Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

1) Figures seem insane and probably are. Seems like another manager pumping up numbers and "leaking" to the media in order to get the incumbent to front up more cash.

2) TPJ pretty much proved it was the case, but Flegler will likely be another example of players being penalised harsher while wearing a Broncos jersey. But at least Flegler will be a monster when he is allowed to play, TPJ just got dumber. Take your pick out of our young forwards to see who will become the next target of the NRL to be neutered. Or worse yet they'll go after Carrigan again and ruin his career.
I feel like Piakura has already been lined up as the next Broncos penalty magnet

I think people forget how consistently good Pat was and focus on the 3 or 4 average games he had at the start of 2021. In 2020 he was immense, especially after we lost Haas, look at the game against St George for example. Pat just kept improving and gone up another level where i dont think Flegler has yet. His game hasnt evolved. One thing i would say i feel would help Flegler is give him a defined role. Either tell him he is a bench impact player ( which i think suits his game ) or make him a starter and stick to it.

I think the obvious difference between the two, apart from the obvious issue with Fleglers recklessness, is consistency. Flegler has a lot in his locker. Can offload, great footwork and can score a try, but we dont see him put it all together regularly. Carrigan has always performed consistently well since he made first grade. 2021 is a hard one to judge right now as he got injured, but every other year

Flegs didn`t kick on like I expected .
I thought he could have come on like Patty . If anything he went backwards as far as impact .

Hoping he kicks on next season .

Seriously, go back and have a look at a lot of the posts about him then tell me people on here saw this improvement in him. I'll give you some examples and i could easily put up a ton more, but this already too long post will be pages long!

At the start of 2022 not one person on here would have said he would be the best forward Queensland have, he would get player of the series and he would be playing for Australia. I was arguing with people last year when he signed his contract that he was worth the $450k a year, most thought it was too much. I think $450k was top of what he was worth then, and i think $550k is what i'd be paying him now.

Haas was on $750k a year when he had his hissy fit and wanted a million and then the extension to go up to $1.2 million in 2025. Thats a massive increase. I can pretty much guarantee Carrigan wont carry on like Haas either. I dont get why people have an issue with any player who improves their game so much getting a pretty modest pay bump after the kind of improvement Carrigan has shown and its still pretty common practice to try to tie down a player after such an improvement.

This paying the club back because you are injured is just nonsense. I get the sentiment, but Like i said, if you go that way, then you cant say he isnt worth more money when he playing like a forward on double the money and shouldnt get an increase.

The club are probably in a no win position. They dont give him an upgrade, he gets alienated. If he gets the upgrade but no extension, the fans will get the shits, but if he gets a year or 2 upgrade on what he is on now and he breaks down with injury, you get the Boyd situation again where the club gets crucified for dishing out a long, expensive contract. I still think the best option is give him the $100k and review it again at the end of 2023.
Yep I have to agree with this. A majority of people on here and the Broncos fan base in general didn’t see a lot in Carrigan because he wasn’t ‘flashy’. Most thought he was a waste of money or at least apathetic to whether he stayed.

The meme of Wolfie stalking Patty didn’t come about because he was just one of many Carrigan fans.

Flegs didn`t kick on like I expected .
I thought he could have come on like Patty . If anything he went backwards as far as impact .

Hoping he kicks on next season .
I think he started to drop in his impact when he was taken out of that impact role off the bench and swapped with Jensen.
He's far better off the bench at this stage

Random thought, I wonder if we could make a play for Ipape and how much he'd cost. In the championship games I watched this year, I was impressed but that is English second division. Mind you, his side were miles above every other side in that division it isn't funny. He's also been impressive at the world cup thus far too. I reckon he's got something.

Random thought, I wonder if we could make a play for Ipape and how much he'd cost. In the championship games I watched this year, I was impressed but that is English second division. Mind you, his side were miles above every other side in that division it isn't funny. He's also been impressive at the world cup thus far too. I reckon he's got something.
In a heartbeat:

Yeah he looks the goods but obviously Leigh just got promoted and he is mid contract so we now have to negotiate with him like his playing circumstances are a bit more reasonable than what they have been this season. Leigh/Adrian Lam won’t be stupid enough to release him in their first year of promotion. Also add to the fact we won’t be proactive enough to do it.

He looks like a cult hero in the making but his defence looks a bit sus. Not sure how it would hold up in the NRL
He's exactly the kind of player I've been talking about wanting at 14.

He was at the Hunters and Wynnum as well. Manly too.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.