than the journalist they routinely drool spittle over.

Herbie is on the market. The Roosters are one of 15 other clubs he might join if he leaves. You can bank that.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Let's be honest here for a moment, this Tesi Niu "rumour" is only based on Rothfield coming out in his infinite wisdom and putting 2 and 2 together and then pretty much saying "Well, there's no spot for him at Brisbane now".

If The are going to sign a fullback, I reckon it would be a set in stone marquee fullback, they've already got the budget version of Tesi Niu in Jamayne Isaako. Why would they want another one?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

It’s been upgraded from a whisper to a rumour already? That’s basically confirmed then isn’t it?

HoMG! Breaking news!!! 🤣

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

And now that we are talking about it, “it is understood, discussions are underway with respect to these new signings…”

Maybe I need a new career…

🙄

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
No one here has any idea to what extent this rumour has legs. Anyone bluffing they can bet against rumours printed by any journalist, who mixes in industry circles, is more full of it than the journalist they routinely drool spittle over.

Herbie is on the market. The Roosters are one of 15 other clubs he might join if he leaves. You can bank that.
16 other clubs now…

Adds a bit more spice when you up the number.

Clearly you haven‘t followed the “Rugby League journo 101, lessons…”

MagicMan87

MagicMan87

BRL Player
Aug 21, 2018
Let's be honest here for a moment, this Tesi Niu "rumour" is only based on Rothfield coming out in his infinite wisdom and putting 2 and 2 together and then pretty much saying "Well, there's no spot for him at Brisbane now".

If The are going to sign a fullback, I reckon it would be a set in stone marquee fullback, they've already got the budget version of Tesi Niu in Jamayne Isaako. Why would they want another one?
Didn’t they sign Hammer not 4 weeks ago to be the fullback in parts unknown?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Quade Cooper says he'd love a stint in rugby league before he hangs up his boots, but concedes he's probably left it too late for that to be the NRL. Shame he didn't come to us ten years ago:

He would need to learn to tackle .
Rugger boys aren`t known for their stinging defence .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There’s a whisper that the journalist who originated this might have made it up.
If you're still hearing whispers, titrate up.

It was announced by the Dolphins.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • Painin the Haas
  • Aldo
  • easybreezy
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Robboi_321
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.